2014 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,126 - $32,959.

10/7.5

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

sadly, not impressed

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "handling feels fantastic"

Cons: "to many to summerize"

"steering felt as if it was going from one notch to the next when turning, sometimes skipping a notch with no movement in the wheels. back up camera will freeze backing up and more often then not will not shut off after placing into drive and moving forward for 30+ min. gas estimate (on screen between gages) with full tank adds 100 more miles than what the car will actually get (even if all driving done on highway in optimal conditions.) has no sound proofing what so ever turning blue tooth hands free calls into a yelling match if a large truck has humming tires 200 meters up. windows will fog every time it rains and on nice days if a teardrop of water is inside the vehicle..."

Great car in all weather, especially in sunshine!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "sporty, fun to drive, comfortable, keep its value"

Cons: "Want another one now after 36 months!"

"I'm thrilled to drive this car and constantly get compliments on the color (Alpaca aka gold). This is a gem in the snow and on the highway. The Certified Pre-Owned has been serviced in Norwell, Mass since I bought it and I've had no troubles at all, just lots of smiles and fun! I'm ready to buy a newer model and recommend the Audi A4, A5 or S4 to anyone who appreciates a powerful, smooth, stylish and fun car to drive!"

Luxury at a good price

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "affordable luxury, sporty, quiet, fun"

Cons: "small front cup holders"

"I have had this car since delivered to me directly ordered from the factory. The car has elegance wrapped in an excellent sporty exterior. The car I have has the sport package so the suspension is a little stiffer but not overly uncomfortable even on the roughest of roads. It has handled everything from the German autobahn to the interstates from the port in Maryland and across the United States. The 2.0T engine delivers power although the turbo does not seem to pick it up until around 2900 RPM. The car is a comfortable ride whether just across town or heading in the Rockies hours away. The car has not had any issues other than it just developed a small vacuum leak on the exhaust that was easily found and fixed. The other item is the voice-to-navigation translation does not pick up well, have to dial in 7 out of 10 addresses which is tedious. Gas mileage matches the rated mileage as shown on the original sticker although mine is driven more in city type driving than highway. Out on the open winding roads the car is a dream to drive. It sticks to the pavement at all ranges available (did take it on some German roads up to the 130 mph speed limiter limit and road like driving 65 mph). Ride is firm but smooth. I would buy another one of these or another Audi for my next or even second car."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful to drive, great looks, room for my stuff"

Cons: "Didn't get the Side Assist feature,"

"Love the Brilliant Red color, combined with the attractive lines of an Audi Wagon, Lot's of pep, smooth driving, very comfortable, convenient in all ways. Very little servicing needed over about three years of ownership, and 38,000 miles. Excellent predictable handling when needed (e.g. avoiding sudden situations caused by another driver)."

Very enjoyable ride

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Always looking forward to driving it"

Cons: "Don't understand why bluetooth can't get music"

"After 12 years of driving a truck, this was the perfect car to buy. Only three months of driving made me forget about the truck. The premium plus with the s-line package are a good mix. The trunk space is plenty for us and many more. It's nice to adjust the lumbar support with a finger touch to your needs. We took it for a road trip to south Texas and got an average 31 mpg. Hope to get similar mileage as the car ages. I made a system alert, so I can enjoy the drive and prevent me from going too fast over the speed limit. This is the first time I write a review about anything because it's worth letting people know how good driving my first Audi feels like. Very enjoyable drive."

My 4th Audi A-4 & it did not let me down

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Burned 3 qrts of oil in 28.4K miles"

"I bought the Audi maintenance package & I had no hassle getting anything done to my vehicle. My only problem was driving the speed limit on the highway. It drives as well or better at 85 as at 35."

I love the vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "A little pricy but enjoyable to own."

Cons: "Would like more features for the money."

"I normally lease. This is the first leased vehicle I have purchased. Great fuel economy. Super to drive in the winter. Comfortable. Quiet. Looks great. Nice sound system. Uses some oil which was explained at purchase. Has a oil gage as part of the information system."

no problems

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "exceptional fun and no mechanical problems"

Cons: "pricey"

"Very low mileage and not problems so far, Versy satisfied..."

great touring car, safe for grandchildren & roomy

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "smooth floating shocks"

Cons: "too low to ground to exit smoothly sometimes"

"Great smooth driving sedan, seems to "float" on it's own when foot off gas. Roomy trunk for luggage or gardening supplies. Safe for children transport. Audi service loyal and helpful to the customer...finding warranties that I did not know existed!"

great car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"as good as a BMW"

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

Excellent. Great design. Quick

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"No structural damage. Cosmetic damage repaired. New windshield and almost new tires."

Mint Condition

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"Re locating to Seattle and do not need two cars. The car has been garaged and pampered the short time my wife has owned it (she is the original owner)"

My Black A4

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, mileage, interiors"

"Owning an Audi A4 is like a status symbol for some, however for me its a feeling of ecstasy and achievement every time I step into it. Its a wonderful car made for those who believes in driving something that adapts to their own style of driving. Such a car is an Audi A4 which gives you the freedom to drive according to the condition. Very reliable and accurate dynamics for every season, anywhere in world. All I can say is that people who have driven Audi can only tell you how precise is the handling and maneuvering of this car that gives an ultimate joy of driving !!"

better to get used A4 avant than New Subaru

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

"Came from a Subaru, horrible ride, noisy and the fuel economy was 7 mpg less than my A4.... Love this car! Blizzak winter tires make this a dream to drive on the snow. Seats are body hugging, great legroom, engine has great passing potential but easy on the fuel. Transmission is seamless and quiet. Its great looks and excellent ride make it my go to vehichle."

Very Comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"The overall car is very good. The headlights are expensive to replace, I have only had one of the headlights go bad on me. Also the rear speakers went out at 54000 miles. Also never use brass high pressure valve stem covers. They somehow welded themselves to my valve stems and I had to replace all 4 with their sensors which was approximately $400 just for those."

Worst Vehicle I've Owned

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "everything will break and you will pay for it"

"This car is the worst car I've ever owned. It spends more time in the shop then on the road and burns a quart of oil every 800 miles. And I'm not the only one!!! They've had to replace my pistons,the entire turbo assembly, wheel bearings (quattro is bad for wheel bearings I was told by Audi tech), door lock and oh and guess what... its $100 bucks for each repair every time you need something fixed under their CPO coverage. And the arm rest slides if your arm is on it when you're coming to a stop. That may not sound like a big deal but believe me its very annoying. And I just drove a 2014 Audi Q5 and same thing, the arm rest slid forward when I stopped at a light. Right then I told them I don't want it. The worst center console arm rest design in the world... hands down. I'm about to glue mine in one position"

a classy car fun to drive

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great interior/exterior finish"

Cons: "four areas need improvement"

"I have had this quattro 6-sp manuel for just over a year with 10k miles. It is a very handsome and classy car to drive. My overall experience has been very positive. four areas I think this Audi needs improvements: (1) first gear acceleration is slightly lagging. If you are hard on it, you can smell the gas burning; (2) I paid extra for the chrome exhaust pipes, however, it is now covered with black soot(?) deposit that can't be washed away. I don't know what is going to the environment as I certainly don't want to contribute anything bad. Possibly incomplete combustion?; (3) the audio system is not intuitive (even for an engineer like me!). I think the German engineers can do better than that to produce something much simplier to operate without reading manual or trial-and-error; (4) Redundant functional buttons for audio control making the panel and steering wheel area too busy and distractive. My advice is that one button, not two, does one thing only!"

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

worst car i even bought, already regretting

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "just look, interior & brand name"

Cons: "suspension, electrical work..many more"

"bough this car recently & already checking my options to trade-in & go for lexus or bmw or mb. A4 is great great disappointment. I am not any other car brand employee, i am frustrated owner of audi unfortunately. I think honda/toyota can do better than A4."

Well balanced

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, a joy to drive!"

Cons: "car burns oil"

"The all wheel drive is amazing. Even though there is no snow down here in Florida, it is a wonderful feature to have with all the slick wet roads down here from the summer monsoon rains. Rain doesnt even affect the handling. I don't think I've ever spun the tires since ive had it, no matter how hard i try, even in wet conditions. The ride is smooth and it almost even seems to steer itself through the curves. It has a lot of pep and is pretty quick, however, you arent going to beat most cars in a striaght line drag race. Save your money and buy a mustang or camaro if that's what you want. This car was built for comfort and handling. Not straight line speed. The car is very easy on the eyes and the interor is just as refined. The seats are genuine leather. Not that leatherette stuff you see in certain lower level luxury cars (cough acura cough cough). Only con is the car burns oil. It doesnt create any white smoke though. The oil just seems to disappear. I am told by Audi this is because the oil also helps cool the hot turbo charger and is then run through an oil cooler. The oil then seems to evaporate before it finds its way back into the case. Aside from having to spend an extra couple bucks on oil (which is the super duty full synteic Euro formual $10 per quart) the performance of the car does not seem to be affected. Just keep an eye on your oil light!! The all wheel drive is also hard on tires and the weight of the car coupled with it's performans is also hard on brake pads. I've already had to replace the tires and brakes at 25,000 miles. All in all, it's worth it!!"

Beautiful Design, fast, and safe

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful design, top safety pick. 0-60 (6.2sec.)"

Cons: "Averages 25.5 combo miles per gallon."

Parked at home

"I purchased this car in November 2009. We paid $54.694.00 including tax, license registration, Zurich protective shield for paint and leather interior, and prepaid the Maintenance package for 72.000 miles. Base price was $41,000.00. Audio, Bluetooth phone are all controlled from the steering wheel. It includes 2 sets of tires and wheels. Pirelli 18" all season and Continental conti sport 3 max performance Summer tires. We have both all rubber and carpet floor mats. Options: All wheel drive Quattro Prmium Plus package with 18" wheel option Sun roof, great Audi symphony stereo with Apple iPod connector in glove box. Many other features"

Parked at home

Brakes and burning oil

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Car is pretty"

Cons: "Burns oil, tires, brakes and rotors."

"The car is fun to drive. The maintenance costs are to ridiculous. The car constantly burns oil which the maintenance service contract does not cover. And you have to change the brakes and rotors at 30k. My lease was for 35,000 miles. When I refused to change the brakes and rotors, they told me I will be dinged for it when I return the vehicle. Basically they want me to pay $800+ to drive 5k more. I have never been in a car that needs to change the brakes at 30k. And all I do are leases. Cars pretty but constantly spending on synthetic oil to top off every 1k to 1.5k miles. I had to buy 4 new set of tires at 20k. But I average about 28 mpg. All this does not add up."

If you are looking for a fun ride, this is the car

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, fun to drive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "stiff leather seats ; limited trunk space"

"This is my second Audi A4. True luxury and a sporty drive define the car. Something great about the engineering is that it is solid and you don'e even notice even the tiniest vibration when stopped at a red light. The creature comforts are very pleasing including the 8 way power adjustable seats and the roomy cabin. What keeps me coming back to Audi is the German quality and the overall reliability. I know that it is well built and keeps me safe; I also find it to be a good value for the money!"

Nice design and ride from Ingolstadt Germany

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "CPO price/value, fun to drive, nice features"

Cons: "very small sunglass holder : )"

"This car has plenty of power and above avg fuel economy. Compare to the 2013 model and you'll see many of the features largely unchanged and a couple years ahead of other manufacturers. I have encountered a small oil consumption issue, but Audi service has been more than accomodating in fixing the problem. Sunglass holder is small. Did not come with auto-dimming/compass in mirror. In hindsight, I would recommend this vehicle and would buy again."