• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Audi A6

8.0

Based on 412 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "The car is well above the average vehicle"

Cons: "It costs to drive the best."

"I have had the car almost a year now, I have changed the brakes & oil,it was not very expensive the oil change was $80,as the car take only a full synthetic it tends to run a little higher than conventional motor oil, and the brakes, labor,& lifetime warranty cost me $100. I'm very satisfied with the interior, it has all leather which is great for easy clean up.Heated seats are great in the winter! A Bose stereo system with a 5 disc changer. Beautiful woodgrain! A huge trunk, a very roomy car over all. The car is so smooth and quiet you can barely hear it running. It handles like a dream, it hugs curves at high speeds and has never slid in the rain or ice. This car is highly recommended!I love it!"

Great ride, very reliable

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great car, smooth ride, very reliable"

Cons: "I broke the cupholder"

"I love this car. It has 219,000 miles on it and feels like it will go for ever. Even with the very high miles, I am never afraid to take it on a long road trip and push it to high speeds on the highway. The all wheel drive is amazing. I am not afraid to take it through the mud or snow. I drive have taken it down dirt roads in the winter with a foot of snow on them and outperformed 4WD SUV's."

Nice, if you have the cash to upkeep

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Got the A6 4.2L used in excellent condition at 70K: in a nutshell, the A6 4.2L is a monster on the road. I've driven my share of cars, and this is truly a fun one, especially if you get all the bells and whistles. The handling is exquisite, very tight on the turns and sticks to the road like glue, the 4.2L engine makes you giggle a little inside when you put the pedal to the metal. And it is very, very reliable on the snow (I recommend dedicated snow tires, which make a world of a difference). Drawbacks: when something goes wrong, it's going to cost you. And things do go wrong - I've had her in the shop at least 4 times this past year, for medium to major issues. I left a local mechanic who was able to do everything for cheap, but now that I don't have him...switching the battery last month with a quick diagnostic for slow engine start was $250, so do the math. Luckily, it overheated while under warranty, so switching the timing belt/water pump at 80K was covered - if not, it would have been a cool $1500, at least. Even oil changes are not simple - the 4.2L uses special filters, which cost at least 7-8x the average oil/gas filter... Another very significant drawback has been my experience with Audi dealerships - the most recent one has been fine at a location in Cleveland OH, but previous exposures were absolutely terrible (Rochester, NY) in the service department."

Great car, expensive to fix but worth it

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, smooth ride, comfortable, stylish"

Cons: "Poor Gas mileage, expensive maintenance"

"I love this car. It has been so good to me the dynamic all wheel drive has kept me on the road when I know similar two wheel drive cars would not have had a chance. You can take corners more quickly and get to and from work when the roads seem impassable. This car has treated me well the only negative thing is that the maintenance costs are high. Parts and labor are expensive. Mostly the labor though to be honest if you are handy and can learn how to fix your car yourself you can save a lot of money. The complexity of an Audi lends them to be hard to fix but if you know your car you can save yourself the woes of overspending on something at the treacherous Audi dealer or mechanics shop. Overall the best car I have driven, amazingly comfortable and smooth ride, my parents always comment on how the ride makes them sleepy because they are so comfortable. Normal wear and tear items are expensive and do add up. I have owned the car for 2.5 years and have put about 3500 into the car. Which is a pretty hefty some of money. Overall I would say that there are more cost efficient ways to get around but if you can splurge driving an Audi is a good way to do it."

Got it used 4 yrs ago, it never left me stranded!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Executive sedan on steroids."

Cons: "Parts and maintenance can be costly."

"I drove it all over the United States for 4 years. I must say that with the V8 engine, the car is an absolute beast. The cabin is well appointed and quite comfortable and it has excellent road manners. The full time AWD Quattro makes the car feel like its on rails and inspires confidence when driving. It always started right up and was very reliable for me. The car is now 11 years old and I am selling it for another Audi that is more fuel efficient."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals