2011 Audi Q5

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Great SUV

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "So quiet, love sport mode, solid build"

Cons: "I want the flat bottom steering wheel"

"So I bought this new in 13 for Christmas, and I have been pleased ever since. I lived in FL at the time and it was a great SUV for everyday simple things. Shortly after I got transferred to TX. I packed up a lot of stuff in it, literally I couldn't fit anything else in it, from bottom to top, front to back. I was amazed at how much I got in. My road trip from the east coast of FL ended in central TX. I was comfortable, felt great, and still averaged 24mpg for the whole trip (70-80mph)even with it loaded up. Not once did I feel I didn't have the power to overtake people. I didn't want to subject the Q to my new daily commute (84mi round trip) so I got a beater and put it in the garage. I of course took it out every weekend. Fast forward a year and I'm transferring to Washington state. So I pick up the truck, this time not as full but still packed and hit the road. 2,100mi over all different kinds of terrain, weather, and time of day I had no issues. Somewhere in Idaho I got a metal sliver in the tire and the TPS warned me of low pressure in the correct tire. So I pulled over, plugged the tire, and put more air in it. Back on the road it was smooth sailing. After the long haul, up to 7,500ft in elevation multiple times, and changing weather I arrived in WA. No issues, no problems, nothing to make me second guess my purchase."

Excellent all weather performance.

By on Saturday, May 23, 2015

"Great: - Handling in bad weather: snow, rain - Diesel engine - good mileage - average about 26 miles/gal in mixed highway/city driving - Reliable - Owned year and a half now - Beautiful bang and olafson stereo sound Not so great: - It's an SUV, so it can't corner like my A4! - Rear hatch sometimes does not latch when it comes down - not a big deal - slight push fixes it - but a little annoying"

Initial Impressions--Simply Astounding

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Quiet, Sporty, Solid Handling Dynamics,"

Cons: "Still Looking for One"

Scuba Blue Audi Q5

"After 72 hours, I am even more impressed by this car than I was after an extended test drive. First off, it is exceptionally well built: everything fits, everything looks right, everything works well, controls are where they should be. Second, the car is exceptionally comfortable. Mine has the Sport Interior Package, which includes sport seats that are more supportive and are wonderful for my injured back; I sit "in" the seat, not "on" the seat, and after about six hours in the car at one time, I was not tired or aching. The ride is exceptional in terms of comfort and noise; this is a German vehicle, so the ride is firm but not punishing, but that puts the driver more "in touch" with the road and provides a better understanding of what is going on. The most noise we noticed at 70 mph was the tire noise from the interaction between the Goodyear Eagle LS2's and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. On a bad stretch of another freeway, the Q5 significantly toned down the impact of the disjointed sections of concrete. I had originally considered the 6-cylinder TDI version, but the projected payback period was way too long, the 2.0T provided good mileage while providing more than adequate power, and the 2.0T equipped model felt more "nimble." I noticed 33.5 mpg on the driver information system while cruising at 65 mph on level ground with the cruise control on. I had originally thought to give the Q5 2.0T a "nine" instead of a "ten" in the "Driving Dynamics" category, because in my search I found that the BMW X3 28i model handled a "little bit" better (maybe the BMW X3 should get a 10.5 on handling). However, when you take into consideration that this is not a sports sedan but an SUV, the handling is superb. In my view, the Q5 has about 90% of the handling of the BMW and about 125% of the comfort and style--I know others will disagree with that opinion, but those differences of opinion mean that both companies, as well as others, will have products to offer. Additionally, the styling is sound and the dealer experience was superb. No rating on reliability yet, but will report later. Bottom Line: The Q5 is superbly comfortable, eats up the freeway miles, gobbles up the secondary roads, transports you in real comfort, and has a build quality that sets a world standard. A definite winner."

Scuba Blue Audi Q5

The best car for was price paid

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Worsted every penny, comfort and material quality"

Cons: "Cons for future new models - stop reducing weight"

"Good, solid and safe car with high standard of materials, craftsmanship and equipment! True German assembling with family to family dynasty transferred "know how " secrets. Low price for brilliant car, very strong and safe."

vehicle has been excellent

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

"very dependable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q5 near Honolulu. See local deals