2014 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,726 - $37,180.

10/8.4

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Great ride (if you can afford it)

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "handling, styling, comfort"

Cons: "back seat space, cost"

"I'm a car guy and family man...but car guy first! Okay, not really, but I've owned a number of cars and seem to buy a new one every couple of years. In the past 10 years I've owned two Dodge Vipers, a C5 and Z06 Corvette, a CTS-V Cadillac, and right before I purchased my Audi A5 back in 2010, a GMC Acadia (okay SUV but I wish I had gotten the AWD drivetrain). Of all the cars I've owned I've enjoyed driving the A5 S-line the most! Is it the fastest car ever? No. But it's a car that does everything well. It looks great, handles great, rides very well, is comfortable, well appointed interior, and while the price tag is my only complaint (in comparison to comperable BMW and Mercedes), I've now owned it for 3 years and have ZERO complaints. I still enjoy driving it as much now as I did when I first bought it."

Doesn't Disappoint

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"I am enjoying my ownership experience with my A5. I am getting used to people passing on the highway with cellphone in hand taking pics of my car. Shod with dunlop snows the car is very controllable in the snowy icy weather here in the North East. comfortable, can handle my 2.5 hour commute without backache. Only problem is I have been pulled over by policemen too often, I swear they pull me over because they want a closer look of the hot red couple. I was looking for a all wheel drive coupe with room for the kids and I could not be happier."

Too Many Problems

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"I have the 2010 A5 2.0 Premium package. Have already had it in for the vibration above 60mph and the dealer 'couldn't duplicate' the problem after they drove it for 3 minutes. Then I had to have a window regulator replaced. A week later the fuel pump and several corresponsponding parts went out. In addition, there are several paint chips where the overcoat is painted but no color was ever there - obviously quality contrlo issue. I waited for a long time for this car and AUDI has NO concept of customer service. Not worth it at all....."

Own the 2011 Prestige

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "gorgeous vehicle, unique to the road"

"I've driven everything from Porsche to BMW to Jeep and this by far is the most stylish and fun car...no kidding, I get daily compliments from folks...and I live in Boston!"

This car's a keeper!

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I bought my A5 turbo convertible in November and am madly in love! Dark blue with blue roof, light grey leather interior, when I park or stop at a red light, people say "nice car!". And not only is it easy on the eyes, it is a joy to drive. It hugs the road on the tightest of curves and purrs through its 8 speeds in sport mode. And the bose sound is incomparable, even with the roof down. I've owned many cars over the years, including convertible sports cars; this is the first I can say I plan to keep for a long, long time."

Best Audi I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling and craftsmanship."

Cons: "Stock Pirelli tires are poor"

"I bought this car in 2009. This vehicle drives like a dream. It is super comfortable and is a great road car. Superior handling in all conditions. However, the Pirelli tires that came with it are less than adequate in winter driving and snow tires are necessary, not to mention that I have blown 2 of them out from raod conditions. A first in my 35 years of driving. Seat support is excellent. I love the agressive styling, it really turns peoples heads. The only complaint I had with the 2010 model is that Audi kind of cheaped out on some little accesories I had come to love on my older Audis, like auto dimming mirrors and compass. You had to spend another $8k to get them. Overall, one of the best looking convertibles on the market, and I think much more handsome than anything BMW has out there."

great car-always gets complements

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great looks."

Cons: "ideal for 2 passengers, back seats a bit tight."

"Has been a great car and often get complements admiring the looks of the car. Only downside is two door when you have a family of 3. Next car will be the Audi A7 4 door, but will miss the A5"

BMW Killer

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Killer may be an overstatement, but it's a fantastic alternative to the BMW. I feel it fits somewhere between the 3 series and 6 series and therefore the price seems to be a fair value. $40K isn't exactly inexpensive. The styling is aggressive and masculine. The ride is sporty and assured. The back seats are big enough for my small children. Three months later, I'm still in love with this car! I've owned various upscale cars and the current Audi design trend seems to be the most sophisticated and most likely to become a classic."

Amazing car - pleasure to own and drive daily

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"One of the finest cars on the road today from a design and quality perspective. Amazing highway mpg too @ 30 mpg!! Nav and bang and olufsen are a must."

Amazing all-around Coup

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"After test driving multiple other vehicles in the same class (BMW & Mercedes), this car definitely is better quality. Although it lacks some performance that an equivelent BMW might have, it more than makes up in style, comfort, and interior cabin quality. However, it can still hold it's own on the race track, as I have taken mine on the Nurburgring. I recommend this car to anyone!"