2014 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $57,118 - $58,587.

10/7.6

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior, acceleration, reliabilaty, style"

Cons: "price, overboosted steering, seat side bolsters"

"Coming from BMW 5 series for 16 years(e 39's and e 60's) this mid sized Audi was refreshing. No run flats to deal with. Amazing snow performance with winter tires. Great fuel economy typically getting 30 mpg on highway. 3.0 supercharged engine mated to 8 speed automatic gives tremendous acceleration. Car has been 100% reliable in 45 K miles. Only wish is for a wagon to come to USA."

I think is the best audi ever!!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"This is my second A6 (2012), previously owned A6 2008. This car is a completely different animal. fun to drive, great MPG for a car this size. Mine had the prestige package, LED headlamps. I love audi select, the car feels different in each option, is like having 2-3 differents cars. I really believe audi hit a homerun with this one!!!"

This car has it all!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Looks, power, fuel efficiency."

Cons: "Rear seat legroom a bit limited."

"The A6 3.0 TSFI truly is the perfect balance of luxury, performance, electronics, driver experience, fuel efficiency and dealer support. The power of the 310 horses combined with the 33 mpg I easily get on the highway seems difficult to match anywhere. The placement in the cockpit of controls for the driver is perfect and intuitive."

I dont really like it - sorry

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car - handles fantastic - Sexy"

Cons: "HARSH RIDE!"

"I bought this car 6 months ago and I will keep this quick. It is TOO STIFF. MMI too complicated. I use my Iphone for Navigation because it's way more intuitive. Many dumb things about the technology annoys me - IE parking sensors don't work when coming in to a parking spot -only when backing up. QUALITY - well in 6 months, the Visor has broken twice, the rear power port broken 3 times, and streaming Bluetooth only works when it wants to. Nope, I'm not a fan of the stiff German ride. Will sell this soon and go back to Toyota or Lexus. That's my 2 cents."

This vehicle is awesome with great design

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"This vehicle is awesome with great design and fun to drive."

Buy this car and you won't be dissapointed.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, looks."

Cons: "Noisy with 20" wheels."

"This is the perfect car if you live in a snowy climate. It has sports car handling and pep but can traverse through the most inclement weather with ease. This is my 4th Audi and by far the best. I encourage you to test drive one but only if you are ready to buy. Trust me, you are going to want this car."

AudiConnect is great for audiophiles/tech lovers.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Performance, comfort, and interior technology."

Cons: "Cup holders in front are small."

"I own the 3.0 Prestige, and, simply stated, it is an incredible vehicle. I am a former BMW owner - also former owner of two older Audi A4s - and have driven a variety of other luxury models - this is hands down my favorite. Most of the other reviews address performance and styling - which I agree are excellent and were the primary reason I bought this car. But the one thing I've discovered about this car that truly stands out from the rest of the pack is the AudiConnect feature (which turns the interior cabin into a Wi-Fi hot spot). Passengers can connect to the web with ease - and the navigation overlays Google Earth onto it's map display, which is very cool. But - BEST OF ALL - the Wifi feature allows for streaming music playback unparalelled by any other car maker. Sure, most new cars nowadays allow for an iphone or ipod connection - but the AudiConnect provides the bandwith to stream music from the Cloud or from the internet (3G or 4G cannot do this without choppy interruptions). Add this feature with the Bluetooth Audio playback - and it is truly mind blowing. I am able access my entire music library via the Cloud and stream the music through the car stereo. No wires, no fuss, no choppy/interrupted playback. It's awesome. And, honestly, the cup holders in front are a bit small - but if the only negative about this car I can think of is that - I'd say that's pretty good."

Impressed with German engineering and quality

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great accelaration and handling"

Cons: "No touch screen on Nav and radio"

"Excellent performance and handling. Very good gas mileage, particularly for a high performance vehicle"

A miraculous combination of performance & MPGs

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "high performance, unbelievable fuel efficiency."

Cons: "Expensive, lacks sports car steering feel."

"By way of context, I also own a 2009 BMW 335d, which at that time was the most fuel efficient vehicle that BMW had ever imported to the U.S. The 2014 A6 TDI is larger, slightly faster, heavier, and has all-wheel drive (the 335d was **only** available with rear-wheel drive), yet the A6 TDI gets 10% to 20% better fuel economy! In addition to still owning a last-gen 3 series with sport package, I have driven hundreds of miles in the current generation 3 Series, as well as having test driven the new BMW 535d—the A6 TDI's most direct competitor. The A6, equipped with 20" wheels, summer tires, and various factory sport options is a hands-down winner over the 3 Series and 535d models I've driven. My 335d with sport package is unquestionably a better pure driver's car than the A6; however, this is due in part to its hydraulic steering. Since virtually all new cars in the A6's class now have more fuel efficient electrically assisted power steering, there is an unavoidable loss of feedback. This is true for the A6. It doesn't mean the steering is imprecise or bad, just less communicative. Even with S-Line trim and sport options—and with the steering feel set to "dynamic," the steering is still very light at low speeds, but it gets a bit heavier at speed, which is a good thing. Audi's sport steering wheel is elegant looking as well as a delight to hold. Interior aesthetics are stunningly beautiful throughout the cabin. All materials look and feel top notch. The front seats are comfortable and very adjustable, but still not as good as BMW sport seats, or as good as the seats in my old Audi S8 from 12 models years ago. The seats are **very** good, though. Cabin lighting is gorgeous, appearing to have been borrowed from NASA. Virtually everything one could want illuminated is softly and tastefully illuminated. My biggest gripe about the interior is that the MMI screen opens and pops up every time the car starts, and it retracts every time the car turns off. I have a very hard time believing that won't break at some point--and be very expensive to repair. I do, however appreciate the clean appearance that the interior has when the screen disappears into the dash. Exterior appearance is typical Audi: generally conservatively styled (except for the snout) with beautiful lines. The LED tail lights and daytime running lights have a futuristic and aggressive look about them. My particular car was equipped with full LED headlamps, which I don't think I would have ordered for the extra $1,400 or so price premium for that option, but it was on the car I liked on the dealer lot. The full LEDs add to the futuristic appearance, and they function well. They should also last for a very long time without noticeable dimming. My vehicle is black with S-Line trim. I wasn't looking specifically for a black car, but the large black grill work on the snout--in my opinion--works better when the body color is also dark. The optional 20" wheels--much to my surprise--don't make the ride choppy, excessively firm, or excessively noisy. Again, I would have steered clear of that option if I were ordering the car, for fear that the 35-series tires would offer too little cushion and protection for the wheels. But the car is still incredibly comfortable and civilized, and the 20" wheels--which are slightly smoky in color--look gorgeous and sporty, filling the wheel wells beautifully. Driving performance is excellent. The all-wheel drive makes the power delivery very subtle and low drama. It is far less dramatic than winding a high-revving gasser up to its redline, but the diesel feels like it accomplishes its work effortlessly, starting just off idle after a brief turbo lag. In real life, this diesel feels quicker and more responsive in the rev range where normal people do their normal driving. Yet it still manages to be incredibly fun--and sweet sounding--when wound up. Fuel economy has exceeded expectations. In my first 1,000 miles, I have averaged 32 MPG in mixed driving. With just a little care (i.e., not a bunch of crazy hyper-miling techniques), I can generally achieve 30 mpg in city driving. I have not observed 38 MPG highway yet, but that is because I have spent much of my highway driving in stop-and-go traffic, or cruising at seriously extra-legal speeds. Staying below 80 MPH should make the EPA claimed 38 MPG within easy reach. Finally, on the subject of fuel efficiency, keep in mind that the value proposition here goes beyond just saving money at the pump (which, by the way would take some years to pay back the initial price premium for the diesel). The ultra long range means you will be wasting less time getting fuel. Depending on the value of your time, this may pay for the cost differential faster than the fuel savings would! This car is an all-around excellent combination of comfortable size for four adults, good storage space, an amazing interior, excellent power and performance, and fuel economy that seems totally impossibly awesome!"

I love my new 2014 Audi A6 TDI Premium Plus

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"It's a beautiful car which will turn your and other's heads. Audi designs and produces the best car interiors in the industry hands down and the A6's is no exception. The car has amazing acceleration and great handling with a good balance between muting the bumps in the road and still hugging the corners. All this plus incredible gas mileage for such a large and heavy car. I easily get the EPA est. 28/34 but generally get higher on the freeway, even getting 40 on one short trip and 37 on a long road trip north. The only time you hear the diesel is if you are stopped, the radio is off, and your window is down. Oh and if you punch it you hear a little diesel rumble. The auto start/stop feature takes some getting used to. The auto start you don't really notice and it's instantaneous when you take your foot off the brake and before you can reach the accelerator, but occasionally the auto stop can cause the car to shudder slightly. If it really bothers you, there is a button to turn this feature off on the dash. I wish there wasn't such a high markup in the price over the 3.0 gas model. Hopefully this will be made up in fuel savings over the long haul."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next