2012 Audi A4

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

I love this car

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "So comfortable, easy to drive, economical"

"This car is very comfortable, easy to drive, and very economical. The only thing I pay for is the gas, oil, and servicing, which is not expensive at all. I love my car"

High quality and purposeful design.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, ageless styling inside and out"

Cons: "Engine moan under hard acceleration"

"I have been a great fan of the make from a young age. Ever since they brought over the 5000 model in the late 1970’s I knew I wanted to drive an Audi. While this is my sixth Audi; this is the first one I purchased new. I really appreciate the purposeful design of both the interior and exterior of the car. As many premium car designs seem to be filled with over the top design features that seem incongruent to the vehicle’s overall design esthetic, Audi designs make a statement that exudes purposeful elegance without unnecessary decoration. Some new premium cars look like they were designed by committee (especially Lexus and Mercedes Benz brands). Audi models, in general, have a cohesive design language that simultaneously maintains brand recognition while staying current and stylish in a competitive market. My current Audi is a Dakota Gray A4 Premium Plus with black/velvet beige interior. The combination is really striking although I’m not a great fan of the S-Line exterior trim that comes standard on the Premium Plus. There is simply no way to exit from the driver’s seat and not have your leg come in contact with the sill extension. This isn’t a problem with the car that has been just washed but after a drive in the rain, any road dirt on the sill will transfer on to your pant leg. The 2-liter turbocharged, 4 cylinder engine combined with the 8-speed Tiptronic transmission is a wonderful combination. The turbo engages with little lag and the car is very responsive to throttle input. So much so that I frequently find myself going well over the speed limit on the open highway with minimal road or mechanical noise. However, under hard acceleration, the engine moans more than it roars. This may be specific to this model as I have experienced this same engine in my old A3 and found the engine note to be much more assertive. I really appreciate the high level of quality throughout the interior. High grade soft trim combined with lovely wood (I selected layered oak) or metal touches, long a hallmark of the brand, combine to create a comfortable and elegant interior. I find that Audi’s take on infotainment systems to be very user friendly and I especially appreciate Audi Connect/internet hotspot feature. Voice command for navigation, Google and telephone are a big plus and the Bang & Olufsen sound system is quite impressive. The dealer I worked with provided excellent customer service. The sales representative was knowledgeable of the product and the history of the brand and never once did I feel harassed or pressured into making a purchase. Dealer service is professional and pain free and I highly recommend the Audi extended maintenance plan – Audi Care Plus (I negotiated this plan to be included free of charge as part of my vehicle purchase and the dealership made it happen). While a bit pricey upfront (about a $1200 or so depending on specific model), it provides bundled maintenance up to 75,000 miles at no additional cost that includes a free loaner car while mine is in the shop."

Engine feels rough.

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"Fast, responsive."

does everything well

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"Quality, performance and design in a great package"

The Un-wagon

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Fun & Excellent standard options"

Cons: "Limited trunk space; no full spare tire"

"The Avant has great handling and is well-powered. There is plenty of room for 4 adults although you could make 5 work. The trunk space is limited but has the ability to expand if you are willing to fold down the 60-40 split rear seats. Audi uses great materials throughout the A4 that feel very high-end. Overall, the Avant is a great car that offers the utility of a wagon, but the feel of a sportier sedan."

Best car ever

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, 8 speed transmission"

Cons: "Can't see around the driver in front of me"

"My first Audi was an 874KCSQ. LOVED that car. Had it 10 years, put 250K miles on it, sold it for $1000 and the new owner had it up over 100 on his drive to Ohio. Solid as a rock and handled like it was on rails. Waited 13 years for my next Audi. Researched and got the 2011 under the CPO plan. 8 spd Tiptronic tranny with all the bells and whistles. It had 48K on it and had a ring job done because of the oil consumption problem. Does not burn oil now. Flat out love this car...even more than the 87. All the controls are exactly where they should be, more than enough power, plenty of interior room (I'm 6' tall), good leg room, no blind spots, great brakes. Pretty much drive it as a standard. Much better power response and a lot more fun. According to the computer, gets an awesome 36 mpg when in cruise control on long drives and that's doing 80! Can't express how happy I am with this ride. Drive one...you'll know."

Great car in all weather, especially in sunshine!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "sporty, fun to drive, comfortable, keep its value"

Cons: "Want another one now after 36 months!"

"I'm thrilled to drive this car and constantly get compliments on the color (Alpaca aka gold). This is a gem in the snow and on the highway. The Certified Pre-Owned has been serviced in Norwell, Mass since I bought it and I've had no troubles at all, just lots of smiles and fun! I'm ready to buy a newer model and recommend the Audi A4, A5 or S4 to anyone who appreciates a powerful, smooth, stylish and fun car to drive!"

Luxury at a good price

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "affordable luxury, sporty, quiet, fun"

Cons: "small front cup holders"

"I have had this car since delivered to me directly ordered from the factory. The car has elegance wrapped in an excellent sporty exterior. The car I have has the sport package so the suspension is a little stiffer but not overly uncomfortable even on the roughest of roads. It has handled everything from the German autobahn to the interstates from the port in Maryland and across the United States. The 2.0T engine delivers power although the turbo does not seem to pick it up until around 2900 RPM. The car is a comfortable ride whether just across town or heading in the Rockies hours away. The car has not had any issues other than it just developed a small vacuum leak on the exhaust that was easily found and fixed. The other item is the voice-to-navigation translation does not pick up well, have to dial in 7 out of 10 addresses which is tedious. Gas mileage matches the rated mileage as shown on the original sticker although mine is driven more in city type driving than highway. Out on the open winding roads the car is a dream to drive. It sticks to the pavement at all ranges available (did take it on some German roads up to the 130 mph speed limiter limit and road like driving 65 mph). Ride is firm but smooth. I would buy another one of these or another Audi for my next or even second car."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful to drive, great looks, room for my stuff"

Cons: "Didn't get the Side Assist feature,"

"Love the Brilliant Red color, combined with the attractive lines of an Audi Wagon, Lot's of pep, smooth driving, very comfortable, convenient in all ways. Very little servicing needed over about three years of ownership, and 38,000 miles. Excellent predictable handling when needed (e.g. avoiding sudden situations caused by another driver)."

Very enjoyable ride

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Always looking forward to driving it"

Cons: "Don't understand why bluetooth can't get music"

"After 12 years of driving a truck, this was the perfect car to buy. Only three months of driving made me forget about the truck. The premium plus with the s-line package are a good mix. The trunk space is plenty for us and many more. It's nice to adjust the lumbar support with a finger touch to your needs. We took it for a road trip to south Texas and got an average 31 mpg. Hope to get similar mileage as the car ages. I made a system alert, so I can enjoy the drive and prevent me from going too fast over the speed limit. This is the first time I write a review about anything because it's worth letting people know how good driving my first Audi feels like. Very enjoyable drive."

My 4th Audi A-4 & it did not let me down

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Burned 3 qrts of oil in 28.4K miles"

"I bought the Audi maintenance package & I had no hassle getting anything done to my vehicle. My only problem was driving the speed limit on the highway. It drives as well or better at 85 as at 35."

I love the vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "A little pricy but enjoyable to own."

Cons: "Would like more features for the money."

"I normally lease. This is the first leased vehicle I have purchased. Great fuel economy. Super to drive in the winter. Comfortable. Quiet. Looks great. Nice sound system. Uses some oil which was explained at purchase. Has a oil gage as part of the information system."

no problems

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "exceptional fun and no mechanical problems"

Cons: "pricey"

"Very low mileage and not problems so far, Versy satisfied..."

great touring car, safe for grandchildren & roomy

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "smooth floating shocks"

Cons: "too low to ground to exit smoothly sometimes"

"Great smooth driving sedan, seems to "float" on it's own when foot off gas. Roomy trunk for luggage or gardening supplies. Safe for children transport. Audi service loyal and helpful to the customer...finding warranties that I did not know existed!"

great car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"as good as a BMW"

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

Excellent. Great design. Quick

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"No structural damage. Cosmetic damage repaired. New windshield and almost new tires."

Mint Condition

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"Re locating to Seattle and do not need two cars. The car has been garaged and pampered the short time my wife has owned it (she is the original owner)"

My Black A4

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, mileage, interiors"

"Owning an Audi A4 is like a status symbol for some, however for me its a feeling of ecstasy and achievement every time I step into it. Its a wonderful car made for those who believes in driving something that adapts to their own style of driving. Such a car is an Audi A4 which gives you the freedom to drive according to the condition. Very reliable and accurate dynamics for every season, anywhere in world. All I can say is that people who have driven Audi can only tell you how precise is the handling and maneuvering of this car that gives an ultimate joy of driving !!"

better to get used A4 avant than New Subaru

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

"Came from a Subaru, horrible ride, noisy and the fuel economy was 7 mpg less than my A4.... Love this car! Blizzak winter tires make this a dream to drive on the snow. Seats are body hugging, great legroom, engine has great passing potential but easy on the fuel. Transmission is seamless and quiet. Its great looks and excellent ride make it my go to vehichle."

Very Comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"The overall car is very good. The headlights are expensive to replace, I have only had one of the headlights go bad on me. Also the rear speakers went out at 54000 miles. Also never use brass high pressure valve stem covers. They somehow welded themselves to my valve stems and I had to replace all 4 with their sensors which was approximately $400 just for those."

Worst Vehicle I've Owned

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "everything will break and you will pay for it"

"This car is the worst car I've ever owned. It spends more time in the shop then on the road and burns a quart of oil every 800 miles. And I'm not the only one!!! They've had to replace my pistons,the entire turbo assembly, wheel bearings (quattro is bad for wheel bearings I was told by Audi tech), door lock and oh and guess what... its $100 bucks for each repair every time you need something fixed under their CPO coverage. And the arm rest slides if your arm is on it when you're coming to a stop. That may not sound like a big deal but believe me its very annoying. And I just drove a 2014 Audi Q5 and same thing, the arm rest slid forward when I stopped at a light. Right then I told them I don't want it. The worst center console arm rest design in the world... hands down. I'm about to glue mine in one position"

a classy car fun to drive

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great interior/exterior finish"

Cons: "four areas need improvement"

"I have had this quattro 6-sp manuel for just over a year with 10k miles. It is a very handsome and classy car to drive. My overall experience has been very positive. four areas I think this Audi needs improvements: (1) first gear acceleration is slightly lagging. If you are hard on it, you can smell the gas burning; (2) I paid extra for the chrome exhaust pipes, however, it is now covered with black soot(?) deposit that can't be washed away. I don't know what is going to the environment as I certainly don't want to contribute anything bad. Possibly incomplete combustion?; (3) the audio system is not intuitive (even for an engineer like me!). I think the German engineers can do better than that to produce something much simplier to operate without reading manual or trial-and-error; (4) Redundant functional buttons for audio control making the panel and steering wheel area too busy and distractive. My advice is that one button, not two, does one thing only!"

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

worst car i even bought, already regretting

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "just look, interior & brand name"

Cons: "suspension, electrical work..many more"

"bough this car recently & already checking my options to trade-in & go for lexus or bmw or mb. A4 is great great disappointment. I am not any other car brand employee, i am frustrated owner of audi unfortunately. I think honda/toyota can do better than A4."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals