• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2002 Audi A8

Based on 71 Ratings for the 1997 - 2003 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

I love my aluminum Audi A8

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"the first significant mass produced aluminum car, ahead of it's time and still runs great."

Nicest car I have ever driven, and I've owned alot

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Best used car value out there."

Cons: "Expensive to repair at the dealer."

"I am the second owner of this 03 A8L. Car is rock solid after 155,000 miles. Quality and ride are second to none. These cars are overbuilt and are almost too nice. Seats are super comfortable, controls laid out well. Goes through deep snow effortlessly. Love heated steering wheel. Mafia sized trunk. 26 mpg on Highway. Goes from 70 to 90 mph like nothing. Vault quiet at 80 mph. I love this car and will drive it into the ground."

Excellent Car if you want luxury and Ok with milag

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Milage"

"Enjoyed it"

2nd time around

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING!"

"I recently re-purchased the same exact vehicle that I had sold 3 years ago from an individual in my state. It came back too me with only 20,000 miles more than I had sold it with. I received the vehicle back for ONLY $750.00! It was in need of some serious TLC. I am extremely honored to have my former vehicle returned to me, seeing as I really felt it was the best vehicle I have EVER owned. I have a 97 A6 that I sold and it also came back too me. I will never sell either of my cars again!!!!!! This A8 is tremendous and is worthy of keeping forever! Buy one at a low cost and invest the money!"

Unique All-Aluminum Animal

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, HighwayMPG, Near Corosion-Proof, AUDI AWD"

Cons: "City MPG, Depreciation for Initial Owner."

"I had bought this as a high mileage car (203k) with a slipping transmission that many would have suggested a complete, and expensive, rebuild. A new transmission filter and OEM fluid cured it and it now has over 242k on it. Biggest advice for ANY european car owner, regardless of what the dealer tells you, is to have the fluid and filter changed at regular intervals! Service departments have a profit incentive for your car to need repairs; do not neglect this service! A recent 3k mile road trip with four adults, a full trunk, and 75 MPH (plus) speed limits returned about 26 MPG. Long distances, with the cruise at 65 MPH can achieve 30-31 MPG; however, the 300 HP becomes apparent at the pump when driving in the city and when using the HP. Expect 16-18ish in town. To sum up this car, it will deliver if you need a spacious and luxurious car that can provide respectable fuel economy, provided you avoid stop-and-go driving or rapid acceleration. It would be best owned by someone that is either able to service it themselves or else able to pay a honest independent shop, that understands these vehicles, to do it for him or her. I am in the former category and have found that it is not as difficult to work on as the dealerships and shops may suggest. Parts of similar quality can be sourced online and at at local parts stores for a fraction of dealer pricing. In my experience, there is not another car out there, in the large luxury class, that has combined an awesome AWD system with such an ingenious aluminum platform."

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Quality, comfort"

Cons: "Repairs are expensive"

"Transmission needed to be replaced but it is driving beautifully after 135000 miles. I'm still proud of it. A classic."

High quality and advanced tech before most others

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "Quality, advanced tech, quattro 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Handling, cost of repairs,"

"The ergonomics for this car are excellent. The car is smartly designed with purpose and a handsome exterior. For 2001, they included many things that are now only being added to others now (2012). Luxurious materials abound...the floor mats are 3 layers deep...the quality is shown throughout. Unfortunately after 100k miles, a few fender benders, attempted theft, the car is showing some age. The reason I purchased the car is that is ideal family car. The "L" edition provides amazing rear seat leg room, ample space for large adults and then some. Moreover, at the time, it was one of the safest cars, 7 airbags, multiple crumple zones, and an innovative tubular front crash zone. Not to mention the frame is alluminm, making it lighter and quieter. The handling is ok, not great, but it is elected for such a large car. Hp is good too. All in all it has served me well."

world standard

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "everything good"

Cons: "not the least expensive to maintain"

"overall better then S class Mercedes, this car will impress with its lack of compromise"

Very comfortable. Excellent in snow. Very good MPG

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive in any weather. Very comfortable."

Cons: "Resale value poor. High maintenance"

"Servicing is troublesome other than dealer. Repairs are expesive. Audi support is fair. Driving and comfort is superior. Fit and finish is excellent."

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Save your pennies

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I have a 99 A8 that is wonderful to look at and drive, however, bring your wallet. This car is expensive to repair, I just replaced the fuel pump for a cool $800 JUST THE PART. I also had a multifunctioning switch replaced -$500 JUST FOR THE PART! This is an automobile, folks not for the faint of heart. I love driving my vehicle and I get compliments constantly. Pick your poison...please remember this is not a HONDA..."

1997 A8 Q

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"has 195K miles, still runs strong. Best advice for this one - change transmission fluid as often as you can afford and there will be no transmission probles. Doesn't hold value when new, but when old - best value/quality ratio. Will buy another one."

Love it

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"11 years old, and still going strong. I've heard of others having transmission issues, but its been fine for me."

Solid vehicle with class

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"2000 A8 Owner w/198K miles: I love this car for its ride quality ,solid feel and looks. I think Audi's over inflated price on parts is insane. Overall, this car is a Quality car that still turns heads. I will buy another A8 once this tank like car stops running."

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I have had a 1998 Quattro for two years now, it has 205,000 miles on the odometer. Will buy another."

By on Friday, October 02, 2009

Bought the Warranty

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Purchased the Audi Platinum Warranty and have enjoyed all the features without worry. There are so many things that "could" go wrong, so repairs will be pricey..but with that said...10 mos. later everything is perfect. This is Ultra Luxury! Love it !!"

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

Stealth Econo Car !

By on Sunday, May 03, 2009

"I have owned our 2003 A-8 Since new. NO PROBLEMS, SUPERB RIDE, VERY FAST. Gets an unbeliievable 26MPG at 75 MPH from San Diego to Las Vegas. Not just once, but ALL THE TIME-with the AC ON ! This is pencil and paper calculated, not the computer. In rough city driving, it has never given less than 17 mpg. This is a spectacular car! NOTE: It is VERY sensitive to what tires are mounted on it. If you don't like vibrations don't mount Michelins. I know, it sounds stupid, but the car's natural harmonic chassis vibration coincides with those produced by Michelins-and it cannot be balanced out. For a glass smooth ride, buy Dunlop SP 270's. Expensive, but worth the money in ride quality."

beautiful and reliable

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"one of the best cars i've ever owned but the cost of repairs is rediculous and it dosen't hold a resale value"

German at full tilt

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"The Audi A8 is the most capable executive series sedan on the market. The power is relentless in Sport Mode and the transmission shifts effortless throughout the gears. Cruising at speeds over 100 MPH and you would not even know it.... The suspension is taught but the ride is like you’re sitting in your living room couch. The exterior & interior styling is timeless. I see older S500's and they look dated, the A8 never loses its understated but posh looks. As for maintenance, it's not a Honda; you have to expect to spend some money maintaining a car like this. This is by far the best car I have ever owned!"

Best Luxury car

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I have a 97 A8 model with cold and warm weather packages. Solar sun roof and rear window shield. This car is front wheel drive and weighs only 3750 pounds. For its size, the fuel economy is excellent plus it has the smallest V8 Audi builds. I have not had any expensive repairs in five years. In five years, I have put 20.000 miles on this car. My mechanic gives me reasonable repair prices and I never go to an Audi dealer or any dealer for that matter. If you want a road cruiser that can drive for hours without fatigue, this is it. This is the finest car I have ever owned and it will run for at least another ten years. I put xenon lights on it for better visibilty. People still believe it is a new car, it looks so good. The design is still current and the interior is simply amazing. This is a rare car, with a space age, alluminum frame and front and side air bags, it is the safest car available."

most comfortable touring auto ever

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I have owned both a 1999 to 150k miles and a 2003 now at 64k miles and they are the most comfortable auto's available. Between A8's I purchased a new Benz e-class with $7500 special order orthopedic seats and after just 6000 miles I could not take it anymore and sold it at a $10k loss. I went back to Audi A8L and have been totally satisfied. The seats are beyond comfortable, I have a very bad back and I can drive this car 700 miles per day in comfort. The ride is firm and very comfortable, no bouncing around but not so firm as to jar you. Even though it is 310hp V8 engine I average 25+ mpg at highway speeds of 70 plus. The solar sun roof is a must have option on this vehicle if you live or travel south of the mason-disxon. This is an expensive auto but IMHO it is worth every penny."

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A8 near Honolulu. See local deals