• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Audi A6

Based on 58 Ratings for the 1995 - 1997 models.

Great car, but sould have more value

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Solid, smooth riding and allwheel drive"

Cons: "Good mechanics are difficult to find at any cost"

"Never had a problem until it overheated and lost an engine. The Audi mechanic did not fix properly. Finding a good Audi mechanic has been a constant problem. Car is beautiful, classic, and solid, but the value did not hold well enough to fix it."

Low Mileage Warrior

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Low Mileage, Excellent Quality, Interior Features"

Cons: "Acceleration, Insurance"

"Palm Springs, California is known for its car collections and the people who love them. It was there I was fortunate to stumble upon my Audi at 39,000 miles, about a year ago. The price was right, about $8k - and it's in pristine condition sans a few scratches on exterior. Due to age of this car I had some initial problems as it had not been run like the daily driver it is today. Fortunately, I found an indie mechanic who kept price of replacing timing kit, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and water pump far below Dealer/repair shop estimates. Since completion of two repair visits the A6 has been a dream to drive. While not the fastest car on the road, it certainly feels like the most solid and safe. I also love the lines of it even though it's a wagon. Just recently I found the automatic mirror adjustment feature. This must have been quite a new innovation in 1996. I'm delighted to have found this function from a friend who pressed one of the buttons on dash next to rear mirror icons. While I see many new Audi wagons on the road, most are the A4s. As an A6 Quattro owner, I feel lucky to have discovered this super low mileage vintage."

I will die befor this car does (i just turned 50)

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "tight steering/handling, gas mileage, looks"

Cons: "they stopped making this model in 97"

"Best stock sound system, ice cold air, hauled bricks/kayaks,granite, family of 7, 87 octane, change oil every 12k, tires, orig brakes, replaced battery and timing chain once"

great car but pricey to fix

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "great in New England weather, comfortable"

Cons: "kind of expensive to fix"

"I bought this as a "kids" car 5 years ago with 60K, but ended up driving it myself since I only use it to go to the commuter rail, it just hit 100K, its great in the snow, and after 16 years still looks great, they used high quality materials, I had to finally put in about $2300 for all new brakes, rotors, capilars, and a complete tune up including oxygen sensors, etc...but it seems to run like new again. Not really fast but super reliable & comfortable and like i said can cut thru snow with no problems. The 1997 looks nice too, not too rounded or wedge like. I had a 96 A6 wagon before with 200K on it before it bit the dust, hope this goes another 10 years."

A German tank

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

"I have put over 140k on this car since buying it used in 2006. A true workhorse, reliable, with minimal $'s spent, save for oil changes. A bit underpowered, but who cares? Audi's best in my option."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A6 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for