2012 Audi A7

9.4

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

awesome car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

"nothing bad to say. I just wished it was cheaper."

Best Sporty Family Car

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Combo of Sport, Luxury, Practicality, and Style"

Cons: "Hatchback while roomy is a little shallow"

"I leased this car after the lease on my Audi S5 ran out. I was concerned about going from a 8 cylinder to an 6 cylinder and even considered waiting for the S7. I'm glad I didn't. The supercharged V-6 has great take off with its low end torque. The car feels lighter than it is. The cabin tech is great and while the Bang & Olufsen Stereo isn't worth what they charge, I'm glad I got it. If you're looking for a stylish family car that provides style, practicality and performance this is a great vehicle. I considered the BMW 535, MB E550. There isn't a wrong decision in the bunch but I like the style and tech in the A7 and it is much less common than the other vehicles. My kids love the in car WiFi and can stream videos or go online with iPads. I've had Porsche 911's, BMW M3s and I don't miss them."

Best combination of driving & riding car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Absolute rocket; handles great; 2000 RPM @ 80 MPH"

Cons: "Inadequate storage in cabin; premium fuel required"

"I have owned or leased Corvettes (big block), Jaguars (XJ), Mercedes-Benz (300), BMW (3, 5 & 7 series) and Lexus (LS, SC and RX) and my 2012 Audi A7 is the best combination of a driving AND riding car I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I'm now on the dark side of retirement age and suddenly I find I can drive 15 hours in a stretch whereas before I was limiting myself to 8 to maybe 12 before. The car is that comfortable, responsive and interactive. GREAT car!"

Smitten

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, fuel. economy, practicality and technology."

Cons: "Work and sleep robs one of driving time."

Camera doesn't do it justice!

"The clean, elegant lines, art gallery worthy engine, and star ship tech interior makes this car a joy to own. After a year, I still pinch myself to ensure I'm not dreaming when approaching this beauty. It's quick, comfortable, smooth, and responsive. It cares about my safety and has learned how I drive with the driver assist features. Don't think about the price of this car, think about the cost of ownership over a long time because you won't want anything else once you bond with your new partner! Pop the sportback and it magically turns into a 30 mpg SUV with almost as much carg space as a mid size SUV. I still double take when I walk away from this car. I feel lucky to have the privilege to own my A7."

Camera doesn't do it justice!

forget bmw or mercedes

By on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pros: "too numerous to mention"

Cons: "hmmmmmmmmmmm...tough...maybe priced a bit too high"

"absolute joy to drive! sporty yet economical. "luxury" car yet very practical. unique, and even better in person + and then some when seen in motion. bmw is out-dated and dry. mercedes is for persons concerned more about image (the reason i'm comparing the above is not to be snobby, but one of the most common questions i get). not a week goes by without someone stopping me to ask about the car (but of course not my reason for bying it in the first place). i genuniely miss driving this car when i'm away from it even a few hours. even compared with other audi's (driven as loaner cars), this car stands-out!"

Sports car in Luxury outfit - Best of both worlds

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Sporty,luxurious,good looking,convinient"

Cons: "Cant think of any."

That's my sexy beast :)

"I leased a white 2013 Premium plus A7 little over a month ago. I am in love with my car since the first day. And I do not have any complaints so far. I was shopping for BMW Z4 but decided on this car when I test drove it the first time. It may not be as sexy as a convertible but it is gorgeous in its own way. The slopping roof line is to kill for. The interior is no less luxurious and good looking. It makes me feel special. Like a pilot. Whenever I hold the gear lever, I feel like am piloting a fighter jet. Driving dynamics may not be as perfect as a Porsche or BMW but for a car of this size it sure can handle. The car plants itself nicely and sticks to the tarmac like a dragon around corners. Quattro is surely a big plus for handling. And the supercharged V6 is an engine to die for. It has the power and torque you crave for in a sports sedan, and it can be quiet as library in comfort mode. I have tried to start the car when its already on, lot of times, thinking the engine is off. And Audi trumps the technology category in all its models. The list is a mile long. Overall, this is the best sport-luxury-sedan out there. And it comes with hatchback door and flat-folding rear seats which means you can carry truck load of luggage with ease."

My video

That's my sexy beast :)

Having fun in snow :)

Changed my veiw of german luxury cars

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "pricey but worth it, Drives like a sport car, feel"

Cons: "Almost too much technology"

"Always owned japanese luxury cars, but the A7 has brought driving to a new standard. Realy fun to drive and is a real head turner. Performance and style in one package. Great performance. Comfort similar to a touring sedan, but in a sports car. As far as I'm concerned the perfect car for people who want more than just comfort"

Fantastic car great engine 20 inch summer wheels

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "Engine, handling and led headlights"

Cons: "Small gas tank hard ride with the 20" summer tiers"

"I had BMW 740, Mercedes E 300 & 320,and a 911 and this was my first Audi and I just love this engine as much or even more than the 911. This car handles fantastic I did get the summer tires 20 inch with it and the only issue is that it rides a bit stiff on those but what a car. Gas mileage is less then advertised but I do average 85 mph so..."

Absolutely enjoying my A7 even after 10 months of!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Definitely fun to drive!"

Cons: "Only seats 4."

Love it!

"The A7 has it all.....performance, comfort and style! My 5 hour drives down to my vacation home are effortless! Thanks Audi!"

Love it!

Unbelievable

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Not sure if it has any."

"Every time I get in the A7 I fall in love with it again! The car is absolutely amazing, the ride, the handling, comfort, it has it all. One of the prettiest cars on the road doesn't hurt things either. If you are at all on the fence then just go drive one, but make sure you bring the checkbook because after you drive it you won't want to leave without it."

Best automobile I've ever owned period.

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Stable, fast, and precise."

"I have owned this Audi for twelve months. It is fun to drive and stable at all speeds. I am always receiving compliments on its styling. The interior is beautiful and all instrumentation is well thought out and ergonomically functional. It is comfortable for commuting as well as long road trips. The hatch back is huge with plenty of room for golf clubs and skis. I would highly recommend this Audi."

Climate Control Software Bug in all 2013/14 A6/A7s

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "- Styling, engine"

Cons: "- Climate Control Feature (not working properly)"

"While a nice look and some good features, I am extremely disappointed at the fact that there is a climate control software bug on my 2014 A7. The airflow distribution setting does not work properly. The setting changes after the car is turned off and then restarted at some later time. And when the car is started, the air distribution setting displayed on the MMI display is different than the air distribution setting displayed on the climate control display. Once I re-adjust the air distribution setting to what I want, the MMI display and the climate control display will "sync up." The dealership service center let me know approx. 9 months ago that this is a known "software bug" in all 2013 and 2014 A-6 and A-7s (for models with the front seat ventilation feature). This issue has been logged with Audi engineers, and no fix currently exists; and no time table is known for when this will get fixed. I call the dealership about once a month to see if a fix has been created. I also was told by the Audi service center that the sales people do not tell customers of this problem/bug when selling the car. This is unacceptable for a +$70k vehicle."

Best Sports lux Diesel of all - 38 MPG v6 :)

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "power v8 feel , with tdi gets 38 mpg!, looks wow!"

Cons: "navigation search buttons, seats a bit tight, none"

"Yes this car is pricy but the a7 look and power blows out the competition by far. With the TDI diesel we are now getting 38 mgp in combo driving with no eco assist button. Meaning we do not conserve power and usually drive about 79 mph on the freeway and do a lot of city also. Styling is so cool and sleek very impressive looking and what power it goes easy 100 mph and is smooth. You do not even need sports mode which is a bit stiffer. And its very fun to drive. We love it after 6 months. We also bought full 10 year extended warranty since its our first audi. Also we recommend and love the safety assist which will stop the car if needed automatically on freeways and anticipates cars and objects in its path , lane and safety assist is awesome (it was a must for us). Only regret is we did not get full led headlights which i still regret. So the guy who says it was not worth $40k should just get a fully loaded honda which prices out there or and acura but it will not be a high end lux power car like this one. Cost to drive per mile is a bit high but in the league of panamera. Audi by far beats lexus and bmw and benz we tested and looked at all of them. So if you want high style , fuel efficiency and power this is the car. Who said diesel is not great? we save about $120 per month vs our lexus sc430 gas. So a7 just drive one its not 1980 anymore folks....."

Super Car with great features and handling

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Dealer maintained, replaced two rear tires due to slow leak in one, always garaged, retired owner no commuter driving or salted roads. Technology pkg includes Head-up Display"

Over Priced - look some where else

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "Almost evrything besides looks."

"Brand new with 95 miles on it and it broke less than 24 hours after driving it off the lot. O2 sensor as bad and an actuator (whatever that is) needed to be moved. Start-stop is very inconsistent. Same with the opening the doors. Normally one only needs to put your thumb on this button and pull the door handle and the door opens - normally. But sometimes it just dosn't open. Who knows why - Audi can't seem to figure it out. Cruise control is very poor (jumpy, not smooth). Climate control also acts like Jeckel and Hyde. Overall the car is worth about $40,000. The only thing going for it is that it looks great. Needs an economy mode as the computer often chooses a gear lower than I would if I had a manual. Handling is just OK for the price. Save your money and buy something else."

Great looking car!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

"The car is beautiful and drives wonderful - my only issue with this car is the frameless windows. If you live in the northeast and get icy weather the windows will tend to freeze to the rubber strip. Bad concept for this area. Would be an ideal car for southern type weather."

Fun Car to Drive

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"The car handles beautifully. Great acceleration and braking. Very smooth ride even at 100mph"

Hate to go into the garaage!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "A bit pricey but good things never come cheap!"

Cons: "Front cup holders could be designed better!"

"I have owned imported and domestic luxury sedans,sports cars and wagons. The A7 combines the best of each whilst sacrificing little of any. It looks a lot like a Porche Panamera or an Aston Martin Rapide, need I say more!"

Can not wait to take a long trip with this beauty.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Great on the road and loaded with goodies."

Cons: "Cup holders to small for todays cups."

"What a car! could not ask for more than what i have in this A7. Head turner for sure."

Beautiful and Practical and Beautiful

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Lots of comfort and plenty of power when needed"

Cons: "Price? Find something this gorgeous for less."

"The most beautiful car I've ever seen in person. I was thinking about an A6 and couldn't resist the highly stylized A7 hatchback. The premium of a comparably equipped A7 vs. A6 is worth it. I have a Premium Plus with only option being Cold Weather Package (A Southern Wisconsin Must). After 9 months and 13000 miles, I still smile every time I see it or sit in it. I have three young kids and the whole family fits comfortably, even with car seats. The hatchback is awesome: looks cool going up and down and practical for Costco runs. After breaking it in over the long Wisconsin winter, the warm weather this spring has been a nice reminder of the amazing fuel economy this GAS 3.0T is capable of. I regularly hit 30-32mpg (with premium, no EtOH gas). Average for the last 5000 miles is 25.5mpg...for a 4200# full size sedan. These are 75mph+, mostly highway miles. As amazing as it looks on the outside, the interior is phenomenal. Every knob and switch is exactly where it is supposed to be. You can navigate the entire navi/media/HVAC/computer by touch, never taking eyes off the road. Love being able to tuck the screen away in the dash, especially at night. You will not find a better designed user interface, especially with all the features available between the tach/speedo. It just works. It is effortless. After years of messing with awfully designed touchscreen, this is the way to go. Bless you MMI. OK, so I love it. It's Moonlight Blue with a Nougat Brown interior. No other car looks like this. I couldn't be happier."

Smooth, Quiet, Economical, Reliable and Quality

By on Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional Quality Inside and Out"

"Going on 3 years and still the best car I have ever owned. It has great looks, easy in-and-out loaded with technology and safety features, fast with excellent ride comfort. I get 20+ MPG no matter what type of driving and it is just a pleasure to drive."

good car

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"Good looking, sporty, comfortable... Can't find enough good words. Huge trunk, enough space in the back, the infotainment is also fantastic, with google maps integrated, best value for the money car I ever had. I traded a 2011 Cayenne S for the Audi and I'm trading the Audi for the BMW 6 series gran coupe (I'm still not sure if that was a good decision). Loved this car, at most the beautiful exterior and hatch."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A7 near Honolulu. See local deals