• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,480 - $42,657.

10/7.7

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Gorgeous vehicle, great MPG's, very fun to drive!"

"This is the 3rd Audi that I have owned. I wanted something different- something bigger, with a little more cargo space. I literally purchased my 2014 Q5 without ever driving it beforehand. They are very difficult to find in this area- and there were none in stock to test drive...so I had them order it for me. No one should give this vehicle a bad review. It is fun to drive, it has a quiet ride, it is NOT bumpy at all, the technology is perfect, the gas mileage is great, and... let's be honest... it is an Audi. You feel important when you drive it. People look at you."

Very Nice Car/SUV

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet running engine, no body roll"

Cons: "None so far"

"I'm Luvin this vehicle. It drives like a charm! I don't know if it is the best I've ever owned, my old 2006 BMW X3 gives some stiff competition, but it is definitely in the running. This thing looks a lot smaller on the outside than it feels from the inside. The cargo space is just right. Drives like a car with the cargo of an SUV..."

Good mileage, good pickup for 4 cylinder. No issue

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mileage. Nice acoutrements."

Cons: "Requires premium fuel, needs auto exit seats."

"The car has been great. No issues, only oil changes done in 33,000 miles. Needs tires before winter, but this has been a good car. Amazingly spunky for a little 4-banger. My only concern is the engine/transmission make a horrible grinding noise when we first start it up. Audi says it's normal but I'm not buying that. Panoramic roof is nice. Great in the snow."

It has been a great car with no issues

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Handles well and has great performance."

Cons: "Not wide enough for a set of golf clubs"

"We have had the car for 5 years with no issues."

So much to love but so many annoyances!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and screaming fast"

Cons: "Behind the curve in connectivity and electronics"

"This car is beautiful inside and out and handles as well or better than any BMW or Lexus I've owned. It is TERRIFIC at going fast: I have the TDI's Turbo-Diesel and it has an incredible amount of low end torque. The ride is very comfortable, the wheel transmits just the right amount of road feel and the sound system's speakers are great. All that being said, I'd give it back to the dealer tomorrow if I could. The electronics are way behind the curve; you have to take your eyes off the road and one hand off the wheel to do way too many things (change stations on radio, change audio sources, change screens so that some climate or other adjustment can be made). The Navigation system is archaic and clunky to operate and the voice recognition is terrible. The bluetooth system has a hard time distinguishing when multiple phones are in the car and the answer button frequently stops (and starts!) working. We got this car almost about the same time as a new Ford Escape which has electronics that are vastly more modern, useful and safety-conscious (the car literally will park itself) but are in a car that cost half as much as this. Powertrain: this car is really bad at slow speeds: approach an intersection slowly while waiting for pedestrians or cross-traffic and then try to speed up; the car lags like it's been flooded. You're sometimes left in mid intersection waiting for acceleration. Really too bad that this car is such a mixed bag of both excellent and really terrible design choices. 3G connectivity practically useless. Can't disable door auto-locks; can't close rear hatch from inside the car(!!)or with key fob. You have to look down at console to control too many functions."