1997 Audi Cabriolet

Based on 30 Ratings for the 1994 - 1998 models.

Most reliable car I have had...

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage for a V6 - extremely reliable!!!!"

Cons: "Cosmetics go after 150,000+ but which ones dont?"

"We bought this car with 155,000 miles on it. It has 186,000+ and runs like a singer-sewing machine. The engine has been pristine. We did put a new transmission in it at 174,000 miles, but it is like PLUG AND PLAY. The cosmetics on it are worn, but this car ticks like a clock....very reliable. I cannot say enough about Audi and the quality. We take very good care of our cars, and expect another 100,000 miles out of this one! EASY. Parts are a little difficult to find, but a person will notice those incidents are few and far between. You love your Audi, it WILL LOVE YOU BACK!"

why build the best car ever that doesn't run

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "drives beautifully, still looks great - a classic"

Cons: "overheats."

"I bought this car new Since it turned 4 years old it had overheating problems. this is an awesome car but proved to be very unreliable."

I love my 1996 Audi

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Drives great smooth ride and looks great"

Cons: "Parts can be expensive."

"I purchased this 1996 Audi because I had always wanted a convertible with a back seat. I purchased it cheap and having to put some money in it to get it back to great shape. This one had been neglected but I rescued it and will get it back to awesome. Yes some of the parts are expensive but the quality is outstanding. I feel if this car had been taken care of then it would not have had some of the issues. That is ok because I will bring it back to awesome. Just had to replace 2 window regulators and ignision switch that someone rewired to avoid fixing a problem. Just caused other issues. I really love the body style and the way she handles. I have found that just pay the price to get it fixed correctly not just rigging it works best. Used parts work great and do as much work on it yourself will save a lot of money. Just saying Audi the jack the price up. Find someone you trust and make sure they know how to work on an Audi, it will save you money in the future."

Best car I ever owned

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "A dream to drive and own"

Cons: "need to watch oil level between oil changes."

"I bought this car almost 12 years ago. I have had to change the water pump, brakes, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, and tires over that time, but the car was well worth it. It has always started in the coldest of winter days and would take me anywhere I wanted to go without a second thought. It had just over 41,000 miles on it and now has just over 103,000 and still looks and drives great. I would run out and get another just like it, but why spend money when I have what I truly love? Thank you Audi for building a car that will last for another 20+ years!"

Chick magnet

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Great value, economical, powerful, sporty."

"Had this car a few years. It has been a pleasure to drive and has never left me stranded. Has required very little maintenance other than changing the oil and putting in gas. Has timeless looks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi Cabriolet near Honolulu. See local deals