• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Audi A5

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Run, don't walk away from this money pit

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful to look at."

Cons: "Weak soft top. Oil leaks. Huge repair bills."

"Beautiful car inside and out but a quality nightmare. I have done all scheduled maintenance and in 14 months spent $10,000 on repairs. Bad soft top, oil leaks. I regret buying it. Soft top leaks when it rains. Turbo makes no difference. It is still a V4. I cannot wait to get rid of it."

Great handling, corners like on rails

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Sports car fun-like to drive!"

Cons: "Lack of leg room for back seat passengers."

"Fast for size of engine. More fun car than my 1991 BMW 850 that I also bought new."

The NEW Luxury!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Everything about this car!!"

Cons: "Make sure you get new control arms"

"I love my Audi A5, I cant say enough positive things about it so I will list some pros 1) the MMI system, everything is seen on the screen.. Ipod music list, AC control, XM interface,phone is enabled through bluetooth 2) best looking car on the road, the sleek exterior, the interior, at night everything lights up reminds me of a space ship :).. This car always gets attention 3) speed and smooth ride, I have an S-line... It has sports suspension, which makes it a tighter drive.. With the V6 engine I will hit 105 within a couple of minutes and not even realize it... 4) B"

Wow, what a car!

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Prestige Edition is awesome. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Second cup holder is quite small. True 2 seat car"

"I own the Prestige Edition and it is simply amazing. It is a 2L Turbo and can't believe the performance and gas mileage is surprisingly high. Using the cruise control on the highway will net me 33mpg."

Great car

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "Looks and drives great."

Cons: "Slightly underpowered for the price"

"Great car. Has everything anyone could want. My only two complaints are the power and climbing in and out of the car. Good quick car, but very low horsepower compared to many cars on the market for the same or less money. On the up side it gets very good milage considering. Average 28-32 MPG at hwy speeds. The only other complaint is, like most sporty cars it can be a little difficult to get in and out of due to the lower driving position. Otherwise it a an incredible car that really stands out from the crowd. Lots of BMW's out there, but not a lot of A5's."

Satisfied

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"The 2010 A5 2.0T is wonderful. I have owned this automobile for 4 months now and can see myself being satisfied for quite some time. I brought the car loaded with Blue Tooth, Nav, and Leather. It is a little on the tight side. The 211 horses are okay, but next time I will opt for the 3.2 or larger. I have a need for speed. Audi hit a home run with this car. They are hard to find and I hope they keep it that way."

Way over engineered, however it is a fantastic car

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Looks, driving and handling"

Cons: "premium gasoline, complicated components"

"This car is the Audi A5 convertible all wheel drive. Cars like Audi, BMW and Mercedes are way way over engineered. Way to comlicated or more so than has to be. How ever the driving and looks of this car are incredible. Before purchasing the A5 I looked very hard at the Camero and Mustang. Each looked great and the horse power was far superior to the A5. How ever, how fast do you always want to go from stop light to stop light ? If that is your mission buy the Camero or Mustang. How ever if you want the best looking convertible on the planet and probably the best driving experience you'll ever experience, buy the Audi A5. One other factor to consider is check to see what a 3 year Camero or Mustang is worth compared to a 3 year old A5. As I mentioned before, everything from the heater A/C, to the radio and Nav are extremely complicated. If you don't mind taking the time to learn the workings of this car, you will enjoy a whole new driving experience."

Don't buy the 2.0T engine!

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Absolutely fun to drive, looks great."

Cons: "Poor Audi support, dealers very inconsistent."

"Bought this car with 52,000 miles on it. In 11,000 miles of driving, oil usage went from 1qt./1800 miles to 1 qt./650 miles!! Audi stonewalled us until the usage hit 650 miles. Replaced pistons and rings under warranty. Discovered that the water pump was leaking during rebuild. Based on sludge buildup, had been leaking since we purchased, and this was a fully certified Audi! Cost us $85 deductible. Five days after getting the car back from rebuild, it sat out overnight in an all night rain. The next morning, the driver's seat was soaked, door pocket full of water, floor soaked. While driving, a pencil sized stream of water was running onto my left leg. Back in the shop, top adjusted and re-insulated. Three days after top adjustment, started losing coolant. Took car in, new water pump gasket had a low spot, had to be replaced. In less than six months of ownership, this car was in the shop 15% of the time we owned it. Our only salvation was that the 3rd Audi dealer we went to fixed everything, and treated us like their own customer. If they were located where we lived, might buy another Audi. Otherwise, wouldn't touch one again."

Ausgezeichnet!

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"This model looks like an R8 in someone's rear-view mirror - the daytime running lights are really cool; it drives like a charm; the fit and finish of the A5 are as good as you'll find in this price category; this car was built for the Autobahn and performs pretty darn good on it as well. I got the manual gear box along with all leather interior (a must in my opinion). The standard audio is just fine; I use a portable Tom-Tom due to my travels - but the navigation system is pretty good so I hear. The Bluetooth and MMI are first rate and very simple to operate. The only problem so far has been with the Homelink system. This car is a real head-turner and really fun to drive. If you can find one buy it. No hestitation. I chose this over a similar BMW (335xi coupe) and Infiniti C37."

Spectacular!

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "beautiful styling, great acceleration, great mpg"

Cons: "factory tires and back seat ingress and egress"

"Every now and then a truly beautiful car is produced by someone.... The Jaguar XKE comes closest to this car...(I have owned 4 of them..) This is my second A5, it is a 2013. Last was a 2012. I buy a new car every year and put about $20,000 miles per year on them. It's a FABULOUS CAR! It exceeded my expectations for handling and acceleration and has averaged around 25mpg even though I red line it daily with a manual transmission! I do recommend the heated seats and I recommend you change the factory tires to a high speed tire with thicker side walls.. I bought Kumho tires and the handling is now UNREAL!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A5 near Honolulu. See local deals