2011 Audi Q5

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Wouldn't trade it for anything!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Bought this car new in 2009 and have been in love every since. I love the fact that it depreciates sooo slowly! It makes me feel better about my choice. Waiting for a new look for the Q5 so I can upgrade. Love this car!"

Great car

By on Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I had a Q5 Premium plus with S-line package, had this vehicle for almost 2 weeks now & I will say that this is the best car I ever had. Day time running LED lights makes a cool stylish appearance. Ride is great & quite, car keeps on lane with very little steering effort. Interior fit & finish is excellent. MMI nav is not really user friendly, but once used will be ok, would love if have touch screen.. The display on meter shows the songs list & tel numbers without interfering nav screen is great. I would definitely recommend any one looking to buy a compact suv to drive this car."

Great value, fun to drive, incredible in snow!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, responsive, handling, great in snow."

Cons: "I really cannot think of any"

"Having owned my 2.0T Q5 for 15 months, I am extremely impressed with the Audi for it's great utility and the fact that it is fun to drive. I have owned many sport utility vehicles and the Q5 is by far the most fun to drive as well as having tremendous capability in snow. When the salesman first recommended driving the 4 cylinder 2.0T, I advised him that there was no way I would want a vehicle with such a small motor... (my other vehicle is a 997 Porsche Carerra S - 911). He said "trust me", so I took it for a test drive. I was SOLD -- based on it's responsiveness, relatively great handling, and good gas mileage! Then in February 2011, we got over 24 inches of snow, a record for the area. The Audi was flawless in even the thickest snow. I really can't wait for snowfall this year!"

it's an Audi

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, stable on highway, perfect interior"

Cons: "expensive"

"i'm an Audi guy and i totally love these cars. this car is fun to drive and it's really stable on the highway esp. the 3.2L V6. the only thing that bothers me is that issue with its FSI engine carbon build-up. I had that issue and it was done under warranty but i don't know when it happens again after the warranty expires what shall I do? I like that car and I hope that they fix that issue for good as I'm planning to keep that car. I have driven Mercedes GLK for about 3 weeks while my Q5 is being fixed for that carbon build-up and the only thing that GLK excels the Audi is the smoothiness of the ride and slightly roomy back seats other than that Audi is much better than the GLK."

Great car wish it was just slightly bigger

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quality build, fun to drive, with great MPG"

Cons: "Little on the small side, ride can be stiff/sporty"

"I have owned a 2011 q5 for almost a year now and love it. It is the 2.0 turbo and gets between 22 and 25 MPG pretty consistently. I have not had any problems with the car other than 2 minor ones, the sunshade for the panoramic roof needed adjusting because it closed then opened back up if you didnt hit the button twice, and I needed oil added before the required mileage oil change. This is the 3rd audi I have owned with the 2.0 though and all of them burned oil. All in all I love this car compared to the Lexus which is boring and plain in its current generation, and the tiny X3. This car's materials are made of complete quality components and the fit and finish are far above anything else in the class. I compared it to the RX and the q5 had led/xenon lights, panoramic roof, quality display with out requiring nav, rear based AWD, glove box ipod hookup, better MPG, and less cheap plastic inside just to name a few things. If the car was a touch bigger in the back seat/hatch area I would have graded it 5 out of 5 in every area. I know if you buy this kind of car you shouldn't complain about the price of gas, I just enjoy not having to stop all the time by getting 500 miles out of a tank of gas, then when I do stop I don't need to run the pump twice because the tab goes over ther pump $100 limit like my last sport ute."

Poor quality, beautiful interior

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "interior design"

Cons: "poor quality, very expensive maintenance, lousy service, rattles and squeaks"

"Before my Q5 reached 15k miles, my water pump failed, front brakes need to be replaced, wipers are toast (live in LA and vehicle is garaged), and my back seat constantly rattles. We were just about to head out of town and drive through the desert before the water pump failed on us. Because Audi failed to manage its supply chain and was not prepared to issue a normal recall on the water pumps, they waited for them to fail first and fix them as they came in. Had this failed 250 miles later, we would have been stranded in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night. Our trip was cancelled and Audi washed our car for our inconvenience. Gee...thanks! Next, I have taken the Q5 in twice now for that back seat rattle. However, Pacific Audi pretends they are unaware of such issue. Just do a search on "Q5 and back seat rattle" and you will see all the problems everyone is experiencing. Both times Pacific Audi has told me that they cannot hear the rattle but they have no problem begging me to give them perfect scores for their review. How about fixing the problem and earning your perfect score! Yet when I drive it off the lot, I immediately hear it. I have managed to get by with the constant and annoying noise by turning up my music over it. I guess I will now have to try the duct tape method others have come up with because they did not want to deal with Audi service. Sorry, but spending this kind of money on a vehicle with all these failures before the first 15k miles is ridiculous. I am so tired of being nickle and dimed by Audi (even more so when they are not honoring warranty repairs) and plan to dump my A4 and Q5. I do love the interior designs, but now feel it is simply lipstick on a pig. When I first got the Q5, I absolutely loved it and thought that I would be driving Audi's for the rest of my life. Now, I want to drive them off a cliff and never step foot in another Audi dealership."

An Overall Excellent Value

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Options can be expensive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've just about every iteration of SUV one can imagine dating back to an '88 Isuzu Trooper, Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML430 and a MB G500. Circumstances required me to give up my loved Porsche Cayman S. Initially , i was all set to go for a Range Rover Evoque or maybe a Ford Edge. The Cayenne was more than I wanted to spend and didn't get decent mpgs. Being a car nut I did lots of research and found the Audi Q5 to fit the bill for my needs... all-weather, dog, grand kids, luxury, handling, performance and with the 2.0L Turbo, decent mpgs. It hasn't let me down. I got the Premium Plus package with 19" wheels. In day-to-day driving, I regularly get 23 mpg. On one 2,000 mile road trip, we average 27.5 mpg @ 68 mph average. With Quattro all wheel drive, a/c going, this is outstanding to me. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. The only thing I may be missing is the adaptive suspension, but this isn't a sports car. The quality is second to none and its proven very comfortable. My golf clubs and cart fit in the back with all seats up. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone who's in the market."

Recommend to everyone!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Pros= handling is unbelievable, comfort is great,very roomy, get tons of compliments on looks, panoramic sunroof is amazing, LED daytime running lights are a great audi suignature trait. Cons= The MPS jack is in the most inconvient position in the glove box on the passenger side so it is very hard to take in and out from the driver side. MMI system can be difficult to use at first. It is pretty much like learning a new computer system."

I love this car!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "handling, 8-speed transmission, beautiful cabin"

Cons: "maybe a little pricey, but it's an Audi!"

"This is my 7th Audi. All my previous ones were Avants, but I started feeling that I was sitting too close to the floor, as I have long legs. This car is just perfect for me and for taller people, and it drives like a dream. I couldn't be any happier. And for the record, I test-drove the BMW X3, and while it drove nicely, it couldn't compare to driving the Q5."

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

"I have owned this car just over 2 months now. I purchased a base model, with only the lighting package and convenience package as upgrades. I was able to keep the price under 40K, so that was good since I'm not a big fan for some of the pricey extras. The handling of the vehicle is great, and the ride is very smooth. It's my first Audi, and I am impressed with it. Checked out BMW, Lexus, Infinity, and Acura, and they just couldn't offer the same vehicle for the price. The interior room is very comfortable, and the rear seats have plenty of space as well. If you've got the bucks to go for the gusto, the supercharged V6 is a nice upgrade, along with sportier wheels and suspension, but the 2.0T has plenty of power for me. I'm very happy with the vehicle and would definitely recommend it to others."

Power, efficiency and elagance

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, fit/finish, sport seats, internet maps"

Cons: "Cargo mats not worth the price"

"Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Scuba Blue/Chestnut interior with ash inlays. Had to order it and it took 82 days (felt like an eternity!). Fit and finish is flawless. About the same level of plastic compared to the MBZ’s, though just a little more apparent than the MBZ’s. We ordered the sport package to get the seats. It is well worth. Both my wife and I feel the seats are more supportive than either of the MBZs we have and well worth the extra cost. That was confirmed with a recent trip of about 250 miles. Steering wheel feels/looks smaller than the MBZ. We also ordered the cargo mats. They were disappointing as they not very substantial (particularly the cargo liner). I’d go with Weather Tech rather than these. Car comes with a subscription to an internet connection (via sim card installed in the SUV). There was a deal to get 36 months for $450 which I highly recommend. Only downside is that it is 3G but so far I don’t see any issue with the connection speed. This provides you with full Google maps and internet searches. So far the searches have been very successful and the Google maps down to street level are very good very much like the desktop version. Once something is found, you can have the Nav system take you to it. The voice commands are structured but with no voice training the recognition has been excellent. There is a definite pause while the computer asks for information but again it is not an issue. The salesman demonstrated the hotspot function and we were able to get both smartphones connected. Also it was easy to pair our Android phones to the Q5’s Bluetooth system. Navigation system is very functional and it has a number of options to configure the view from standard to using Google imagery. It appears to be up to date probably because of the Google connection. Screen could be a bit larger, but it is not a deal breaker. The MMI system has a lot of options, but it makes sense as you use it. It is no worse for finding functions/settings than my MBZ system. Let’s face, these things have so many bells and whistles, it will take time to master them all in any car. If you have not followed the development of modern diesel powered cars, you need too. There is no comparison between either of the MBZ diesels (‘80’s) we owned. Power at all speeds is there to access. The engine response is very good, but like the articles there is a very slight lag. It has no affect on any real world merge or passing situation I’ve encountered so far. The power does not come at a efficiency price (well the TDI does have a higher base price). The first 350 miles have been about 100 miles in town and 250 miles on an Interstate Highway road trip (70 mph). The in town mileage was around 24 mpg and overall for the 350 miles it was 31.4 mpg. I suspect the pure highway was around 34 mpg. The engine shuts down when you stop most of time. The start-up is very fast so there is no issue about keeping people waiting behind you. This function can be shut off it you don’t care to use it. If you need fuel, just ask the car for the nearest station via the internet connection (or use Gas Buddy on your Smartphone). This is our first SUV and we really enjoy driving it. The ride is firm but not harsh. Compared to our E350 Sport model (low profile tires), it sure handles Midwest potholes much better. When I tested drove a Q5 TDI in the snow (an unplowed parking lot with 6-8 inches of snow), the ESC kept the Q5 moving in a straight line under full throttle from a dead stop with no snow tires. This version of the Q5 is in the sweet spot of performance and efficiency, albeit at a premium price. This is not the car to haggle over on when your investment will be returned. Get a Chevy Cruz or VW TDI for that discussion. If you are looking at the best Q5 configuration, then the TDI certainly has to be considered the best choice."

Unbelievable suv. Will be Audi for life!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "large, comfortable interior A blast to drive"

Cons: "a little bit of a blind spot"

"I have had my Q5 for two months. It is THE most comfortable car that I have ever been in. I am 6ft. 4, and I have plenty of room. In the 2 months that I have owned my car, I have gotten around 22 mpg in mostly city driving. I got the premium plus package, and it is worth every penny. All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd do it in a second!"

Comfortable, quiet, pretty and its an suv

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, drives great."

Cons: "3 letters - MME"

"I was very reluctant to buy an Audi knowing all Audi's past reputation. Anyone remember the 5000? But my wife loved the car, and it would be hers. So what could I say. I have to say after 80,000 miles the car still performs like the day she picked it up. The first thing you'll notice when driving it is that it's quiet. No engine, no road, absolutely no noise. And its got power. Don't worry about pushing it. It will go. Plus with the dark blue exterior matched by the cinnamon interior it looks posh. Downside? Audi MME. It can drive you nuts to figure it out, but after a year we mastered it. Yeah it took a year. Audi care for its customers? When the water pump gave out in 25k miles of course it was fixed under warranty, but Audi apologized for the fault and extended the drivetrain warranty to 100k miles. Gratis. Good customer service. Now our Audi dealer wants to buy the car back at 110% over BB, but my wife doesn't want to part with it. Nice car? Yeah good choice."

Audi Got It With Their Q5!

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"This CUV is the best. It's as good a driving SUV type vehicle as you'll find... and it flies even as heavy as it is! I purchased a Meteor Gray w/Premium Plus Pkg and added 19" wheels and the B&O Stereo... it's a pretty basic package but it has everything I'd ever want! In addition to a great handling vehicle the looks are noticable... I know this because I see all the other drivers watching as I go by. The LED daytime running lights are a great idea and really attention getting. Inside you couldn't ask for more. Stylish comfort and functionality. Yes... I do agree with other owners that it would be nice to shut off the MMI screen but if that's the worst problem with the car... it's really not that bad! I'm having a ball and I'd highly recommend that anyone in the market for a CUV should test drive this baby... you'll love it!"

I love my new Q5 TDI

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Great Torque, Quiet clean diesel"

Cons: "mediocre HP but that didn't stop me."

"My Q5 TDI is my second Audi I've owned. I previously owned an Audi S4. I love the power and handling of my S4, but didn't like the mpg on it. At first I thought of the SQ5 but the American version is the gas version. I really wished they brought the European diesel SQ5 version instead over here, then I would definitely gotten the SQ5. I settled with the Q5 TDI because of the insanely great MPG and torque I can get from it. I test drove all of the Q5 variants and they were ok on driving characteristics. Until I test drove the TDI version, and I was surprised to how 428 ft pounds of torque felt like. It almost felt like my S4, but no V8 rumble. But that didn't matter, because I was aiming for great MPG and better resale value. I actually had my Q5 customized before it was built. I got everything I wanted in it that made sense for me to get, i.e. S-Line pkg, Sport Interior pkg, Audi Mmi pkg, etc etc. all the way down to the color. When I waited a couple months for it to be delivered, I was so excited to see it in person. The quality both in and out was what to be expected from an Audi. So what if the bumpers have tail lights, I don't parallel park my Q5 nor park it near where there's a lot of cars anyways. I love how quiet this diesel car makes. It sounds as quiet as a regular gas car. As for the gas mileage, i'm getting way over 40 MPG on my new Q5 TDI. And as for combined MPG, I get it around 30-40 MPG. Not bad for an All wheel drive SUV when compared to other AWD SUV. My only wish is that Audi designed a Q5 TDI hybrid with AWD, now that would be something to look forward to. I do miss my V8 rumble sound from my previous S4 but moving to the Q5 TDI was much better for me. And Audi is always coming up with great technology."

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"I've had my Q5 since May of 2009, so just over 2 years now. It has about 36,500 miles on it and I have not had a single problem with it. The interior is beautiful and the panorama sunroof is nice too. I have the Prestige Model with the S-Line package and all the whistles and bells except for the Drive Assist and Drive Select options. I love the performance and I like the ride. Yes, this car is more expensive that some of it's counterparts, but I think the quality of the car is worth it. The only reason that I gave it a 4 on value is that the service at the dealer is rather expensive. The Audi labor rate for service is about twice that of other dealers. (I'm comparing that to the Chevy, Jeep and Honda cars we've had previously.) The only complaint I have on the driving is the automatic transmission is a little weird in first gear when you are starting up and making a turn (like at a red light making left hand turn). It stays in 1st gear much longer than normal and revs really high before shifting. It makes me sound like I'm driving a stick and have no idea what I'm going. I will typically put it in manual and shift myself. Also, the transmission does a similar thing when driving a steep downhill. That's why it get's a 4 in driving dynamics. Otherwise the car is solid. I've had it up to 125 MPH and I felt like I was going 80. Great car."

Love this SUV

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I've had my 2011 Q5 2.0t for about 6 weeks now and I love it. Traded in a 2008 RX350 and am so happy to be rid of it. No comparison. This car rides and handles like a dream and can turn on a dime. I've also noticed a difference in icy conditions since it's AWD. The 2.0 does shift frequently, but it's very smooth. I also drove the 3.2 and I don't think the difference in feel is worth the difference in price and gas mileage. The 2.0 is plenty peppy and can really move when you want it to. The interior is also very comfortable. My one complaint is that I wish it had more interior storage places. The gas mileage is decent, too -- except it does require premium fuel. I'm looking forward to many years of enjoyment from my Q5."

Deceiving MPG

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

"Advertised 20-40 mpg. I get 22-23 mpg with the hybrid engine. Not happy. Had to wait for this model to come out to get good gas mileage and not getting it. Paid over $10,000 for this engine."

Love this car

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Panoramic sunroof!!"

Cons: "The center counsel is a bit on the small side."

"I have never owned an Audi before and I am a believer. The smoothness of acceleration and the way it corners makes me feel so in control. The panoramic sunroof is a must from now on. I feel like I am outside without all the wind. I love the design of the cruise control. Its a one button push and you can accelerate and decelerate as needed without touching the pedals. I feel very safe, quick, like I can fit into any parking spot, but still have room for packages and 5 passengers. This car is just good looking."

Design Flaw

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I have a 2010 Q5 with a water leakage problem that is caused by a design flaw. After checking it out by dealer service that stated that the leak was there. Audi denied the problem by stating that the system was operating as designed and they will do nothing. I am a very unhappy customer. All things can be fixed if you try, but not Audi. They are ignoring the problem and will not stand behind all the hype of being one of the finest cars in the world. Ironically, I have a 2004 BMW Z4 that had a problem and BMW, even though it was out of warranty, stood behind the vehicle and fixed the problem. I think my next car will be a Bimmer again."

Love my New Audi Q5

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful, Great Ride"

Cons: "A Bit Expensive, No backup Camera without Nav Package"

"I traded in my 2007 A4 for a 2011 Q5 Premium Plus with the 19" wheels. By far my favorite car ever. Drives very smooth, great power, very sharp looking car. The Panoramic Roof and Power Rear door are great, I would recommend the Premium Plus Package. The car was a bit pricey for the small SUV category (I also looked at Acura RDX and Mercedes GLK), but it was by far the nicest inside and out. It takes about $65 to fill the tank with premium gas (With Premium at ~$4/gallon."

Handles like a car, goes anywhere...

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"The Q5 is one of the most functional cars I've ever seen. Not only will it take you just about anywhere the roads will lead you, it can do it in almost any conditions. I've been in 15" of new snow on roads that would be otherwise impassible, and just cruised through without so much as a slip of the tire. The styling of a crossover is second to none with great exterior appearance, and refined internal detailing. While it isn't the cheapest crossover, I would be hard pressed to find one that is going to perform like the Q5 because of Audi's Quattro system. They have set the standard for performance on and off pavement."

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover!!!!!!!!

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"I have owned several luxury cars like mercedes c class, audi q7, and the audi q5. I will be honest to point out that yes luxury cars really are luxurious and have conveniences that we all love to have. in owning luxury cars, i found that german brands (audi, mercedes, bmw) all tend to last less than the japanese brands whether mainstream or not. My personal opinion to anyone looking to buy a premium brand-buy japanese if you want a long lasting reliable luxury car that won't give you electrical malfunctions etc. However there are some exceptions some are not as reliable. Check out U.S. ranking page for cars on google. You will get an idea how much a car has been reliable in the past years from customers input. Now if you pamper yourself like me than you will buy the german brands that says class and status on its own. But they will cost you way more to buy and maintain. If I tell you the ridiculous things I have heard when I went to fix problems at the dealership you would wish you never bought the car. My final opinion, buy japanese brand if you want the best bang for your buck, but if you like ultimate luxury and sacrifice money for it, then go ahead with the german brand. My audi q7 and audi q5 never left me stranded but the sensors on the car keep popping up even though nothing is wrong. TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAY, "WE CAN'T REPLICATE THE PROBLEM WORKING ACCORDING TO AUDI STANDARDS." When you pay over $60k for a luxury car, you don't expect that behavior. Several times after my 10k service the brakes would make a squeaking sound that never stopped and made other people turn around to see who is driving that thing. TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND AGAIN WORKING ACCORDING TO AUDI STANDARDS And they lubricated the brakes. It helped a couple of miles but then started again. I got so ticked off that I took it to the dealership again and told them please send your service technician with me so I can replicate the problem. Within a mile I showed him the problem and then he's like yeah I can hear it. NOW THEY START SAYING WE CAN LUBRICATE IT BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS. I DONT WANT TO THROW ANYONE OFF FROM BUYING GERMAN CUZ I KNOW I STILL AM. BUY IT BUT BE PREPARED TO COUGH UP A LOT OF MONEY FOR MAINTENANCE. LOVE THE GERMAN BRANDS BUT HATE THE COSTS!"

Best Car I ever owned

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, reliable, classy looking"

Cons: "I have not found any yet"

"I am rarely ever completely happy with any vehicle I have ever owned but my Q5 so far , has delighted me. The performance is superb, and I have the 2T engine, and since I do not tow anything I do not feel the need for a bigger engine. It is quick and sure in traffic and a smooth delight on the highway . I routinely get 26-28 MPG on the highway and one time it hit 31 MPG when I kept the speed to < 60 MPH. The seating is comfortable and long car trips are not tiring in any way. I have owned Lexuses, which I also loved , but this vehicle is more fun.I have had zero problems after 24000 miles . My son, a BMW and Acura owner, bought a 2013 Q5 after driving mine and he is a confirmed Audi fan now. Keep it up Audi and we are yours for life."

Fabulous SUV

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Traded in our Acura for a Q5 and just love it. Sporty ride with luxury throughout. The quality of the car..inside and out...is awesome. It's so much fun to drive. The small turbocharged engine has quite a kick in it and I never feel under-powered. I love the navigation system and the interior electronics are sharp, intuitive and very attractive. The car was intended for my wife but I'm trying to get her to take my Lexus RX 350 so I can drive the Q5 full time. It's a great vehicle."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q5 near Honolulu. See local deals