• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1998 Audi A8

Based on 71 Ratings for the 1997 - 2003 models.

I love my aluminum Audi A8

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"the first significant mass produced aluminum car, ahead of it's time and still runs great."

Nicest car I have ever driven, and I've owned alot

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Best used car value out there."

Cons: "Expensive to repair at the dealer."

"I am the second owner of this 03 A8L. Car is rock solid after 155,000 miles. Quality and ride are second to none. These cars are overbuilt and are almost too nice. Seats are super comfortable, controls laid out well. Goes through deep snow effortlessly. Love heated steering wheel. Mafia sized trunk. 26 mpg on Highway. Goes from 70 to 90 mph like nothing. Vault quiet at 80 mph. I love this car and will drive it into the ground."

Excellent Car if you want luxury and Ok with milag

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Milage"

"Enjoyed it"

2nd time around

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING!"

"I recently re-purchased the same exact vehicle that I had sold 3 years ago from an individual in my state. It came back too me with only 20,000 miles more than I had sold it with. I received the vehicle back for ONLY $750.00! It was in need of some serious TLC. I am extremely honored to have my former vehicle returned to me, seeing as I really felt it was the best vehicle I have EVER owned. I have a 97 A6 that I sold and it also came back too me. I will never sell either of my cars again!!!!!! This A8 is tremendous and is worthy of keeping forever! Buy one at a low cost and invest the money!"

Unique All-Aluminum Animal

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, HighwayMPG, Near Corosion-Proof, AUDI AWD"

Cons: "City MPG, Depreciation for Initial Owner."

"I had bought this as a high mileage car (203k) with a slipping transmission that many would have suggested a complete, and expensive, rebuild. A new transmission filter and OEM fluid cured it and it now has over 242k on it. Biggest advice for ANY european car owner, regardless of what the dealer tells you, is to have the fluid and filter changed at regular intervals! Service departments have a profit incentive for your car to need repairs; do not neglect this service! A recent 3k mile road trip with four adults, a full trunk, and 75 MPH (plus) speed limits returned about 26 MPG. Long distances, with the cruise at 65 MPH can achieve 30-31 MPG; however, the 300 HP becomes apparent at the pump when driving in the city and when using the HP. Expect 16-18ish in town. To sum up this car, it will deliver if you need a spacious and luxurious car that can provide respectable fuel economy, provided you avoid stop-and-go driving or rapid acceleration. It would be best owned by someone that is either able to service it themselves or else able to pay a honest independent shop, that understands these vehicles, to do it for him or her. I am in the former category and have found that it is not as difficult to work on as the dealerships and shops may suggest. Parts of similar quality can be sourced online and at at local parts stores for a fraction of dealer pricing. In my experience, there is not another car out there, in the large luxury class, that has combined an awesome AWD system with such an ingenious aluminum platform."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A8 near Honolulu. See local deals