• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,734 - $42,342.

10/7.6

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

best overall vehicle i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "effortless power, top notch interior, sips fuel"

Cons: "none: Audi should put this engine in A4/S4"

"buying decision: moved from 2009 bmw 328i to this vehicle as my daily driver. combination of highway and city travel, average 17,000 miles per year for work and personal travel. Impressions after first 9000 miles: 1. effortless power, I love the diesel torque. no drama, just goes 2. averages over 36 mpg even with "spirited" driving, so it is beating EPA estimates for me. since work pays my mileage, this matters to me, even in this price range. The mileage gains are essentially partially subsidizing my upgrade to this class of vehicle. 3. Audi interior: is best in class/price range to my taste, comfort on long trips is enhanced, and the tech seems to work pretty effortlessly. Love the giant NAV screen that folds away. I like the "spartan but high-quality" German style interior, and of the three big German brands Audi nails this lately,at least among the vehicles I shopped in the 45-65k range. 4. Handles: very well for size and weight, but obviously the one thing I miss about the 2009 328i is driving it on twisty back highways. The difference is not night and day, both cars are German and handle great. Obviously the A6 is a larger car and I knew this slight trade off going into it, and have not looked back. To put this in perspective: the A6 still handles tighter than 90% of the cars that I have driven, but the previous gen 328i that I owned sets a high bar for this category. Even so, when I came down to to choosing between an S4 and the A6(sorry bmw, your new version 3 series is too SOFT, too expensive, and has a cheap interior for 50k car), I went with the diesel torque, extra comfort for long drives, and 40+ mpg highway real-world... So, in summary, with the A6 TDI you get a "sporty german sedan" but not a "german sport sedan", with massive torque that benefits real-world driving dynamics(you know, that type of driving most of us revert to after the first two months of owning a new car), a beautiful interior, and "economy car" fuel efficiency...what's not to love here? Reliability: no problems after 9000 miles, like, none, not even a rattle. I honestly can't believe this isn't the most popular A6 variant...but then Audi did just come out with it in 2014 for the US. Perhaps not enough folks are test driving them and assume the a6 3.0T is superior?"

Great car

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Great machine"

"Outstanding machine, good or better than the Bentley I had in 2006. Handling, power, and comfort"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Better drive than Merc. or BMW"

Cons: "Needs a little more power under the hood."

"I have owned many Mercedes and BMW's, none compare."

Super refined great comfortable handling

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Super quality & refinement. Power. Gas mileage."

Cons: "Steering feel could be a bit better."

"My first expensive luxury (bucket list) car.Great ride for very sporty handling & comfort.Supple & sporty & very comfortable.A pleasure to drive. Super quiet & very refined. Super beautiful quality interior.Oozes quality all over.Gas mileage very impressive for 4,000+lb's.& 4 wheel drive. Easily gets low 30's (3.2 supercharged engine) on the highway with great power (0-60 app. 5.4).Very quiet engine, can't hear or feel it running.MMI & Nav system & electronics very good but needs time to learn proper use.Lots of small quality details.Best paint & fit & finish quality.Very classy in & out . I feel like I need to get dressed up to drive this car."

A very nice german car

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Engine and road noise is very low. safty feature."

Cons: "need be real careful in brake-in period"

"After a lots of internet study and test drive for ~$50K full size luxury sedan, I bought the new A6 2.0T 2015. To be honest,it is my first German car. Here is the good things -- No doubt, the car handling is better than most Japanese brand. Car is beautiful with outstanding interior quality and style. Comparing with BMW 5 2.0T, Audi's 2.0T engine is much quieter at low speed. The 2.0T turbo charged engine gives you enough power to compete with any regular 6 cylinder car. Consider the car is all wheel drive, its MPG is quite impressive and my car easily got 30+MPG without using cruise control, which is over its spec. The voice recognition learning feature makes the voice command real work most time for the people with heavy accent. I remember the voice command in my 2010 Lexus has almost never worked for me. Now here is what you may get disappointed -- if you own this car. As a typical German car with turbo charged engine, it need be take care more careful in its brake-in period otherwise its engine life time may be reduced. Its brake is very good but you may hear some noise in its brake-in period since Audi using metal to metal brake system. Audi connection is a good feature to have but the 2015 A6 is still using 3G provided by T-mobile. T-mobile 3G is pretty slow even with full signal bar in my area (Bay Area). Summary -- If you are looking for a full size luxury family sedan. It is one of best on the market. Audi is the only none-Japanese brand got in top 5 for reliability by consumer report study in recent year."