• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2014 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,133 - $44,242.

10/7.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I dont really like it - sorry

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful car - handles fantastic - Sexy"

Cons: "HARSH RIDE!"

"I bought this car 6 months ago and I will keep this quick. It is TOO STIFF. MMI too complicated. I use my Iphone for Navigation because it's way more intuitive. Many dumb things about the technology annoys me - IE parking sensors don't work when coming in to a parking spot -only when backing up. QUALITY - well in 6 months, the Visor has broken twice, the rear power port broken 3 times, and streaming Bluetooth only works when it wants to. Nope, I'm not a fan of the stiff German ride. Will sell this soon and go back to Toyota or Lexus. That's my 2 cents."

This vehicle is awesome with great design

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I don't own this car

"This vehicle is awesome with great design and fun to drive."

Buy this car and you won't be dissapointed.

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, looks."

Cons: "Noisy with 20" wheels."

"This is the perfect car if you live in a snowy climate. It has sports car handling and pep but can traverse through the most inclement weather with ease. This is my 4th Audi and by far the best. I encourage you to test drive one but only if you are ready to buy. Trust me, you are going to want this car."

AudiConnect is great for audiophiles/tech lovers.

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Performance, comfort, and interior technology."

Cons: "Cup holders in front are small."

"I own the 3.0 Prestige, and, simply stated, it is an incredible vehicle. I am a former BMW owner - also former owner of two older Audi A4s - and have driven a variety of other luxury models - this is hands down my favorite. Most of the other reviews address performance and styling - which I agree are excellent and were the primary reason I bought this car. But the one thing I've discovered about this car that truly stands out from the rest of the pack is the AudiConnect feature (which turns the interior cabin into a Wi-Fi hot spot). Passengers can connect to the web with ease - and the navigation overlays Google Earth onto it's map display, which is very cool. But - BEST OF ALL - the Wifi feature allows for streaming music playback unparalelled by any other car maker. Sure, most new cars nowadays allow for an iphone or ipod connection - but the AudiConnect provides the bandwith to stream music from the Cloud or from the internet (3G or 4G cannot do this without choppy interruptions). Add this feature with the Bluetooth Audio playback - and it is truly mind blowing. I am able access my entire music library via the Cloud and stream the music through the car stereo. No wires, no fuss, no choppy/interrupted playback. It's awesome. And, honestly, the cup holders in front are a bit small - but if the only negative about this car I can think of is that - I'd say that's pretty good."

Impressed with German engineering and quality

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great accelaration and handling"

Cons: "No touch screen on Nav and radio"

"Excellent performance and handling. Very good gas mileage, particularly for a high performance vehicle"

A miraculous combination of performance & MPGs

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "high performance, unbelievable fuel efficiency."

Cons: "Expensive, lacks sports car steering feel."

"By way of context, I also own a 2009 BMW 335d, which at that time was the most fuel efficient vehicle that BMW had ever imported to the U.S. The 2014 A6 TDI is larger, slightly faster, heavier, and has all-wheel drive (the 335d was **only** available with rear-wheel drive), yet the A6 TDI gets 10% to 20% better fuel economy! In addition to still owning a last-gen 3 series with sport package, I have driven hundreds of miles in the current generation 3 Series, as well as having test driven the new BMW 535d—the A6 TDI's most direct competitor. The A6, equipped with 20" wheels, summer tires, and various factory sport options is a hands-down winner over the 3 Series and 535d models I've driven. My 335d with sport package is unquestionably a better pure driver's car than the A6; however, this is due in part to its hydraulic steering. Since virtually all new cars in the A6's class now have more fuel efficient electrically assisted power steering, there is an unavoidable loss of feedback. This is true for the A6. It doesn't mean the steering is imprecise or bad, just less communicative. Even with S-Line trim and sport options—and with the steering feel set to "dynamic," the steering is still very light at low speeds, but it gets a bit heavier at speed, which is a good thing. Audi's sport steering wheel is elegant looking as well as a delight to hold. Interior aesthetics are stunningly beautiful throughout the cabin. All materials look and feel top notch. The front seats are comfortable and very adjustable, but still not as good as BMW sport seats, or as good as the seats in my old Audi S8 from 12 models years ago. The seats are **very** good, though. Cabin lighting is gorgeous, appearing to have been borrowed from NASA. Virtually everything one could want illuminated is softly and tastefully illuminated. My biggest gripe about the interior is that the MMI screen opens and pops up every time the car starts, and it retracts every time the car turns off. I have a very hard time believing that won't break at some point--and be very expensive to repair. I do, however appreciate the clean appearance that the interior has when the screen disappears into the dash. Exterior appearance is typical Audi: generally conservatively styled (except for the snout) with beautiful lines. The LED tail lights and daytime running lights have a futuristic and aggressive look about them. My particular car was equipped with full LED headlamps, which I don't think I would have ordered for the extra $1,400 or so price premium for that option, but it was on the car I liked on the dealer lot. The full LEDs add to the futuristic appearance, and they function well. They should also last for a very long time without noticeable dimming. My vehicle is black with S-Line trim. I wasn't looking specifically for a black car, but the large black grill work on the snout--in my opinion--works better when the body color is also dark. The optional 20" wheels--much to my surprise--don't make the ride choppy, excessively firm, or excessively noisy. Again, I would have steered clear of that option if I were ordering the car, for fear that the 35-series tires would offer too little cushion and protection for the wheels. But the car is still incredibly comfortable and civilized, and the 20" wheels--which are slightly smoky in color--look gorgeous and sporty, filling the wheel wells beautifully. Driving performance is excellent. The all-wheel drive makes the power delivery very subtle and low drama. It is far less dramatic than winding a high-revving gasser up to its redline, but the diesel feels like it accomplishes its work effortlessly, starting just off idle after a brief turbo lag. In real life, this diesel feels quicker and more responsive in the rev range where normal people do their normal driving. Yet it still manages to be incredibly fun--and sweet sounding--when wound up. Fuel economy has exceeded expectations. In my first 1,000 miles, I have averaged 32 MPG in mixed driving. With just a little care (i.e., not a bunch of crazy hyper-miling techniques), I can generally achieve 30 mpg in city driving. I have not observed 38 MPG highway yet, but that is because I have spent much of my highway driving in stop-and-go traffic, or cruising at seriously extra-legal speeds. Staying below 80 MPH should make the EPA claimed 38 MPG within easy reach. Finally, on the subject of fuel efficiency, keep in mind that the value proposition here goes beyond just saving money at the pump (which, by the way would take some years to pay back the initial price premium for the diesel). The ultra long range means you will be wasting less time getting fuel. Depending on the value of your time, this may pay for the cost differential faster than the fuel savings would! This car is an all-around excellent combination of comfortable size for four adults, good storage space, an amazing interior, excellent power and performance, and fuel economy that seems totally impossibly awesome!"

I love my new 2014 Audi A6 TDI Premium Plus

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"It's a beautiful car which will turn your and other's heads. Audi designs and produces the best car interiors in the industry hands down and the A6's is no exception. The car has amazing acceleration and great handling with a good balance between muting the bumps in the road and still hugging the corners. All this plus incredible gas mileage for such a large and heavy car. I easily get the EPA est. 28/34 but generally get higher on the freeway, even getting 40 on one short trip and 37 on a long road trip north. The only time you hear the diesel is if you are stopped, the radio is off, and your window is down. Oh and if you punch it you hear a little diesel rumble. The auto start/stop feature takes some getting used to. The auto start you don't really notice and it's instantaneous when you take your foot off the brake and before you can reach the accelerator, but occasionally the auto stop can cause the car to shudder slightly. If it really bothers you, there is a button to turn this feature off on the dash. I wish there wasn't such a high markup in the price over the 3.0 gas model. Hopefully this will be made up in fuel savings over the long haul."

Comfort, ride, power, noise, looks, best ever.

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Power, ride, comfort, winter driving and heat"

Cons: "headlights too dim"

"I wish I had the heated side mirrors,front camera and passenger electric seat; that would be the best car EVER! Winter heating is fast but windshield tends to fog up...so did my 2002 A6"

Fantastic car, better than all competitors.

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "Corners like a ducati"

Cons: "No automatic truck closure like the A8"

"This is my first sedan in 15 years so I drove them all, the A6 is the clear winner for me. Zero recalls so far and only regular scheduled maintenance visits. The MMI takes a few days to get used to but all the options are great. The system instantly recognizes new devices whether its a phone or ipod etc."

Wow!

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Sporty, smooth, responsive, top-rate interior"

Cons: "Front cup holders pretty small"

"I did extensive research before purchasing my Audi A6 a month ago. My previous car was a Toyota Avalon, which I had owned for 10 years. It was a nice, dependable car, but not "sporty" at all - pretty bland, actually. I finally landed on the A6 3.0 Premium Plus with the 20" Sport Package and Bose sound system - and all I can say is what an impressive car! The exterior is the definition of sporty and everyone comments on it. When driving, the car is so smooth and responds like nothing I've ever driven - I look for winding roads to drive on just for the fun of it! About the only negative thing I can say about it is that the front cup holders are so small. But that doesn't stop it from being an amazing ride!"

Great car. - Forget BWW, Mercedes and Jags

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

"Great car. i have owned all the other german cars and many USA but this one takes the cake. Quality, MPG, looks and inerior are above expectations. The car is quick for a 4 banger and extreamly quiet. The only thing that i belive should be included in the Preium package is a power stearing column. Lots of Value here."

nice but some issues

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "typically well appointed Audi"

Cons: "transmission"

"Bought new A6 3.0 in Dec'12. Have had it to dealer to evaluate jerking when decelerating from 3rd to 2nd. Usually around 20 mph. Duplicated problem during test drive but they could not fix the problem. Now beginning to hesitate on acceleration. Beginning to wonder about new 8speed trans. Going back to dealer for further evaluation. Otherwise like the car."

My First Audi and loved every minute driving it!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, Fun drive, Outstanding Interior."

Cons: "Maintence Program, MPG but I knew that going in."

"I just have to say this is the first Audi I have owned but it will not be the last. 3.0T PP+ (Should have sprung the extra $5k and got the Prestige) Pros: The interior is nice and clean everything is laid out where it should be. Great on long drives. I'm 6'4" and I fit in the back seat! just did it once to see what it was like :) V6 feels like a V8 Cons: Lack of a maintence program. MPG but I knew that going in I only avg 23mpg with 75% highway driving (its hard to keep it under 80) Overall I have loved every minute driving this car."

The nicest car I've ever owned

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great on long drives. Love those LED headlights."

Cons: "No "OnStar" feature like my wife's BMW X5."

"Took delivery on my 2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige eight months ago. I ordered it with every option offered. Phantom Black Pearl Effect exterior and Mocha Brown interior, with 20" sport rims. I love the plush interior and the Bang and Olufsen sound system. The ride is tight, smooth and quiet and best of all, it handles like a dream and is so quick. I really have to pay attention to the speedometer at all times."

Great German engineering

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior styling, technology, value, ride"

Cons: "Some of the technology eems complicated to use"

"I have only had this car for 3 weeks but it moves quicker, in side styling is superior, and the technology surpass my BMW 5 series."

Good looks and ride, great handling

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great looks"

Cons: "No front dash outlet to plug in radar detector."

"I love the interior, the ride and handling. However, there are concerns related to quality. With my 3.0 engine, there are sometimes a jerkiness in take off and acceleration. My driver side wiper is defective while the passenger side is fine. The pop up navigation screen occasionally sticks and has retracted abitrarily. Have experienced loss of tire pressure, which has triggered the gauge, on three separate occasions and on different tires. Note that the car is 1100 miles old. I am also concerned about maintenace costs as a replacement winshield has already set me back $750."

Great car, but disappointed with initial service.

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Handling and acceleration!"

Cons: "No touch screen on the Navigation and interface."

"I've been driving the A6 for 30 days, and it is a pleasure to drive, with great handling and acceleration. The absense of a touch screen is a bummer, but you get used to it. Still working on a problem of "hesitation" which occurs before the engine is hot."

Top notch luxury sedan

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of tech, lots of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat for 2 1/2, not 3, small front cupholders"

"My first vehicle with a sticker of over $50k, and loving every minute. Selected the Prestige line, but passed on the B"

Best quality and handling

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, handling, design"

Cons: "Maintenance program"

"I just bought mine about a month ago after trying nearly every comparable sedan out there. I came back to Audi because you can't beat the quality of an Audi. The only thing I wish Audi did was offer a better service plan similar to Mercedes, but you don't have to worry about it like you do a Mercedes. Another great thing about this car is you won't see too many of them parked next to you."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25