• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Audi A5

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great handling, corners like on rails

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Sports car fun-like to drive!"

Cons: "Lack of leg room for back seat passengers."

"Fast for size of engine. More fun car than my 1991 BMW 850 that I also bought new."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Looks and drives great."

Cons: "Slightly underpowered for the price"

"Great car. Has everything anyone could want. My only two complaints are the power and climbing in and out of the car. Good quick car, but very low horsepower compared to many cars on the market for the same or less money. On the up side it gets very good milage considering. Average 28-32 MPG at hwy speeds. The only other complaint is, like most sporty cars it can be a little difficult to get in and out of due to the lower driving position. Otherwise it a an incredible car that really stands out from the crowd. Lots of BMW's out there, but not a lot of A5's."

Satisfied

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"The 2010 A5 2.0T is wonderful. I have owned this automobile for 4 months now and can see myself being satisfied for quite some time. I brought the car loaded with Blue Tooth, Nav, and Leather. It is a little on the tight side. The 211 horses are okay, but next time I will opt for the 3.2 or larger. I have a need for speed. Audi hit a home run with this car. They are hard to find and I hope they keep it that way."

Way over engineered, however it is a fantastic car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Looks, driving and handling"

Cons: "premium gasoline, complicated components"

"This car is the Audi A5 convertible all wheel drive. Cars like Audi, BMW and Mercedes are way way over engineered. Way to comlicated or more so than has to be. How ever the driving and looks of this car are incredible. Before purchasing the A5 I looked very hard at the Camero and Mustang. Each looked great and the horse power was far superior to the A5. How ever, how fast do you always want to go from stop light to stop light ? If that is your mission buy the Camero or Mustang. How ever if you want the best looking convertible on the planet and probably the best driving experience you'll ever experience, buy the Audi A5. One other factor to consider is check to see what a 3 year Camero or Mustang is worth compared to a 3 year old A5. As I mentioned before, everything from the heater A/C, to the radio and Nav are extremely complicated. If you don't mind taking the time to learn the workings of this car, you will enjoy a whole new driving experience."

Ausgezeichnet!

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"This model looks like an R8 in someone's rear-view mirror - the daytime running lights are really cool; it drives like a charm; the fit and finish of the A5 are as good as you'll find in this price category; this car was built for the Autobahn and performs pretty darn good on it as well. I got the manual gear box along with all leather interior (a must in my opinion). The standard audio is just fine; I use a portable Tom-Tom due to my travels - but the navigation system is pretty good so I hear. The Bluetooth and MMI are first rate and very simple to operate. The only problem so far has been with the Homelink system. This car is a real head-turner and really fun to drive. If you can find one buy it. No hestitation. I chose this over a similar BMW (335xi coupe) and Infiniti C37."

Run, don't walk away from this money pit

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful to look at."

Cons: "Weak soft top. Oil leaks. Huge repair bills."

"Beautiful car inside and out but a quality nightmare. I have done all scheduled maintenance and in 14 months spent $10,000 on repairs. Bad soft top, oil leaks. I regret buying it. Soft top leaks when it rains. Turbo makes no difference. It is still a V4. I cannot wait to get rid of it."

Spectacular!

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "beautiful styling, great acceleration, great mpg"

Cons: "factory tires and back seat ingress and egress"

"Every now and then a truly beautiful car is produced by someone.... The Jaguar XKE comes closest to this car...(I have owned 4 of them..) This is my second A5, it is a 2013. Last was a 2012. I buy a new car every year and put about $20,000 miles per year on them. It's a FABULOUS CAR! It exceeded my expectations for handling and acceleration and has averaged around 25mpg even though I red line it daily with a manual transmission! I do recommend the heated seats and I recommend you change the factory tires to a high speed tire with thicker side walls.. I bought Kumho tires and the handling is now UNREAL!"

Best high end everyday car you can buy!

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "only converti w/ rear drop seats"

Cons: "slightly underpowered compared to the competition!"

"I was in the market for a convertible vehicle and came across this. I compared many cars and narrowed it down to the A5 s-line prestige quattro cabriolet. Unlike the competition this car gets close to 30 mpg (others ranged in the high teens to low 20's). Also living in NY I needed an all wheel drive. This is the only 4 seat convertible to have all wheel drive. next since it is my everyday car i needed a big trunk and this has the largest in the market and is the only convertible to have rear drop seats. Finally, the s-line package makes the car look amazing. all in all this car is the nicest car out there. Plus the drive is amazing. the car handles like a porsche (one of my previous vehicles, so i can speak from experience). The only issue I have is the 0-60 speed. its a little slower than i would like but the smaller engine gives me the better gas mileage. As a commuter that was something i was looking for. If you want more power go for the s5 but you will spend more to service the vehicle, more when replacing the brakes and more for insurance as well as get a lower mpg."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable fuel economy, and a beautiful car."

"This is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I've never owned a car that got this much attention. People constantly coming up and asking me about it. The biggest surprise is the consistant 35 mpg I get on the highway at speeds up to 80 mph. At slower speeds (65-75) I get as much as 37 mpg. This is with the 3.2 6 cylinder engine. Not to mention the great handling. A fabulous automobile!"

best car ever

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"3.2ltr V6, 6 sp manual trans, side assist, nav, ride select, b&o sound and premium pkg. smoothest drive train and 25+ mpg overall with plenty of torque in every gear. love driving this car. handling and ride are just perfect as is the comfort high quality everything though i would prefer touch sreen nav. quietest car i've driven. we are car people and owned many fine cars over the years, but this one is the best!"

Audi GrandSlam

By on Monday, August 30, 2010

"Live in Germany and ordered my 2010 A5 2.0T 6 Speed Prestige in Aruba Blue and Linen Beige Milano Leather. I order the car loaded with the Almond Beige Ash Trim that looks great, and Driver Assist and Drive Select Packages. The leg room beats out the Jag. XF, Corvette, Merc E350 Coupe, and many other I was considering. The 211 horses mated to the Manual 6, is plenty to keep up with the other vehicles on the Autobahn. The ability to simply walk up to my A5 and never touch my key as I drive off, Priceless. I rented the S-Line package before purchasing and can say the seating is definitely more comfortable and an overall better vehicle without it. Some have commented “Audi hit a homerun with this car”, they may have understated it, I believe a “Grandslam” is a bit more accurate. I will be keeping this car with no real reason to look at a replacement, until Audi makes significant changes."

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."

Great car

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "F U N to drive and a real head turner"

"I love this car. I am constantly receiving compliments on it. I drove from Calif to NY and back last summer. The car was a pleasure to drive. I would keep it a lot longer except for needing a back seat with leg room...the only thing lacking in this car. The trunk is amazingly large...I can fit 12 grocery bags in it with no problem."

A Treasure to Keep

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"At first I didn’t want to recommend this car to anyone because I wanted to keep it all for myself. The Audi A5 is a phenomenal vehicle. Previous cars owned and compared to include the BMW 3 Series, and Mercedes CLK; however, there is no comparison to the feeling of reliability and responsiveness the Audi A5 delivers. It is an all-around uber-vehicle by bringing style, performance, and practicality to the road. I’ve driven the car for almost six months in Colorado which means: summer, fall, and winter and it handles well in all weather conditions, on the plains and in the mountains. It’s easy to see why it’s impossible to find even a used 2008 model for sale by a private party. Having bought it off the showroom floor, I won’t be selling this car for a long while."

Simply Perfect CAR!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Pros: Led lights, MMI, Body style, B&O sound system, Dash board and many more ... Cons: sunroof doesn't open full, and head room is bit small but over all its perfect. Suggestion: A5 is better than S5 when it comes to value. One more this i got know is A5 cost less on insurance than S5 almost 15% less."

Great Car - Bad Nav

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Ride, comfort, beauty"

Cons: "Nav"

"This car is amazing to drive, the B&O audio is wonderful but the Nav system is terrible. It has been in three times and it is yet to be fixed. The latest is a new software fix is coming but who knows when. They know about this issue as it happens in A4, A5 and Q5 because they have the same Nav system in them."

Phenomenal!

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "comfortable,quality interior quick accel."

"I have owned over the years, BMWs and Mercedes and truthfully neither manufacturer can produce as smooth riding, and comfortable a car as the Audi 5. A friend recommended I try one out and I am indebted to that friend. Love everything about it from the quality interior to the smooth lines of the exterior. I, too, have been stopped by people admiring it. I have the convertible and it is so street quiet with the top up I couldn't believe it. My BMW conv. was very noisy."

I love my A5

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful, get tons of compliments"

Cons: "sunroof doesn't open"

"I'm a die hard Audi lover because everything they make is just so quality and the A5 is just the same! It's stylish, built well, safe and amaaazing"

best overall car

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Looks great, drives great, and B&O sound system is the BEST. 3.2 A5 is the value. If you get excited about driving, this car is for you."

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"Wasnt originally in the market but it caught my eye. Unique looking and very classy. Neighbor has a Porsche 911 turbo and drove to my house to look at my a5. Nice appointments and even with just the B&O and AMI I'm happy. Performance is good when you get it in the power band otherwise drives in an unassuming manner. First auto I've purchased in a while but it is responsive."

Near perfect

By on Monday, August 11, 2008

"I've owned this vehicle about 4 months and I like it more now than when I first drove off the lot. Styling is the easily it's strongest suit very closely followed by excellent built quality and great comfort. It's more of a Grand Touring coupe than an all out sports car. Having said that, it keeps up with it's competition from BMW and Infiniti competently. it certainly runs circles around anything Audi has available with the exception of the S cars. Additional highlights include the outstanding Bang & Olufsen sound system and the great ipod and bluetooth integration (perfect for the iphone). Overall a very solid package with few compromises. If i were to wish for something more, it would be more ponies. At 265 bhp, it's decent. Then again, that's what the S5 is designed to do. All else aside, not a single day goes by without the styling and overall presence stirring comments, stares and inquiries. With such limited availability from Audi, being one of a select few A5/S5 owners is a new and positive experience for me."

First step up into premium vehicles and I love it

By on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Pros: "I love the Multimedia stem and the overall ride"

Cons: "back seats are not comfortable"

"I owned a 2000 Audi A4 which wit regular servicing lasted me 10 years and 230,000 miles before I sold it to a friend of mine so I could buy this car. It was more than I was looking to spend initially, and I did test drive about 12 different cars. MY original intet was to get another A4, but the interior felt more cramped than my old version, I came close to gdetting a Ford Taurus SHO (I was surprised how nice that car was), then I brought a friend along with me test driving cars for his wife, and we decided to try out the A5. It isn't as quick off the line as my old A4 (It is a much heavier car), but the ride is much soother, the interior and creature comforts are amazing, and I get very good gas mileage so far."

Not so much....

By on Monday, October 04, 2010

"Was so excited to get this car. It was great for the first 4 months, apart from the awful noise it made on a cold start, which I was told was a secondary air pump and that it was a "characteristic" of the car...have to live with that daily..major design/engineering flaw. After 5000mile sevice and tire rotation, noticed a significant vibration at >60mph. Still unable to determine the cause. Also had a sticky fuel door and a rattling moonroof which were fixed, but still annoyances. Very disappointing for a vehicle with this reputation and price tag. My Lincoln was quieter and smoother.. I am dreading what problems may come.."

Great ride (if you can afford it)

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "handling, styling, comfort"

Cons: "back seat space, cost"

"I'm a car guy and family man...but car guy first! Okay, not really, but I've owned a number of cars and seem to buy a new one every couple of years. In the past 10 years I've owned two Dodge Vipers, a C5 and Z06 Corvette, a CTS-V Cadillac, and right before I purchased my Audi A5 back in 2010, a GMC Acadia (okay SUV but I wish I had gotten the AWD drivetrain). Of all the cars I've owned I've enjoyed driving the A5 S-line the most! Is it the fastest car ever? No. But it's a car that does everything well. It looks great, handles great, rides very well, is comfortable, well appointed interior, and while the price tag is my only complaint (in comparison to comperable BMW and Mercedes), I've now owned it for 3 years and have ZERO complaints. I still enjoy driving it as much now as I did when I first bought it."

Doesn't Disappoint

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"I am enjoying my ownership experience with my A5. I am getting used to people passing on the highway with cellphone in hand taking pics of my car. Shod with dunlop snows the car is very controllable in the snowy icy weather here in the North East. comfortable, can handle my 2.5 hour commute without backache. Only problem is I have been pulled over by policemen too often, I swear they pull me over because they want a closer look of the hot red couple. I was looking for a all wheel drive coupe with room for the kids and I could not be happier."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A5 near Honolulu. See local deals