2014 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,122 - $36,607.

10/8.4

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

best car ever

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"3.2ltr V6, 6 sp manual trans, side assist, nav, ride select, b&o sound and premium pkg. smoothest drive train and 25+ mpg overall with plenty of torque in every gear. love driving this car. handling and ride are just perfect as is the comfort high quality everything though i would prefer touch sreen nav. quietest car i've driven. we are car people and owned many fine cars over the years, but this one is the best!"

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."

Audi GrandSlam

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"Live in Germany and ordered my 2010 A5 2.0T 6 Speed Prestige in Aruba Blue and Linen Beige Milano Leather. I order the car loaded with the Almond Beige Ash Trim that looks great, and Driver Assist and Drive Select Packages. The leg room beats out the Jag. XF, Corvette, Merc E350 Coupe, and many other I was considering. The 211 horses mated to the Manual 6, is plenty to keep up with the other vehicles on the Autobahn. The ability to simply walk up to my A5 and never touch my key as I drive off, Priceless. I rented the S-Line package before purchasing and can say the seating is definitely more comfortable and an overall better vehicle without it. Some have commented “Audi hit a homerun with this car”, they may have understated it, I believe a “Grandslam” is a bit more accurate. I will be keeping this car with no real reason to look at a replacement, until Audi makes significant changes."

Great car

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "F U N to drive and a real head turner"

"I love this car. I am constantly receiving compliments on it. I drove from Calif to NY and back last summer. The car was a pleasure to drive. I would keep it a lot longer except for needing a back seat with leg room...the only thing lacking in this car. The trunk is amazingly large...I can fit 12 grocery bags in it with no problem."

A Treasure to Keep

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"At first I didn’t want to recommend this car to anyone because I wanted to keep it all for myself. The Audi A5 is a phenomenal vehicle. Previous cars owned and compared to include the BMW 3 Series, and Mercedes CLK; however, there is no comparison to the feeling of reliability and responsiveness the Audi A5 delivers. It is an all-around uber-vehicle by bringing style, performance, and practicality to the road. I’ve driven the car for almost six months in Colorado which means: summer, fall, and winter and it handles well in all weather conditions, on the plains and in the mountains. It’s easy to see why it’s impossible to find even a used 2008 model for sale by a private party. Having bought it off the showroom floor, I won’t be selling this car for a long while."

Not so much....

By on Monday, October 04, 2010

"Was so excited to get this car. It was great for the first 4 months, apart from the awful noise it made on a cold start, which I was told was a secondary air pump and that it was a "characteristic" of the car...have to live with that daily..major design/engineering flaw. After 5000mile sevice and tire rotation, noticed a significant vibration at >60mph. Still unable to determine the cause. Also had a sticky fuel door and a rattling moonroof which were fixed, but still annoyances. Very disappointing for a vehicle with this reputation and price tag. My Lincoln was quieter and smoother.. I am dreading what problems may come.."

Simply Perfect CAR!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Pros: Led lights, MMI, Body style, B&O sound system, Dash board and many more ... Cons: sunroof doesn't open full, and head room is bit small but over all its perfect. Suggestion: A5 is better than S5 when it comes to value. One more this i got know is A5 cost less on insurance than S5 almost 15% less."

Great Car - Bad Nav

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, beauty"

Cons: "Nav"

"This car is amazing to drive, the B&O audio is wonderful but the Nav system is terrible. It has been in three times and it is yet to be fixed. The latest is a new software fix is coming but who knows when. They know about this issue as it happens in A4, A5 and Q5 because they have the same Nav system in them."

Phenomenal!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "comfortable,quality interior quick accel."

"I have owned over the years, BMWs and Mercedes and truthfully neither manufacturer can produce as smooth riding, and comfortable a car as the Audi 5. A friend recommended I try one out and I am indebted to that friend. Love everything about it from the quality interior to the smooth lines of the exterior. I, too, have been stopped by people admiring it. I have the convertible and it is so street quiet with the top up I couldn't believe it. My BMW conv. was very noisy."