2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,360 - $36,397.

10/7.7

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great car

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, well built"

Cons: "confusing controls, rough ride, road noise"

"I have put over 50K miles on this car, and have not had a single issue with it. Very high quality built car. Handling is exceptional, and has good power. The radio/navigation controls are a bit confusing at first, but you get used to them. I'm also not sure why Audi does not put USB ports in their cars. Hopefully that will change soon. The ride is also a bit rough and the road noise is noticeable at higher speeds. This car is built for aggressive driving. It is not as comfortable or smooth as some of the other luxury brands, but overall quality is great."

Great vehicle, comfortable & smooth

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Very nice, luxurious and comfortable. Handles really well, nice pick up, power and very smooth handling. All kinds of convenient bells and whistles. My wife and I were looking for a smaller SUV and stumbled upon this machine. We were impressed. It has been a great car for us."

So much to love but so many annoyances!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and screaming fast"

Cons: "Behind the curve in connectivity and electronics"

"This car is beautiful inside and out and handles as well or better than any BMW or Lexus I've owned. It is TERRIFIC at going fast: I have the TDI's Turbo-Diesel and it has an incredible amount of low end torque. The ride is very comfortable, the wheel transmits just the right amount of road feel and the sound system's speakers are great. All that being said, I'd give it back to the dealer tomorrow if I could. The electronics are way behind the curve; you have to take your eyes off the road and one hand off the wheel to do way too many things (change stations on radio, change audio sources, change screens so that some climate or other adjustment can be made). The Navigation system is archaic and clunky to operate and the voice recognition is terrible. The bluetooth system has a hard time distinguishing when multiple phones are in the car and the answer button frequently stops (and starts!) working. We got this car almost about the same time as a new Ford Escape which has electronics that are vastly more modern, useful and safety-conscious (the car literally will park itself) but are in a car that cost half as much as this. Powertrain: this car is really bad at slow speeds: approach an intersection slowly while waiting for pedestrians or cross-traffic and then try to speed up; the car lags like it's been flooded. You're sometimes left in mid intersection waiting for acceleration. Really too bad that this car is such a mixed bag of both excellent and really terrible design choices. 3G connectivity practically useless. Can't disable door auto-locks; can't close rear hatch from inside the car(!!)or with key fob. You have to look down at console to control too many functions."

They know how to build cars in Ingolstadt!

By on Friday, June 05, 2015

Pros: "Build quality, material quality, performance"

Cons: "Driving position isn't ideal - nitpick"

"I've always preferred German Cars and have owned several over the years, as well as American and Japanese. Hands down, game over, the fat lady has sung; the fine people of Ingolstadt Germany quite simply build the finest automobiles on the road today. For those of us who need one vehicle that does it all, the Q5 is simply the best value on the market today. Some SUVs do "some" things great but the Audi Q5 somehow strikes the balance and does everything well. After 20K miles, the most prominent feature is the superior build quality which you really notice after a couple of years. Audi uses higher quality materials and tighter tolerances on assembly and the SUV seems to somehow get better with age - hence the high resale value. People of Ingolstadt, thank you! When I finally make it to your beautiful city, drinks are on me."

First time Audi buyer

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Features and benefits"

Cons: "Oil consumption"

"We shopped all options within this class and the Audi was the clear choice for us. They easily overcame our long held concerns about Audi safety, quality and value. Pros; Features and benefits that were a good fit. Very good performance characteristics and driving comfort for my wife and I. Cons; Oil consumption. However we were not surprised having owned a 5 series BMW. Best in it's class in our opinion."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Outstand vehicle"

Cons: "Non in the first 10,000 miles"

"The vehicle ride and handling is outstanding. The design and confort is the best I have driven and seen. My vehicle is loaded nav.,mms, 19" wheels, etc. and the price paid after driving 7 other manufactures based os ride, comfort and quality was very good."

Very Nice Car/SUV

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet running engine, no body roll"

Cons: "None so far"

"I'm Luvin this vehicle. It drives like a charm! I don't know if it is the best I've ever owned, my old 2006 BMW X3 gives some stiff competition, but it is definitely in the running. This thing looks a lot smaller on the outside than it feels from the inside. The cargo space is just right. Drives like a car with the cargo of an SUV..."

15,000 miles, no problems and still love it!

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Pros: "More than fun to drive. 700 miles/tankful"

Cons: "Don't have the budget to get a 2nd one."

"Bought the TDI Prestige Edition with active suspension. Average fuel consumption @ 75mph has been 36.5 mpg (20% higher than the EPA ratings). Getting 26 around town and do NOT use the stop & go feature. Extremely quiet. Great B&O sound system."

Good mileage, good pickup for 4 cylinder. No issue

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent mileage. Nice acoutrements."

Cons: "Requires premium fuel, needs auto exit seats."

"The car has been great. No issues, only oil changes done in 33,000 miles. Needs tires before winter, but this has been a good car. Amazingly spunky for a little 4-banger. My only concern is the engine/transmission make a horrible grinding noise when we first start it up. Audi says it's normal but I'm not buying that. Panoramic roof is nice. Great in the snow."

Best suv that i have owned

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "handling, power, comfort"

Cons: "Navigation a little hard to use. Roof slope limits"

"Great power and handling. Looks great inside and out. Averaged 24.2 mpg over the 45k miles. The roof slope in the back does limit the ability to haul larger items."

Great SUV

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "So quiet, love sport mode, solid build"

Cons: "I want the flat bottom steering wheel"

"So I bought this new in 13 for Christmas, and I have been pleased ever since. I lived in FL at the time and it was a great SUV for everyday simple things. Shortly after I got transferred to TX. I packed up a lot of stuff in it, literally I couldn't fit anything else in it, from bottom to top, front to back. I was amazed at how much I got in. My road trip from the east coast of FL ended in central TX. I was comfortable, felt great, and still averaged 24mpg for the whole trip (70-80mph)even with it loaded up. Not once did I feel I didn't have the power to overtake people. I didn't want to subject the Q to my new daily commute (84mi round trip) so I got a beater and put it in the garage. I of course took it out every weekend. Fast forward a year and I'm transferring to Washington state. So I pick up the truck, this time not as full but still packed and hit the road. 2,100mi over all different kinds of terrain, weather, and time of day I had no issues. Somewhere in Idaho I got a metal sliver in the tire and the TPS warned me of low pressure in the correct tire. So I pulled over, plugged the tire, and put more air in it. Back on the road it was smooth sailing. After the long haul, up to 7,500ft in elevation multiple times, and changing weather I arrived in WA. No issues, no problems, nothing to make me second guess my purchase."

Excellent all weather performance.

By on Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Great: - Handling in bad weather: snow, rain - Diesel engine - good mileage - average about 26 miles/gal in mixed highway/city driving - Reliable - Owned year and a half now - Beautiful bang and olafson stereo sound Not so great: - It's an SUV, so it can't corner like my A4! - Rear hatch sometimes does not latch when it comes down - not a big deal - slight push fixes it - but a little annoying"

Initial Impressions--Simply Astounding

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Quiet, Sporty, Solid Handling Dynamics,"

Cons: "Still Looking for One"

Scuba Blue Audi Q5

"After 72 hours, I am even more impressed by this car than I was after an extended test drive. First off, it is exceptionally well built: everything fits, everything looks right, everything works well, controls are where they should be. Second, the car is exceptionally comfortable. Mine has the Sport Interior Package, which includes sport seats that are more supportive and are wonderful for my injured back; I sit "in" the seat, not "on" the seat, and after about six hours in the car at one time, I was not tired or aching. The ride is exceptional in terms of comfort and noise; this is a German vehicle, so the ride is firm but not punishing, but that puts the driver more "in touch" with the road and provides a better understanding of what is going on. The most noise we noticed at 70 mph was the tire noise from the interaction between the Goodyear Eagle LS2's and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. On a bad stretch of another freeway, the Q5 significantly toned down the impact of the disjointed sections of concrete. I had originally considered the 6-cylinder TDI version, but the projected payback period was way too long, the 2.0T provided good mileage while providing more than adequate power, and the 2.0T equipped model felt more "nimble." I noticed 33.5 mpg on the driver information system while cruising at 65 mph on level ground with the cruise control on. I had originally thought to give the Q5 2.0T a "nine" instead of a "ten" in the "Driving Dynamics" category, because in my search I found that the BMW X3 28i model handled a "little bit" better (maybe the BMW X3 should get a 10.5 on handling). However, when you take into consideration that this is not a sports sedan but an SUV, the handling is superb. In my view, the Q5 has about 90% of the handling of the BMW and about 125% of the comfort and style--I know others will disagree with that opinion, but those differences of opinion mean that both companies, as well as others, will have products to offer. Additionally, the styling is sound and the dealer experience was superb. No rating on reliability yet, but will report later. Bottom Line: The Q5 is superbly comfortable, eats up the freeway miles, gobbles up the secondary roads, transports you in real comfort, and has a build quality that sets a world standard. A definite winner."

Scuba Blue Audi Q5

The best car for was price paid

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Worsted every penny, comfort and material quality"

Cons: "Cons for future new models - stop reducing weight"

"Good, solid and safe car with high standard of materials, craftsmanship and equipment! True German assembling with family to family dynasty transferred "know how " secrets. Low price for brilliant car, very strong and safe."

vehicle has been excellent

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

"very dependable"

Love this car was a huge jump from my Acura

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Handling, sound system, quality"

Cons: "Cost to maintain"

"Handling and ride is fantastic All wheel drive works perfect Sound system (Bang and Olefsen) Rides great"

ooch audi

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"the sunroof is not all total quiet. While driving past 80 mph I can hear howling wind noise. The doors do not shut smoothly. I would have to slam hard to to shut it. Driving in the the 2 ft snow was no problem. Made it back to NYC with ease."

Best car company to work with in the luxury class.

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet, stable and well balanced"

Cons: "SUV could be higher clearance."

"What a fabulous SUV. I feel safe, sporty, and surrounded by luxury all at the same time. Great job Audi. Love the engineering."

Love it!

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Gorgeous vehicle, great MPG's, very fun to drive!"

"This is the 3rd Audi that I have owned. I wanted something different- something bigger, with a little more cargo space. I literally purchased my 2014 Q5 without ever driving it beforehand. They are very difficult to find in this area- and there were none in stock to test drive...so I had them order it for me. No one should give this vehicle a bad review. It is fun to drive, it has a quiet ride, it is NOT bumpy at all, the technology is perfect, the gas mileage is great, and... let's be honest... it is an Audi. You feel important when you drive it. People look at you."

Accident with a 1989 Classic Tiffany

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

"I love my car. This is my fourth Audi. I was hit in the rear of my Audi A6 in 2010 and if I had not been in such a well built car then I would not be here today writing this review. I was sitting in a line of rush hour traffic and this vehicle hit from behind . I immediately started pressing the brake so that I would not hit the vehicle in front of me. I just missed the car. The owner of that vehicle got out to see if he had any damage and then got in his car and drove away. The vehicle that hit me did not have any brakes and since I was pressing on mine he went to the right side of mine and up the right side peeling the metal off. I was very lucky"

Best I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a car"

Cons: "Side mirrors block vision when turning"

"on gas. Very sporty"

Great Vehicle...

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Cons: "Nav is a little clumsy"

"The only complaint that I have is t hat the navigation is a little clumsy compared to some of our other vehicles. Fun to drive and is great off road too.... Better clearance than you'd think."

Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"its an awesome car the only thing it dosn't have is streaming bluetooth audio"

Awesome fun to drive, quick responsive big cabin.

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "quick, nice looking roomy cool led lights"

Cons: "cup holder in way of arm rest when forward"

"I have owned the Audi Q5 Premium 3.0 for 3 years now. No problems and only 31200 miles on it..At around 25, 000 miles, you can finally hear the sound of the tailpipes nice roar at full speed or passing speeds. Passing is easy and no worries, floor it and your going 100 before you know it. Just purchased another Audi....2015 A3 to add to the family. to early to review. I am a fan for life."

I really hate the small problems

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "exterior lights and comfort"

Cons: "performance and quality, small problems"

"I purchased this car on March, 2013, now i have drove 5000 miles, at least two problems so far,make me so much headache, first one, the button on the control center was frozen, second problem, sound automatically muted when the speed goes 10 mph or more, this problem, they couldn't find out why, this car's design and comfort is not bad, that's why i bought it, but now i regret because of so many small problems, and waste me a lot of time, and also service in Mishawaka, IN Audi dearlership is so bad, some people has really bad attitude! If let me choose again or next time i will go bmw or lexus!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next