• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2007 Audi A8

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Fantastic fit and finish, GREAT ride quality

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"I bought a used 2007 A8L with only 30K miles, (like new, not one scratch or blem anywhere). I am a former A6 Q owner but went for an A8 on the recommendation of two friends who are devoted A8 fanatics. They told me to get the L, even though I preferred the shorter version for parking reasons. They also told me to try and get 2007 or later, get the V8, not the V10 or V12 engine. I am tall and my passengers would not have much leg room in the short wheelbase model so I started a search for an L. Finally found one local, private party, and bought it. Mine is loaded. The features I really like are adaptive cruise control which works really well and double pane glass which makes a quiet car interior nearly silent. Gas mileage is surprisingly good. I get just over 26 MPG on flat highway, if I do not speed. Michelins with low rolling resistance and Mobil 1 0-40 wt synth oil all help. The seats are very comfortable and have a huge variety of power operated position and comfort adjustments. The seat massage is surprisingly good, not just vibration but a back kneading lumbar roller. Having air venting through the seat (an option) makes a long trip really comfortable, no sticking to your seat or sweating. Handling on corners is GREAT, that adaptive air suspension really cuts body roll, the QUATTRO 4WD is very grippy in turns and the combo lets you leave sportier 2WD BMWs in the dust on tight on-ramp curves. The A8 is loaded with systems and with complexity, reliablility inevitably suffers. I have the Audi aftermarket Platinum warranty so these repairs will not cost a fortune, but in only 300 miles I've had the tire pressure monitoring system fail (wont read any tires) and the trunk opener now needs a hand push to open. Buying a used A8 in great shape with an extendable warranty is great value. These cars lose value SOOOO fast after someone plunks down nearly $100K. In a couple of years they are down in the 30s. This is the best highway car I have even been in. With adaptive cruise all you do is steer and watch the road. Driver fatigue is very low. You arrive refreshed after a 300 mile trip. I'd have loved to have found a car with adaptive cruise, double pane glass and that had the B"

Great fit and finish, love the quality

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "fit and finish, great cabin"

Cons: "too many little things go wrong"

"A great ride; cant tell you how many people have commented on this cars style and finish"

An elegant premium car with good performance

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

"The A8L is a vehicle that couples elegant interior design with an understated, but classy exterior. It's performance is quite good, especially given its size, with outstanding handling that keeps the driver glued to the road and confident at pushing the vehicle hard through twisting roads. The interior is a pleasure to look at with many fine materials and quality fit and finish. It insulates the driver from exterior noises yet it's responsive steering reminds the driver he is connected with the road. My only disappointment with this finely engineered automobile is that the reliability over time does not match what one would expect of a car costing this much. I've encountered expensive repairs for clicking noises from the sunroof, a failed power trunk motor as well as a failed intake flap motor for the emissions control system."

Best road car ever

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "size"

"Very fast large and comfortable road car, a little lg in the city, parking etc. but a screamer on the road. My 5th A8, 11th Audi, there is no substitute for the Quattro system. Ordered new A7 and will continue to drive our '06 A8L"

No better car in the world for me than my A8L

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Lavish, timelessly modern interior, mtn ready"

Cons: "Nav system 7/10, A/C difficult to master"

"Age 12: developed the hots for my friend's mom's Audi 5000 Age 16: old Mercury station wagon, long as an aircraft carrier, and steered like one. Age 18: white Volvo 240 wagon, a car worth caring about, but no tears shed when I drove her into a lake. Age 21: '87 Subaru GL Turbo wagon, young man's bliss ride, a do anything, go anywhere kick in the pants. Age 22: sat in my buddy's Audi 80, fell in love with Audi interiors Age 26: wife child IPO $$ = '95 A6 sedan, silver/black Age 30: 2 kids = '99 A6 wagon, developing Audi dependency Age 39: 3 kids career success = '08 A8L, leased at first, then bought"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A8 near Honolulu. See local deals