2009 Audi A5

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Ausgezeichnet!

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"This model looks like an R8 in someone's rear-view mirror - the daytime running lights are really cool; it drives like a charm; the fit and finish of the A5 are as good as you'll find in this price category; this car was built for the Autobahn and performs pretty darn good on it as well. I got the manual gear box along with all leather interior (a must in my opinion). The standard audio is just fine; I use a portable Tom-Tom due to my travels - but the navigation system is pretty good so I hear. The Bluetooth and MMI are first rate and very simple to operate. The only problem so far has been with the Homelink system. This car is a real head-turner and really fun to drive. If you can find one buy it. No hestitation. I chose this over a similar BMW (335xi coupe) and Infiniti C37."

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

best car ever

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"3.2ltr V6, 6 sp manual trans, side assist, nav, ride select, b&o sound and premium pkg. smoothest drive train and 25+ mpg overall with plenty of torque in every gear. love driving this car. handling and ride are just perfect as is the comfort high quality everything though i would prefer touch sreen nav. quietest car i've driven. we are car people and owned many fine cars over the years, but this one is the best!"

Way over engineered, however it is a fantastic car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Looks, driving and handling"

Cons: "premium gasoline, complicated components"

"This car is the Audi A5 convertible all wheel drive. Cars like Audi, BMW and Mercedes are way way over engineered. Way to comlicated or more so than has to be. How ever the driving and looks of this car are incredible. Before purchasing the A5 I looked very hard at the Camero and Mustang. Each looked great and the horse power was far superior to the A5. How ever, how fast do you always want to go from stop light to stop light ? If that is your mission buy the Camero or Mustang. How ever if you want the best looking convertible on the planet and probably the best driving experience you'll ever experience, buy the Audi A5. One other factor to consider is check to see what a 3 year Camero or Mustang is worth compared to a 3 year old A5. As I mentioned before, everything from the heater A/C, to the radio and Nav are extremely complicated. If you don't mind taking the time to learn the workings of this car, you will enjoy a whole new driving experience."

Audi GrandSlam

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"Live in Germany and ordered my 2010 A5 2.0T 6 Speed Prestige in Aruba Blue and Linen Beige Milano Leather. I order the car loaded with the Almond Beige Ash Trim that looks great, and Driver Assist and Drive Select Packages. The leg room beats out the Jag. XF, Corvette, Merc E350 Coupe, and many other I was considering. The 211 horses mated to the Manual 6, is plenty to keep up with the other vehicles on the Autobahn. The ability to simply walk up to my A5 and never touch my key as I drive off, Priceless. I rented the S-Line package before purchasing and can say the seating is definitely more comfortable and an overall better vehicle without it. Some have commented “Audi hit a homerun with this car”, they may have understated it, I believe a “Grandslam” is a bit more accurate. I will be keeping this car with no real reason to look at a replacement, until Audi makes significant changes."

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."

Run, don't walk away from this money pit

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful to look at."

Cons: "Weak soft top. Oil leaks. Huge repair bills."

"Beautiful car inside and out but a quality nightmare. I have done all scheduled maintenance and in 14 months spent $10,000 on repairs. Bad soft top, oil leaks. I regret buying it. Soft top leaks when it rains. Turbo makes no difference. It is still a V4. I cannot wait to get rid of it."

Great car

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "F U N to drive and a real head turner"

"I love this car. I am constantly receiving compliments on it. I drove from Calif to NY and back last summer. The car was a pleasure to drive. I would keep it a lot longer except for needing a back seat with leg room...the only thing lacking in this car. The trunk is amazingly large...I can fit 12 grocery bags in it with no problem."

A Treasure to Keep

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"At first I didn’t want to recommend this car to anyone because I wanted to keep it all for myself. The Audi A5 is a phenomenal vehicle. Previous cars owned and compared to include the BMW 3 Series, and Mercedes CLK; however, there is no comparison to the feeling of reliability and responsiveness the Audi A5 delivers. It is an all-around uber-vehicle by bringing style, performance, and practicality to the road. I’ve driven the car for almost six months in Colorado which means: summer, fall, and winter and it handles well in all weather conditions, on the plains and in the mountains. It’s easy to see why it’s impossible to find even a used 2008 model for sale by a private party. Having bought it off the showroom floor, I won’t be selling this car for a long while."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A5 near Honolulu. See local deals