2011 Audi Q5

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Great car

By on Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I had a Q5 Premium plus with S-line package, had this vehicle for almost 2 weeks now & I will say that this is the best car I ever had. Day time running LED lights makes a cool stylish appearance. Ride is great & quite, car keeps on lane with very little steering effort. Interior fit & finish is excellent. MMI nav is not really user friendly, but once used will be ok, would love if have touch screen.. The display on meter shows the songs list & tel numbers without interfering nav screen is great. I would definitely recommend any one looking to buy a compact suv to drive this car."

Great value, fun to drive, incredible in snow!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, responsive, handling, great in snow."

Cons: "I really cannot think of any"

"Having owned my 2.0T Q5 for 15 months, I am extremely impressed with the Audi for it's great utility and the fact that it is fun to drive. I have owned many sport utility vehicles and the Q5 is by far the most fun to drive as well as having tremendous capability in snow. When the salesman first recommended driving the 4 cylinder 2.0T, I advised him that there was no way I would want a vehicle with such a small motor... (my other vehicle is a 997 Porsche Carerra S - 911). He said "trust me", so I took it for a test drive. I was SOLD -- based on it's responsiveness, relatively great handling, and good gas mileage! Then in February 2011, we got over 24 inches of snow, a record for the area. The Audi was flawless in even the thickest snow. I really can't wait for snowfall this year!"

it's an Audi

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, stable on highway, perfect interior"

Cons: "expensive"

"i'm an Audi guy and i totally love these cars. this car is fun to drive and it's really stable on the highway esp. the 3.2L V6. the only thing that bothers me is that issue with its FSI engine carbon build-up. I had that issue and it was done under warranty but i don't know when it happens again after the warranty expires what shall I do? I like that car and I hope that they fix that issue for good as I'm planning to keep that car. I have driven Mercedes GLK for about 3 weeks while my Q5 is being fixed for that carbon build-up and the only thing that GLK excels the Audi is the smoothiness of the ride and slightly roomy back seats other than that Audi is much better than the GLK."

Great car wish it was just slightly bigger

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quality build, fun to drive, with great MPG"

Cons: "Little on the small side, ride can be stiff/sporty"

"I have owned a 2011 q5 for almost a year now and love it. It is the 2.0 turbo and gets between 22 and 25 MPG pretty consistently. I have not had any problems with the car other than 2 minor ones, the sunshade for the panoramic roof needed adjusting because it closed then opened back up if you didnt hit the button twice, and I needed oil added before the required mileage oil change. This is the 3rd audi I have owned with the 2.0 though and all of them burned oil. All in all I love this car compared to the Lexus which is boring and plain in its current generation, and the tiny X3. This car's materials are made of complete quality components and the fit and finish are far above anything else in the class. I compared it to the RX and the q5 had led/xenon lights, panoramic roof, quality display with out requiring nav, rear based AWD, glove box ipod hookup, better MPG, and less cheap plastic inside just to name a few things. If the car was a touch bigger in the back seat/hatch area I would have graded it 5 out of 5 in every area. I know if you buy this kind of car you shouldn't complain about the price of gas, I just enjoy not having to stop all the time by getting 500 miles out of a tank of gas, then when I do stop I don't need to run the pump twice because the tab goes over ther pump $100 limit like my last sport ute."

Poor quality, beautiful interior

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "interior design"

Cons: "poor quality, very expensive maintenance, lousy service, rattles and squeaks"

"Before my Q5 reached 15k miles, my water pump failed, front brakes need to be replaced, wipers are toast (live in LA and vehicle is garaged), and my back seat constantly rattles. We were just about to head out of town and drive through the desert before the water pump failed on us. Because Audi failed to manage its supply chain and was not prepared to issue a normal recall on the water pumps, they waited for them to fail first and fix them as they came in. Had this failed 250 miles later, we would have been stranded in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night. Our trip was cancelled and Audi washed our car for our inconvenience. Gee...thanks! Next, I have taken the Q5 in twice now for that back seat rattle. However, Pacific Audi pretends they are unaware of such issue. Just do a search on "Q5 and back seat rattle" and you will see all the problems everyone is experiencing. Both times Pacific Audi has told me that they cannot hear the rattle but they have no problem begging me to give them perfect scores for their review. How about fixing the problem and earning your perfect score! Yet when I drive it off the lot, I immediately hear it. I have managed to get by with the constant and annoying noise by turning up my music over it. I guess I will now have to try the duct tape method others have come up with because they did not want to deal with Audi service. Sorry, but spending this kind of money on a vehicle with all these failures before the first 15k miles is ridiculous. I am so tired of being nickle and dimed by Audi (even more so when they are not honoring warranty repairs) and plan to dump my A4 and Q5. I do love the interior designs, but now feel it is simply lipstick on a pig. When I first got the Q5, I absolutely loved it and thought that I would be driving Audi's for the rest of my life. Now, I want to drive them off a cliff and never step foot in another Audi dealership."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q5 near Honolulu. See local deals