• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,998 - $40,737.

10/7.6

9.3

Based on 33 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

Best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Interior, acceleration, reliabilaty, style"

Cons: "price, overboosted steering, seat side bolsters"

"Coming from BMW 5 series for 16 years(e 39's and e 60's) this mid sized Audi was refreshing. No run flats to deal with. Amazing snow performance with winter tires. Great fuel economy typically getting 30 mpg on highway. 3.0 supercharged engine mated to 8 speed automatic gives tremendous acceleration. Car has been 100% reliable in 45 K miles. Only wish is for a wagon to come to USA."

This vehicle is awesome with great design

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"This vehicle is awesome with great design and fun to drive."

Super refined great comfortable handling

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Super quality & refinement. Power. Gas mileage."

Cons: "Steering feel could be a bit better."

"My first expensive luxury (bucket list) car.Great ride for very sporty handling & comfort.Supple & sporty & very comfortable.A pleasure to drive. Super quiet & very refined. Super beautiful quality interior.Oozes quality all over.Gas mileage very impressive for 4,000+lb's.& 4 wheel drive. Easily gets low 30's (3.2 supercharged engine) on the highway with great power (0-60 app. 5.4).Very quiet engine, can't hear or feel it running.MMI & Nav system & electronics very good but needs time to learn proper use.Lots of small quality details.Best paint & fit & finish quality.Very classy in & out . I feel like I need to get dressed up to drive this car."

Better than previously owned BMW and Mercedes

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful to look at and fun to drive."

Cons: "No sunglasses holder."

"Beautiful inside and out. Black on black. Reliable, good acceleration, decent gas mileage. Lots of fun to drive. Price and depreciation fairly steep but, hopefully, you get what you pay for. Definitely turns heads when driving down the road. In one year of ownership have only needed oil changed and tires rotated."

best overall vehicle i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "effortless power, top notch interior, sips fuel"

Cons: "none: Audi should put this engine in A4/S4"

"buying decision: moved from 2009 bmw 328i to this vehicle as my daily driver. combination of highway and city travel, average 17,000 miles per year for work and personal travel. Impressions after first 9000 miles: 1. effortless power, I love the diesel torque. no drama, just goes 2. averages over 36 mpg even with "spirited" driving, so it is beating EPA estimates for me. since work pays my mileage, this matters to me, even in this price range. The mileage gains are essentially partially subsidizing my upgrade to this class of vehicle. 3. Audi interior: is best in class/price range to my taste, comfort on long trips is enhanced, and the tech seems to work pretty effortlessly. Love the giant NAV screen that folds away. I like the "spartan but high-quality" German style interior, and of the three big German brands Audi nails this lately,at least among the vehicles I shopped in the 45-65k range. 4. Handles: very well for size and weight, but obviously the one thing I miss about the 2009 328i is driving it on twisty back highways. The difference is not night and day, both cars are German and handle great. Obviously the A6 is a larger car and I knew this slight trade off going into it, and have not looked back. To put this in perspective: the A6 still handles tighter than 90% of the cars that I have driven, but the previous gen 328i that I owned sets a high bar for this category. Even so, when I came down to to choosing between an S4 and the A6(sorry bmw, your new version 3 series is too SOFT, too expensive, and has a cheap interior for 50k car), I went with the diesel torque, extra comfort for long drives, and 40+ mpg highway real-world... So, in summary, with the A6 TDI you get a "sporty german sedan" but not a "german sport sedan", with massive torque that benefits real-world driving dynamics(you know, that type of driving most of us revert to after the first two months of owning a new car), a beautiful interior, and "economy car" fuel efficiency...what's not to love here? Reliability: no problems after 9000 miles, like, none, not even a rattle. I honestly can't believe this isn't the most popular A6 variant...but then Audi did just come out with it in 2014 for the US. Perhaps not enough folks are test driving them and assume the a6 3.0T is superior?"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next