2004 Audi A6

8.0

Based on 418 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Great ride, very reliable

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great car, smooth ride, very reliable"

Cons: "I broke the cupholder"

"I love this car. It has 219,000 miles on it and feels like it will go for ever. Even with the very high miles, I am never afraid to take it on a long road trip and push it to high speeds on the highway. The all wheel drive is amazing. I am not afraid to take it through the mud or snow. I drive have taken it down dirt roads in the winter with a foot of snow on them and outperformed 4WD SUV's."

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"What a fun car to drive. Yes it has poor fuel mileage and needs constant mechanical attention, but show me a German luxury car that doesn't. I read many reviews on BMW and Mercedes and they all complain about the same thing. The Audi is definitely over-engineered, but the quality and workmanship are first class. Don't buy this car unless you have a pocketful of extra cash. If you are committed to take good care of your Audi, it will return the favor. There aren't many cars that provide the style comfort and performance in one package. Enjoy....."

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Audi builds a beautiful car and the 4.2 adds an exclamation point. I bought mine with 60K on it and it was tighter than most new cars. The dealer knew what he was doing when he said, "Drive it for the weekend". Pure joy and a fantastic winter car. Heed the comments about the cost to maintain. Don't be fooled by the cost to buy used. You'll make up the difference quickly in the shop. I would love to rate this car a 5 star, but reliability issues factor in and that makes the value less than optimal. Still, it is a head turner (ming blue) and deceptively understated. Its a jock in an Armani suit..."

I have owned the car 10 years

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Great in ice and snow (all wheel drive)"

Cons: "No cons, really...cept..were gettin tired of rain."

"I am impressed with the quality of the vehicle. Yes, a few of the plastic things inside did break (cup holder) but, the car has been very good to us. Its quiet interior, easy handling, inside over all comfort is great. We have had very little problems, even with he fact that we are not constantly doing all the maintenance like most people would. Overall I would certainly buy another Audi, if they weren't so damned expensive. On the farm my driveway is somewhat steep and a quarter mile lone. Even with the six inches of Oregon snow the thing plowed through it and got me clear up to the house!!! Couldn't believe it."

More innovation than most modern cars.

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

Pros: "Great handling even in the worst of conditions"

Cons: "Very heavy and at times may seem underpowered."

"This car is a little heavy and that can be a negative factor when looking for speed or gas mileage. The cars weight helps it keep on the road even in the worst conditions and with the addition of quattro you will not find a better AWD car for this price. My car is still going strong and it doesn't seem to be giving in anytime soon. With heating steering and a full Bose surround system there is no reason to change cars anytime soon. Highly recommended!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals