2012 Audi A4

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior/Exterior Styling, fun to drive, roomy."

Cons: "reliability."

It is a beauty.

"It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. It looks great and drives like a charm. But, reliability ironically became an issue as soon as the warranty expired. A few weeks after the warranty expired on my A4, it was in the shop at the Audi dealer for exactly one month and 3 days. But, Audi dealt with it well because they were great to me and my car and they gave me a ridiculously fast loner car. It was an Audi A6 3.0T with a supercharger. As mush fin as the A6 was, I still wanted my A4 back from the shop because I loved it that much. The Audi A4 has to be the best car that I have ever owned."

It is a beauty.

Very spirited car

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"09 A4 2.0T CVT Prem Plus Quartz Gry. Terrific styling with an equal balance of handling and performance to please the enthusist. MPG, saftey, features & opts are solid, only sedan w/ a D pillar. 2-Tone gray interior is best out of other sedans tested. Love the lane change tap w/ side mirror LED's. Multitronic CVT proves powerful, mechanical and engine notes (DFI techno) make me smile. All around a spirited and sporty car."

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals