2016 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,487 - $47,808.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

2015 A6 3.0T - Best car I've ever owned, bar none

By on Friday, January 8, 2016

Pros: "Power train, handling, styling, value"

Cons: "Needs stronger wheel shaker"

"I purchased my Ibis White A6 in July after shopping the mid-size sport/luxury sedan market for 18 months. All my internet research pointed to the Audi and my own test drives (E350, GS350, 535iX, Q70 and CTS in addition to the A6)confirmed what I'd read. They're all nice vehicles to be sure, but none pushed ALL my buttons like the Audi. I shopped for a very specific equipment set; 3.0T power train, premium plus package, driver assistance package, cold weather package and Bose sound system. I wanted ventilated front seats, but to get them, you have to buy the prestige package and pay for other stuff I didn't care about. I shopped regionally (TX, AZ and CO) because there is only one NM dealer, but ended up buying locally, though with a competitive offer in hand from a Dallas area dealer. Got a great price because the 2016 A6s came out early...don't know for sure but there were likely dealer incentives to move the 2015s. Styling beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I love the understated exterior lines and low-slung stance. Surprisingly, the lower front fascia has more curb clearance than I expected...scraping the underside of the front bumper has been a sore point in both Cadillacs I've owned. The interior styling is also understated (though the retracting MMI display is cool), but material quality and fit/finish are outstanding and the front seats are very comfortable. Haven't had many rear seat passengers yet, but my 6' son claimed he had plenty of room. External visibility is excellent. And then there's the heated steering wheel on a cold morning...wonderful. The driving experience is incredible. The supercharged V6 has plenty of power (311 hp advertised - at least for me) and delivers it with turbine-like smoothness. There's no supercharger lag at all during moderate or hard acceleration. And quiet too...engine noise is inaudible at idle and unnoticeable at speed. Not sure what I'd do with the power of an S6. The car handles like it's on rails, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of road feedback through the steering wheel. Not a problem for me as I don't drive it at the edge of the envelope. I love the solid, planted impression I get when I drive it...very confidence inspiring. I'm looking forward to trying it out in icy/snowy conditions. The technology is really cool...blind spot monitors, lane keeping assist and backup-corner cameras/parking sensors all work as advertised, though the wheel shaker for the lane-keep assist could be a little more aggressive. The MMI interface is not as difficult to learn as some reviews would suggest, but it does take a little practice. Cell phone integration is seamless. I haven't really learned the voice control system yet, nor tried out the active cruise control. Google Earth integration with the Nav display is really cool! I've had no reliability issues, but my reliability score is not 10 only because I don't have many miles on the odometer yet. Combined mileage so far is around 20 mpg...significantly better than the DeVille it replaced. But I didn't buy it to save gas...I bought it to drive. And every time I get out of it, I find myself looking forward to the next time I get in."

Good looks and ride, great handling

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great looks"

Cons: "No front dash outlet to plug in radar detector."

"I love the interior, the ride and handling. However, there are concerns related to quality. With my 3.0 engine, there are sometimes a jerkiness in take off and acceleration. My driver side wiper is defective while the passenger side is fine. The pop up navigation screen occasionally sticks and has retracted abitrarily. Have experienced loss of tire pressure, which has triggered the gauge, on three separate occasions and on different tires. Note that the car is 1100 miles old. I am also concerned about maintenace costs as a replacement winshield has already set me back $750."

The nicest car I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great on long drives. Love those LED headlights."

Cons: "No "OnStar" feature like my wife's BMW X5."

"Took delivery on my 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige eight months ago. I ordered it with every option offered. Phantom Black Pearl Effect exterior and Mocha Brown interior, with 20" sport rims. I love the plush interior and the Bang and Olufsen sound system. The ride is tight, smooth and quiet and best of all, it handles like a dream and is so quick. I really have to pay attention to the speedometer at all times."

Top notch luxury sedan

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of tech, lots of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat for 2 1/2, not 3, small front cupholders"

"My first vehicle with a sticker of over $50k, and loving every minute. Selected the Prestige line, but passed on the B"

I think is the best audi ever!!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"This is my second A6 (2012), previously owned A6 2008. This car is a completely different animal. fun to drive, great MPG for a car this size. Mine had the prestige package, LED headlamps. I love audi select, the car feels different in each option, is like having 2-3 differents cars. I really believe audi hit a homerun with this one!!!"