2009 Audi A5

Based on 93 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Must Fight Off thee Kids for Use of Car

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "The looks, agility, turbo assist, and the traction"

Cons: "Unfriendly to the 3rd and 4th passengers."

"I will be honest. I bought this car because I wanted a plaything that is not overly expensive. That plus I appreciate simple elegance in just about anything and the A5 definitely has it. I ordered a unit with the things I wanted especially a manual transmission and I took a gamble on the color – not knowing what “utopia blue” would really look like. I believe I won the gamble. The color adds to the understated beauty of the car. I’ve lost track of the number of compliments I have received on the car’s looks. The car is nimble and responsive like most German-brand vehicles and does not have the mushy feel of other cars. Given where we live, we appreciate what Quattro provides in the winter – traction. And having the 4-cylinder turbo-assisted engine gives me the right mix of confidence and fun while driving in town or on the highway. But beware, you may have to fight off your kids who will want to drive it every chance they get. The cons have to do with the size of the interior as one would expect. The car is very comfortable for the driver and the passenger once you’ve mastered the art of coming in and out of a low vehicle. But if you want to give a third or fourth person a ride, you will almost have to apologize for what you are putting them through getting in and out of the car and while sitting in the cramped back seat. So the lesson is that this is a car for just you and your significant other to enjoy. The trunk has ample space but if you are a power shopper, storage can be a challenge. That is why my wife drives an Audi Q5 for her daily use instead. And for long-distance driving, it is not as utilitarian although it is still a lot of fun. But that is why we have a much larger SUV just for long trips. So far, the A5 has been reliable and trouble free although it’s only been 16,000 miles. The same can be said of my wife’s Q5. So if you don’t mind your kids calling it Daddy’s toy, I can highly recommend the A5. It will not disappoint."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."

Great Car - Bad Nav

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, beauty"

Cons: "Nav"

"This car is amazing to drive, the B&O audio is wonderful but the Nav system is terrible. It has been in three times and it is yet to be fixed. The latest is a new software fix is coming but who knows when. They know about this issue as it happens in A4, A5 and Q5 because they have the same Nav system in them."

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A5 near Honolulu. See local deals