2014 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,750 - $32,634.

10/7.5

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

A Fun Sports Car

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "Ride, comfort, looks, handling, fun factor, great audio."

Cons: "A bit o' turbo lag."

Open air experience.

"I purchased my 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio as a CPO. I was drawn to it by the low mileage that, combined with the fact it was a CPO gave me a practically new car with plenty of warranty left over. My car had the Audicare maintenance package, though the dealership tried to sell me another package anyways (never trust the salesman - always do your homework). After years of driving economy cars and pickup trucks, the Audi is a blast. I use it for my daily commute and have had the top down every day that it wasn't too cold and/or rainy except a few times when the mercury hit 98 degrees. The ride, comfort and handling are excellent. It has plenty of get up and go, but don't expect to win any drag races - there's just enough turbo lag to keep the 0-60 time from getting as low as I would like. With the top up it is surprisingly quiet, and with the top down even the wind rush is not very loud. There's obviously more road noise with the top down, but it all seems to come from other vehicles rather than from the Audi itself. Fortunately, the stereo it up to the task of drowning that noise out. The trunk space is generous for a cabriolet of this size and can be increased with the top up. And it is beautiful. When fueling I have had Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Camaro owners stop to comment on it. I read several other reviews that mentioned that the car burned a lot of oil and at least intimated that the dealerships were lying when they said that was normal. In fact the owner's manual states that you may need to add a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but that this can vary depending on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors from my experience is driving style. If you are constantly burying the gas pedal in the floor board - especially in sport mode - you will indeed burn more oil. On the other hand, if you are cruising normally and only using that extra power to accelerate into a break in traffic or to pass, you can easily go 5k without having to add oil. I also read several reviews that challenged the EPA mileage estimates and asserted that the computer readout for mileage was inaccurate. I too challenge the EPA estimates because I have EXCEEDED them several times, with my best mileage coming in at about 33 mpg. When I have taken the time to check, the computer readout of my mileage has been fairly accurate if not spot on. I think some folks just like to whine, or maybe they expect that the same driving habits that have them burning copious quarts of oil should still leave them with 30 mpg highway. I haven't had the car a year yet, but I have not had any major or minor maintenance issues. I expect that if I follow the regular maintenance routine in the manual, I should be able to avoid those for years to come (fingers crossed). Bottom line: this is a fun, nimble sports car. It has more pep than a Saab 9-3 and more comfort than any of the small BMW convertibles that I test drove. The comfort and luxury make long drives feel like extended good times and the fuel economy lets you do more driving and less fueling. (It seems this site ignores hard returns in the reviews, so sorry if this looks like a big run-on.)"

Open air experience.

smooth, powerful engine

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"the turbos kick in smoothly and develop power quickly. Everyone thinks it has a V-6 due to the power surge. The predicted gas mileage is not correct, I always get less than the predicted but on a 510 mile leg, I did get slightly over 34 mpg whereas the predictor said I was getting 38. The back up camera is fantastic...it is partially infared in that even in the dark, you can see clearly behind you and, as you turn the wheels, it predicts where you will end up...Overall, the car is better than I expected and I expected a lot!"

Favorite vehicle all time!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

One sweet Audi!

"I've owned a lot of vehicles from Cavalier, Corolla, Firebird, Trans Am, 3 Expeditions, and this Audi is hands down the most perfect car! The all wheel drive is better than my Ford Expedition in ice/snow! It's faster and handles better than my Trans Am! Audi is all vehicles"

One sweet Audi!

I LOVED THIS CAR

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Reason: job loss

Pros: "Very comfortable seats, fast, eye-catcher."

Cons: "Tires wore out too quickly."

"I just traded this car in after 2 years of ownership. Biggest mistake I ever made. My husband lost his job and I thought it would be best to cut back on expenses. But now I regret that, because in the long run, this car was excellent. The only down-side is the Prestige, S-line comes with performance summer tires and they would have needed to be replaced after only 2.5 years of ownership and the brakes in another year. But it's worth it if you can afford it. Digitial speedometer and cruise control that maintains speed even going down hill are awesome. Most comfortable car I've ever owned. Very sad to have traded it away."

See if you qualify for