2015 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,662 - $37,771.

10/7.4

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Fantastic, well-engineered automobile

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Fun to Drive, Looks, Comfort, MPG"

"I purchased a new, 2011 Audi A4 two years ago. This is, by far, the best automobile I have ever owned. Every aspect of this car feels "right." The German engineering is obvious, from the dials and buttons on the driver's console, to the layout of the steering wheel. This car is incredibly quick for a 2-liter 4 cylinder engine. I often find myself doing +80mph as I merge onto the expressway to go to work in the morning! This car drives like it is on rails. The automatic 8-speed tranny is absolutely wonderful. The dual-clutch system works flawlessly as you accelerate, and even as you slow to approach a red light, the transmission downshifts smoothly and at the exact right moment. The cost to maintain an Audi is a little higher than typical American cars, but I only need to bring it in every 10,000 miles. I haven't done the math, but it probably works out equally in the long run. This is my first turbo, and it did take a little getting used to. The car does suffer from turbo-lag when driving around the city... But this is a heavy four-door car, with a small 2.0 liter engine, so it is to be expected. The turbo kicks in after about a second (it feels like you are letting the clutch out in a manual) and when it kicks in, hold on! This is a terrific car, and I am now a devoted Audi owner!"

Brakes and burning oil

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Car is pretty"

Cons: "Burns oil, tires, brakes and rotors."

"The car is fun to drive. The maintenance costs are to ridiculous. The car constantly burns oil which the maintenance service contract does not cover. And you have to change the brakes and rotors at 30k. My lease was for 35,000 miles. When I refused to change the brakes and rotors, they told me I will be dinged for it when I return the vehicle. Basically they want me to pay $800+ to drive 5k more. I have never been in a car that needs to change the brakes at 30k. And all I do are leases. Cars pretty but constantly spending on synthetic oil to top off every 1k to 1.5k miles. I had to buy 4 new set of tires at 20k. But I average about 28 mpg. All this does not add up."

Sporty sophistication

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!!"

Cons: "I got a speeding ticket :("

"This is the best vehicle that I have owned! It is so much fun to drive and is absolutley beautiful!There is not a missed detail! It has the power of a larger engine, but still uses the gas of a smaller one!"

smooth, powerful engine

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"the turbos kick in smoothly and develop power quickly. Everyone thinks it has a V-6 due to the power surge. The predicted gas mileage is not correct, I always get less than the predicted but on a 510 mile leg, I did get slightly over 34 mpg whereas the predictor said I was getting 38. The back up camera is fantastic...it is partially infared in that even in the dark, you can see clearly behind you and, as you turn the wheels, it predicts where you will end up...Overall, the car is better than I expected and I expected a lot!"

One of the best cars I have owned

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Great 2 liter turbo engine"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I've had BMW 3s and 5, Mercedes C, never owned an Audi until now. I can say it belongs in the same class as the other 2 top german marques. Great to drive. One marvellous engine for a 4 cylinder. Tried the new BMW 3 series 4 cylinder, thought the BMW's was a little better ... smoother and more low end torque. Overall, the A4 is a wonderful car. No regrets buying it."