2009 Audi Q5

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Unbelievable suv. Will be Audi for life!

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "large, comfortable interior A blast to drive"

Cons: "a little bit of a blind spot"

"I have had my Q5 for two months. It is THE most comfortable car that I have ever been in. I am 6ft. 4, and I have plenty of room. In the 2 months that I have owned my car, I have gotten around 22 mpg in mostly city driving. I got the premium plus package, and it is worth every penny. All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd do it in a second!"

Power, efficiency and elagance

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, fit/finish, sport seats, internet maps"

Cons: "Cargo mats not worth the price"

"Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus, Scuba Blue/Chestnut interior with ash inlays. Had to order it and it took 82 days (felt like an eternity!). Fit and finish is flawless. About the same level of plastic compared to the MBZ’s, though just a little more apparent than the MBZ’s. We ordered the sport package to get the seats. It is well worth. Both my wife and I feel the seats are more supportive than either of the MBZs we have and well worth the extra cost. That was confirmed with a recent trip of about 250 miles. Steering wheel feels/looks smaller than the MBZ. We also ordered the cargo mats. They were disappointing as they not very substantial (particularly the cargo liner). I’d go with Weather Tech rather than these. Car comes with a subscription to an internet connection (via sim card installed in the SUV). There was a deal to get 36 months for $450 which I highly recommend. Only downside is that it is 3G but so far I don’t see any issue with the connection speed. This provides you with full Google maps and internet searches. So far the searches have been very successful and the Google maps down to street level are very good very much like the desktop version. Once something is found, you can have the Nav system take you to it. The voice commands are structured but with no voice training the recognition has been excellent. There is a definite pause while the computer asks for information but again it is not an issue. The salesman demonstrated the hotspot function and we were able to get both smartphones connected. Also it was easy to pair our Android phones to the Q5’s Bluetooth system. Navigation system is very functional and it has a number of options to configure the view from standard to using Google imagery. It appears to be up to date probably because of the Google connection. Screen could be a bit larger, but it is not a deal breaker. The MMI system has a lot of options, but it makes sense as you use it. It is no worse for finding functions/settings than my MBZ system. Let’s face, these things have so many bells and whistles, it will take time to master them all in any car. If you have not followed the development of modern diesel powered cars, you need too. There is no comparison between either of the MBZ diesels (‘80’s) we owned. Power at all speeds is there to access. The engine response is very good, but like the articles there is a very slight lag. It has no affect on any real world merge or passing situation I’ve encountered so far. The power does not come at a efficiency price (well the TDI does have a higher base price). The first 350 miles have been about 100 miles in town and 250 miles on an Interstate Highway road trip (70 mph). The in town mileage was around 24 mpg and overall for the 350 miles it was 31.4 mpg. I suspect the pure highway was around 34 mpg. The engine shuts down when you stop most of time. The start-up is very fast so there is no issue about keeping people waiting behind you. This function can be shut off it you don’t care to use it. If you need fuel, just ask the car for the nearest station via the internet connection (or use Gas Buddy on your Smartphone). This is our first SUV and we really enjoy driving it. The ride is firm but not harsh. Compared to our E350 Sport model (low profile tires), it sure handles Midwest potholes much better. When I tested drove a Q5 TDI in the snow (an unplowed parking lot with 6-8 inches of snow), the ESC kept the Q5 moving in a straight line under full throttle from a dead stop with no snow tires. This version of the Q5 is in the sweet spot of performance and efficiency, albeit at a premium price. This is not the car to haggle over on when your investment will be returned. Get a Chevy Cruz or VW TDI for that discussion. If you are looking at the best Q5 configuration, then the TDI certainly has to be considered the best choice."

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

"I have owned this car just over 2 months now. I purchased a base model, with only the lighting package and convenience package as upgrades. I was able to keep the price under 40K, so that was good since I'm not a big fan for some of the pricey extras. The handling of the vehicle is great, and the ride is very smooth. It's my first Audi, and I am impressed with it. Checked out BMW, Lexus, Infinity, and Acura, and they just couldn't offer the same vehicle for the price. The interior room is very comfortable, and the rear seats have plenty of space as well. If you've got the bucks to go for the gusto, the supercharged V6 is a nice upgrade, along with sportier wheels and suspension, but the 2.0T has plenty of power for me. I'm very happy with the vehicle and would definitely recommend it to others."

An Overall Excellent Value

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Options can be expensive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've just about every iteration of SUV one can imagine dating back to an '88 Isuzu Trooper, Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML430 and a MB G500. Circumstances required me to give up my loved Porsche Cayman S. Initially , i was all set to go for a Range Rover Evoque or maybe a Ford Edge. The Cayenne was more than I wanted to spend and didn't get decent mpgs. Being a car nut I did lots of research and found the Audi Q5 to fit the bill for my needs... all-weather, dog, grand kids, luxury, handling, performance and with the 2.0L Turbo, decent mpgs. It hasn't let me down. I got the Premium Plus package with 19" wheels. In day-to-day driving, I regularly get 23 mpg. On one 2,000 mile road trip, we average 27.5 mpg @ 68 mph average. With Quattro all wheel drive, a/c going, this is outstanding to me. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. The only thing I may be missing is the adaptive suspension, but this isn't a sports car. The quality is second to none and its proven very comfortable. My golf clubs and cart fit in the back with all seats up. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone who's in the market."

Recommend to everyone!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Pros= handling is unbelievable, comfort is great,very roomy, get tons of compliments on looks, panoramic sunroof is amazing, LED daytime running lights are a great audi suignature trait. Cons= The MPS jack is in the most inconvient position in the glove box on the passenger side so it is very hard to take in and out from the driver side. MMI system can be difficult to use at first. It is pretty much like learning a new computer system."

Great car wish it was just slightly bigger

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quality build, fun to drive, with great MPG"

Cons: "Little on the small side, ride can be stiff/sporty"

"I have owned a 2011 q5 for almost a year now and love it. It is the 2.0 turbo and gets between 22 and 25 MPG pretty consistently. I have not had any problems with the car other than 2 minor ones, the sunshade for the panoramic roof needed adjusting because it closed then opened back up if you didnt hit the button twice, and I needed oil added before the required mileage oil change. This is the 3rd audi I have owned with the 2.0 though and all of them burned oil. All in all I love this car compared to the Lexus which is boring and plain in its current generation, and the tiny X3. This car's materials are made of complete quality components and the fit and finish are far above anything else in the class. I compared it to the RX and the q5 had led/xenon lights, panoramic roof, quality display with out requiring nav, rear based AWD, glove box ipod hookup, better MPG, and less cheap plastic inside just to name a few things. If the car was a touch bigger in the back seat/hatch area I would have graded it 5 out of 5 in every area. I know if you buy this kind of car you shouldn't complain about the price of gas, I just enjoy not having to stop all the time by getting 500 miles out of a tank of gas, then when I do stop I don't need to run the pump twice because the tab goes over ther pump $100 limit like my last sport ute."

Comfortable, quiet, pretty and its an suv

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, drives great."

Cons: "3 letters - MME"

"I was very reluctant to buy an Audi knowing all Audi's past reputation. Anyone remember the 5000? But my wife loved the car, and it would be hers. So what could I say. I have to say after 80,000 miles the car still performs like the day she picked it up. The first thing you'll notice when driving it is that it's quiet. No engine, no road, absolutely no noise. And its got power. Don't worry about pushing it. It will go. Plus with the dark blue exterior matched by the cinnamon interior it looks posh. Downside? Audi MME. It can drive you nuts to figure it out, but after a year we mastered it. Yeah it took a year. Audi care for its customers? When the water pump gave out in 25k miles of course it was fixed under warranty, but Audi apologized for the fault and extended the drivetrain warranty to 100k miles. Gratis. Good customer service. Now our Audi dealer wants to buy the car back at 110% over BB, but my wife doesn't want to part with it. Nice car? Yeah good choice."

Audi Got It With Their Q5!

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"This CUV is the best. It's as good a driving SUV type vehicle as you'll find... and it flies even as heavy as it is! I purchased a Meteor Gray w/Premium Plus Pkg and added 19" wheels and the B&O Stereo... it's a pretty basic package but it has everything I'd ever want! In addition to a great handling vehicle the looks are noticable... I know this because I see all the other drivers watching as I go by. The LED daytime running lights are a great idea and really attention getting. Inside you couldn't ask for more. Stylish comfort and functionality. Yes... I do agree with other owners that it would be nice to shut off the MMI screen but if that's the worst problem with the car... it's really not that bad! I'm having a ball and I'd highly recommend that anyone in the market for a CUV should test drive this baby... you'll love it!"

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

"I've had my Q5 since May of 2009, so just over 2 years now. It has about 36,500 miles on it and I have not had a single problem with it. The interior is beautiful and the panorama sunroof is nice too. I have the Prestige Model with the S-Line package and all the whistles and bells except for the Drive Assist and Drive Select options. I love the performance and I like the ride. Yes, this car is more expensive that some of it's counterparts, but I think the quality of the car is worth it. The only reason that I gave it a 4 on value is that the service at the dealer is rather expensive. The Audi labor rate for service is about twice that of other dealers. (I'm comparing that to the Chevy, Jeep and Honda cars we've had previously.) The only complaint I have on the driving is the automatic transmission is a little weird in first gear when you are starting up and making a turn (like at a red light making left hand turn). It stays in 1st gear much longer than normal and revs really high before shifting. It makes me sound like I'm driving a stick and have no idea what I'm going. I will typically put it in manual and shift myself. Also, the transmission does a similar thing when driving a steep downhill. That's why it get's a 4 in driving dynamics. Otherwise the car is solid. I've had it up to 125 MPH and I felt like I was going 80. Great car."

Great value, fun to drive, incredible in snow!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, responsive, handling, great in snow."

Cons: "I really cannot think of any"

"Having owned my 2.0T Q5 for 15 months, I am extremely impressed with the Audi for it's great utility and the fact that it is fun to drive. I have owned many sport utility vehicles and the Q5 is by far the most fun to drive as well as having tremendous capability in snow. When the salesman first recommended driving the 4 cylinder 2.0T, I advised him that there was no way I would want a vehicle with such a small motor... (my other vehicle is a 997 Porsche Carerra S - 911). He said "trust me", so I took it for a test drive. I was SOLD -- based on it's responsiveness, relatively great handling, and good gas mileage! Then in February 2011, we got over 24 inches of snow, a record for the area. The Audi was flawless in even the thickest snow. I really can't wait for snowfall this year!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Q5 near Honolulu. See local deals