• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,590 - $36,505.

10/7.7

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Deceiving MPG

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

"Advertised 20-40 mpg. I get 22-23 mpg with the hybrid engine. Not happy. Had to wait for this model to come out to get good gas mileage and not getting it. Paid over $10,000 for this engine."

Love this car was a huge jump from my Acura

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Handling, sound system, quality"

Cons: "Cost to maintain"

"Handling and ride is fantastic All wheel drive works perfect Sound system (Bang and Olefsen) Rides great"

I love my new Q5 TDI

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Great Torque, Quiet clean diesel"

Cons: "mediocre HP but that didn't stop me."

"My Q5 TDI is my second Audi I've owned. I previously owned an Audi S4. I love the power and handling of my S4, but didn't like the mpg on it. At first I thought of the SQ5 but the American version is the gas version. I really wished they brought the European diesel SQ5 version instead over here, then I would definitely gotten the SQ5. I settled with the Q5 TDI because of the insanely great MPG and torque I can get from it. I test drove all of the Q5 variants and they were ok on driving characteristics. Until I test drove the TDI version, and I was surprised to how 428 ft pounds of torque felt like. It almost felt like my S4, but no V8 rumble. But that didn't matter, because I was aiming for great MPG and better resale value. I actually had my Q5 customized before it was built. I got everything I wanted in it that made sense for me to get, i.e. S-Line pkg, Sport Interior pkg, Audi Mmi pkg, etc etc. all the way down to the color. When I waited a couple months for it to be delivered, I was so excited to see it in person. The quality both in and out was what to be expected from an Audi. So what if the bumpers have tail lights, I don't parallel park my Q5 nor park it near where there's a lot of cars anyways. I love how quiet this diesel car makes. It sounds as quiet as a regular gas car. As for the gas mileage, i'm getting way over 40 MPG on my new Q5 TDI. And as for combined MPG, I get it around 30-40 MPG. Not bad for an All wheel drive SUV when compared to other AWD SUV. My only wish is that Audi designed a Q5 TDI hybrid with AWD, now that would be something to look forward to. I do miss my V8 rumble sound from my previous S4 but moving to the Q5 TDI was much better for me. And Audi is always coming up with great technology."

great car my best ever

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Fun to drive."

Q5 TDI is the best car I have owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Performance - handling & smooth ride & sporty"

Cons: "None - 3 new Audis & no complaints"

"Let me start by saying this is my 3rd new Audi in 4 years. I had had 2010 & 2012 A4's before this & wanted to go back to an SUV but was not too keen on the gas Q5 ride. The 2.0 was a bit stiff & I find the 3.0 gas to be a little heavy in the steering. BUT THE NEW TDI not only performs better than the gas Q5's it also handles & rides GREAT! Steering is spot on & the car rides very smooth & balanced. I had test driven the Mercedes M class Diesel but the Audi has a better suspension & drivers feel. I have owned Lexus (& my wife is on her 2nd RX350 - also new 2014), Mercedes & BMW but I enjoy the new generation Audi's the best. My wife likes the Lexus but it is Audi driving experience for me."