2014 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,000 - $35,965.

10/7.7

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

great car my best ever

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Fun to drive."

Q5 TDI is the best car I have owned

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Performance - handling & smooth ride & sporty"

Cons: "None - 3 new Audis & no complaints"

"Let me start by saying this is my 3rd new Audi in 4 years. I had had 2010 & 2012 A4's before this & wanted to go back to an SUV but was not too keen on the gas Q5 ride. The 2.0 was a bit stiff & I find the 3.0 gas to be a little heavy in the steering. BUT THE NEW TDI not only performs better than the gas Q5's it also handles & rides GREAT! Steering is spot on & the car rides very smooth & balanced. I had test driven the Mercedes M class Diesel but the Audi has a better suspension & drivers feel. I have owned Lexus (& my wife is on her 2nd RX350 - also new 2014), Mercedes & BMW but I enjoy the new generation Audi's the best. My wife likes the Lexus but it is Audi driving experience for me."

A great car, fast, comfortable, the rght size

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "solid, fast, comfortable,"

Cons: ""options" is an oxymoron. You get what they have.."

"I have owned more than 20 cars, and have run most of them close to 200,000 miles, European, Japanese and US. We have a 2002 Audi A4 which is like a new car but has cost a lot to repair -$2,000 a side (dual exhausts) when the cat goes, bad coils, recalled after an expensive replacement at my expense, etc. But worth it. Test drove a Q5 with the 4 cylinder, worked awfully hard on my favorite test hill, 6 just goes up with no effort at all. Very comfortable and electronic console and phone work very well. Came with big wheels and summer only tires, an extra $500, tried to get dealer to switch them for regular wheels and tires, at no money back to me, but dealer would not. So bought aftermarket wheels and winter tires. You can fit an 8' long object in if you pull the passenger seat all the way up. Thule box on the roof is useful for trips."

Bad Design - Tail Lights on Real bumper No Way

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Reliable company. Good Quality Car"

Cons: "Bad Design - Tail Lights on Real bumper is a NO NO"

"I am researching in buying this car as I already own an Audi A3 and I am very happy with it. There are 3 major items that it will make me to switch over to BMW X3. 1. The MMI feature all I hear is bad news. 2. Does not offer me a complete iphone integration 3. You DO NOT put tail lights on both sides of the real bumper. Think about how many times these lights will need to be replaced as you or other people hit you while parking."

Best Car I ever owned

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, reliable, classy looking"

Cons: "I have not found any yet"

"I am rarely ever completely happy with any vehicle I have ever owned but my Q5 so far , has delighted me. The performance is superb, and I have the 2T engine, and since I do not tow anything I do not feel the need for a bigger engine. It is quick and sure in traffic and a smooth delight on the highway . I routinely get 26-28 MPG on the highway and one time it hit 31 MPG when I kept the speed to < 60 MPH. The seating is comfortable and long car trips are not tiring in any way. I have owned Lexuses, which I also loved , but this vehicle is more fun.I have had zero problems after 24000 miles . My son, a BMW and Acura owner, bought a 2013 Q5 after driving mine and he is a confirmed Audi fan now. Keep it up Audi and we are yours for life."

AWESOME CAR AND FAST!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT MILEAGE, DEPENDABLE"

Cons: "95 OCTANE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THE USA!"

"THE 4 BANGER IS VERY SUPRISING! IT WILL FLAT HAUL...IT ALSO GETS GOOD MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. MID 20'S IN TOWN AND MID 30'S ON THE HIGHWAY...USUALLY 25-29 MPG COMBINED. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS FINDING HIGHER OCTANE GAS. IT REQUIRES 95 OCTANE, BUT IN OKLAHOMA WE CAN ONLY FIND 91 AND IN TEXAS WE ALWAYS FIND 93. BUT STILL RUNS GREAT!"

I really hate the small problems

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "exterior lights and comfort"

Cons: "performance and quality, small problems"

"I purchased this car on March, 2013, now i have drove 5000 miles, at least two problems so far,make me so much headache, first one, the button on the control center was frozen, second problem, sound automatically muted when the speed goes 10 mph or more, this problem, they couldn't find out why, this car's design and comfort is not bad, that's why i bought it, but now i regret because of so many small problems, and waste me a lot of time, and also service in Mishawaka, IN Audi dearlership is so bad, some people has really bad attitude! If let me choose again or next time i will go bmw or lexus!"

Q5 3.0 S-Line Prestige

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Luxurious, reliable, fast and highly competant"

Cons: "Pricey, poor MPG in cities, floaty suspension"

"When I ordered this car from Audi in October 2012, The SQ5 was unavailable and was not scheduled for US delivery. That has now changed with the 2014 SQ5 TFSI. I built my Q5 with the sportiest offerings Audi then made available: S-Line package with 20" wheels, Audi Drive Select and the sport interior. It has been a great car and a worthy successor to my 2009 Q5 S-Line Prestige. Faster, smoother and with better MPG and an upgraded MMI and interior. It offers plenty of room for 4, or 5 for short trips. With the seats down you can fit a bike in the back and with roof carriers, skis and additional bikes can be loaded. The car offers fantastic interiors, great electronics, B&O stereo, updated MMI Nav system and is very comfortable and quite quick when floored. It is a great luxury crossover that is only second to the SQ5-which I intend to purchase. Most won't need the higher performance levels of the SQ5 but as Audi has eliminated the S-Line option for the Q5, those who favor handling and engine performance will want to move up."

Comfortable, quiet, pretty and its an suv

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, drives great."

Cons: "3 letters - MME"

"I was very reluctant to buy an Audi knowing all Audi's past reputation. Anyone remember the 5000? But my wife loved the car, and it would be hers. So what could I say. I have to say after 80,000 miles the car still performs like the day she picked it up. The first thing you'll notice when driving it is that it's quiet. No engine, no road, absolutely no noise. And its got power. Don't worry about pushing it. It will go. Plus with the dark blue exterior matched by the cinnamon interior it looks posh. Downside? Audi MME. It can drive you nuts to figure it out, but after a year we mastered it. Yeah it took a year. Audi care for its customers? When the water pump gave out in 25k miles of course it was fixed under warranty, but Audi apologized for the fault and extended the drivetrain warranty to 100k miles. Gratis. Good customer service. Now our Audi dealer wants to buy the car back at 110% over BB, but my wife doesn't want to part with it. Nice car? Yeah good choice."

Not worth the cost

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Reason: Too many issues

Pros: "beautiful exterior and interior."

Cons: "drove more rentals and loaners than this car"

"I owned my Audi for a year and some change, it was constantly in the shop. It has a great exterior and gorgeous interior, however my moon roof randomly stopped working, and when it did work it would always squeak when it did work. Mind you I bought this car new. The shift between gears was rough. The tech options were more advance on other cars that were of equal or less value. Lastly, it was not very spacious in the back row, the trunk room was fantastic though."

Unbelievable suv. Will be Audi for life!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "large, comfortable interior A blast to drive"

Cons: "a little bit of a blind spot"

"I have had my Q5 for two months. It is THE most comfortable car that I have ever been in. I am 6ft. 4, and I have plenty of room. In the 2 months that I have owned my car, I have gotten around 22 mpg in mostly city driving. I got the premium plus package, and it is worth every penny. All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd do it in a second!"

Best 5 passenger SUV for the bucks

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive. Good gas mileage. Quiet."

Cons: "Dash takes a while to figure out."

"I recommend the V6, plenty of power, very smooth driving rivaling my wife's 5 series BMW. Best of my Acura, Mercedes, and Lexus SUV's I've owned in the past. Highly recommend this vehicle; worth a look !"

Love this car

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Panoramic sunroof!!"

Cons: "The center counsel is a bit on the small side."

"I have never owned an Audi before and I am a believer. The smoothness of acceleration and the way it corners makes me feel so in control. The panoramic sunroof is a must from now on. I feel like I am outside without all the wind. I love the design of the cruise control. Its a one button push and you can accelerate and decelerate as needed without touching the pedals. I feel very safe, quick, like I can fit into any parking spot, but still have room for packages and 5 passengers. This car is just good looking."

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

"I have owned this car just over 2 months now. I purchased a base model, with only the lighting package and convenience package as upgrades. I was able to keep the price under 40K, so that was good since I'm not a big fan for some of the pricey extras. The handling of the vehicle is great, and the ride is very smooth. It's my first Audi, and I am impressed with it. Checked out BMW, Lexus, Infinity, and Acura, and they just couldn't offer the same vehicle for the price. The interior room is very comfortable, and the rear seats have plenty of space as well. If you've got the bucks to go for the gusto, the supercharged V6 is a nice upgrade, along with sportier wheels and suspension, but the 2.0T has plenty of power for me. I'm very happy with the vehicle and would definitely recommend it to others."

Poor design quality of rear seats

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

"I bought this new audi q5 2T premium plus 2013 model a few months ago. Drive is pretty harsh, you feel all the small bumps, which I can understand as the suspension is tuned to be sporty. However, with that comes the relentless vibration of the rear seats, once you hear it, it is hard to ignore. It comes on the slightest of bumps even at low speeds, and is just continuous on a bumpy highway. Took it to the dealer, no solution, they drove me around in other cars saying it happens in every Q5. Very disappointed."

2011 Audit Q5 3.2L Premium Plus S-Line Package

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Reason: Too expensive for what it was

Pros: "Drives great and handles well"

Cons: "Loses resale value"

"The only downside is the car compares to any VW, Nissan, Infinity...or any other lower class vehicle whee Audi should be up thee with Mercedes and BMW status. Also, buying a 55k+ vehicle and having it worth only 30k trade in with 21k miles and not a scratch on it is pathetic.....kbb has it way wrong. Sell the car on ur own if u can find some own who will spend that much on a used car, but it's hard to resell an SUV type car which is really small, and doesn't hold much in terms of cargo even with the back seats down. It's a compact car and if I had to choose again, I'd go for Range Rover, or BMW over this car any day. Audi's headlights are the best feature of the vehicle and the nice leather interior is comfortable, but it doesn't have enough room in the back seats for a car seat or a grown adult with two people in the front. Panoramic sunroof is awesome, but other than that, it's not worth the price and I'd choose a different car over this any-day. I Traded it in for a Toyota pickup and low the Toyota and the features more than Audi's features...so stay away from Audi and VW....stick with BMW, Mercedes, or Range Rover for high end SUVs...I even rank Toyota fully loaded platinum packages higher than an Audi Premiums Plus or S-Line package."

Awesome vehicle-would recommend

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Bottom of the seat could be deeper for leg comfort"

"I just love this car. It is great to drive around town on short trips or on long trips. I wish the seat was a little deeper for my legs on long trips but it is an awesome vehicle! Very sporty and handles well."

I love this car!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "handling, 8-speed transmission, beautiful cabin"

Cons: "maybe a little pricey, but it's an Audi!"

"This is my 7th Audi. All my previous ones were Avants, but I started feeling that I was sitting too close to the floor, as I have long legs. This car is just perfect for me and for taller people, and it drives like a dream. I couldn't be any happier. And for the record, I test-drove the BMW X3, and while it drove nicely, it couldn't compare to driving the Q5."

it's an Audi

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, stable on highway, perfect interior"

Cons: "expensive"

"i'm an Audi guy and i totally love these cars. this car is fun to drive and it's really stable on the highway esp. the 3.2L V6. the only thing that bothers me is that issue with its FSI engine carbon build-up. I had that issue and it was done under warranty but i don't know when it happens again after the warranty expires what shall I do? I like that car and I hope that they fix that issue for good as I'm planning to keep that car. I have driven Mercedes GLK for about 3 weeks while my Q5 is being fixed for that carbon build-up and the only thing that GLK excels the Audi is the smoothiness of the ride and slightly roomy back seats other than that Audi is much better than the GLK."

An Overall Excellent Value

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Options can be expensive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've just about every iteration of SUV one can imagine dating back to an '88 Isuzu Trooper, Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML430 and a MB G500. Circumstances required me to give up my loved Porsche Cayman S. Initially , i was all set to go for a Range Rover Evoque or maybe a Ford Edge. The Cayenne was more than I wanted to spend and didn't get decent mpgs. Being a car nut I did lots of research and found the Audi Q5 to fit the bill for my needs... all-weather, dog, grand kids, luxury, handling, performance and with the 2.0L Turbo, decent mpgs. It hasn't let me down. I got the Premium Plus package with 19" wheels. In day-to-day driving, I regularly get 23 mpg. On one 2,000 mile road trip, we average 27.5 mpg @ 68 mph average. With Quattro all wheel drive, a/c going, this is outstanding to me. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. The only thing I may be missing is the adaptive suspension, but this isn't a sports car. The quality is second to none and its proven very comfortable. My golf clubs and cart fit in the back with all seats up. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone who's in the market."

I love this car! It's my first new car.

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Totally Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Someone broke into it and stole my laptop."

"I love the look and feel of this car. It's big enough to take people on long trips. We drove it once round trip to Lake Tahoe from Los Angeles with a 100 lb Dalmatian in the back. Our model is 3.2 and fully stocked with all the options. After we purchased this car people gave some really interesting expressions and gestures when we were driving it around."

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Outstand vehicle"

Cons: "Non in the first 10,000 miles"

"The vehicle ride and handling is outstanding. The design and confort is the best I have driven and seen. My vehicle is loaded nav.,mms, 19" wheels, etc. and the price paid after driving 7 other manufactures based os ride, comfort and quality was very good."

Absolutely love it...great vehicle!

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Terrific to drive, handles great"

"Q5 S Line Primere Plus with Nav. The best vehicle I've ever owned. Nothing negative to say. It really turns heads!"

great handling fast

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "fast great handling"

Cons: "in the shop often"

"fun unique fast with the 3.2 2.0 is a joke"

Nice Ride

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"its an awesome car the only thing it dosn't have is streaming bluetooth audio"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next