2011 Audi A4

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

best car ever

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Pros: "great in summer and winter"

Cons: "Seats not super comfy for long road trips"

"Our dream car and we are not disappointed one bit. Its all that we hoped for and has been so much fun. Great in a heavy snow climate as well."

A Fun Sports Car

By on Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pros: "Ride, comfort, looks, handling, fun factor, great audio."

Cons: "A bit o' turbo lag."

Open air experience.

"I purchased my 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio as a CPO. I was drawn to it by the low mileage that, combined with the fact it was a CPO gave me a practically new car with plenty of warranty left over. My car had the Audicare maintenance package, though the dealership tried to sell me another package anyways (never trust the salesman - always do your homework). After years of driving economy cars and pickup trucks, the Audi is a blast. I use it for my daily commute and have had the top down every day that it wasn't too cold and/or rainy except a few times when the mercury hit 98 degrees. The ride, comfort and handling are excellent. It has plenty of get up and go, but don't expect to win any drag races - there's just enough turbo lag to keep the 0-60 time from getting as low as I would like. With the top up it is surprisingly quiet, and with the top down even the wind rush is not very loud. There's obviously more road noise with the top down, but it all seems to come from other vehicles rather than from the Audi itself. Fortunately, the stereo it up to the task of drowning that noise out. The trunk space is generous for a cabriolet of this size and can be increased with the top up. And it is beautiful. When fueling I have had Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Camaro owners stop to comment on it. I read several other reviews that mentioned that the car burned a lot of oil and at least intimated that the dealerships were lying when they said that was normal. In fact the owner's manual states that you may need to add a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but that this can vary depending on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors from my experience is driving style. If you are constantly burying the gas pedal in the floor board - especially in sport mode - you will indeed burn more oil. On the other hand, if you are cruising normally and only using that extra power to accelerate into a break in traffic or to pass, you can easily go 5k without having to add oil. I also read several reviews that challenged the EPA mileage estimates and asserted that the computer readout for mileage was inaccurate. I too challenge the EPA estimates because I have EXCEEDED them several times, with my best mileage coming in at about 33 mpg. When I have taken the time to check, the computer readout of my mileage has been fairly accurate if not spot on. I think some folks just like to whine, or maybe they expect that the same driving habits that have them burning copious quarts of oil should still leave them with 30 mpg highway. I haven't had the car a year yet, but I have not had any major or minor maintenance issues. I expect that if I follow the regular maintenance routine in the manual, I should be able to avoid those for years to come (fingers crossed). Bottom line: this is a fun, nimble sports car. It has more pep than a Saab 9-3 and more comfort than any of the small BMW convertibles that I test drove. The comfort and luxury make long drives feel like extended good times and the fuel economy lets you do more driving and less fueling. (It seems this site ignores hard returns in the reviews, so sorry if this looks like a big run-on.)"

Open air experience.

I would buy it again

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I absolutely love my car. I moved to the city, so I need to sell it, but I hate parting with it. It drives amazing in the snow and rain and I would recommend it to anyone. Comfortable, great sound system and quick pick up."

Don't Buy Audis

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I was a long time owner of Audi A4 and can definitely give good account of my experience because I drove this car for 6 years. My advice to those looking to buy is - if you plan to sell it by the time it reaches 4ok mileage, go ahead and buy it but if you plan to drive any longer, BEWARE. This car (and for that matter most of the German luxury cars) won't hold good resell value on long mileage. I absolutely loved my car when it did not have any issues and experience of driving was great. However, there are too many issues in this car and extremely expensive to maintain. I will give you some keywords that you can google yourself and find out yourself for Audi A4s - 1. TCM Problem (Tranmission Control Module/Unit) 2. PRND light blinking 3. Oil Sludge Problem 4. Alternator problem 5. Sensor (motion sensor) problem 6. Timing belt problem Be sure to look up these problems before buying. Each costs 1k-5k for the repair. I absolutely loved to drive this car but gave too many problems beyond 40k mileage."

Great Driving Experience, look deeper though

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

"First off, let me say that yes, this is a terrific car to drive. It does not have much power, but once the turbo kicks in it is great! The legendary Quattro makes you feel like you are stuck to the road. The i-Pod interface is also very user friendly. It is also a head turner. People see you in this car. Pros: - The driving is great. Quattro Grips and goes! - Again, Quattro in the Snow. It is one of the best cars that I have driven in the snow, and I have a Jeep too. You can drive like an animal in the snow and Quattro and Traction Control will keep you inline. - The iPod interface is easy to use. - The steering is nice and light in parking lots but sensitive when it needs to be. - Braking is nice and firm, gives you a lot of confidence in an emergency. My complaints: -IT BURNS OIL! This was a brand new car. It should not burn oil. I have talked to other people and this is a common problem across the lineup. Every 3k miles you have to put a quart in of $8 oil. I can not get a straight answer from the dealers either as to why it burns oil. They just respond with "it is how the engine was designed." - The controls for the heated seats and air are unnecessarily complicated. They did away with the picture of the man and the arrows for the airflow and I still have no idea what the new symbols mean. - Gas mileage is not great for a 2 liter engine. Cruising at 75 MPH you will average about 27. My Acura did 31 and had 70 more HP and 2 more cylinders. - Audi Service is expensive ( $100 for an oil change and tire rotation) - Even when you elect to manually shift, it will shift before the redline for you. I put it in manual, let me decide when I want to shift! - The turbo doesn't kick in until about 3,000 RPM, meaning you feel like you are accelerating in a Toyota Camry for about 2 seconds. I just keep wanting more when I step on it. All that being said, I still really like driving the car, it just seems that the Germans have made this car a little more complicated than it needs to be."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, ride, handling, leather seats standard"

Cons: "No backup camera/keyless entry for premium model"

"Great luxury sedan value. I compared this vehicle to the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-class. All had their advantages. I liked the BMW styling the best, the Mercedes had a fantastic interior but the Audi did well in all categories. What finally sold me was the value. For several thousand less, I was able to get a sun roof, NAV, and heated leather seats. Other standard features were options on the other two cars. The ride in the Audi A4 is very luxurious and it sticks to the road in any weather conditions. It is an absolute pleasure to drive and I look forward to any trip. I haven't owned it long enough to comment on reliability or cost of ownership but I did get the maintenance package ($800) which pays for the first four major checkups--good deal. Love this car."

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior/Exterior Styling, fun to drive, roomy."

Cons: "reliability."

It is a beauty.

"It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. It looks great and drives like a charm. But, reliability ironically became an issue as soon as the warranty expired. A few weeks after the warranty expired on my A4, it was in the shop at the Audi dealer for exactly one month and 3 days. But, Audi dealt with it well because they were great to me and my car and they gave me a ridiculously fast loner car. It was an Audi A6 3.0T with a supercharger. As mush fin as the A6 was, I still wanted my A4 back from the shop because I loved it that much. The Audi A4 has to be the best car that I have ever owned."

It is a beauty.

Very spirited car

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"09 A4 2.0T CVT Prem Plus Quartz Gry. Terrific styling with an equal balance of handling and performance to please the enthusist. MPG, saftey, features & opts are solid, only sedan w/ a D pillar. 2-Tone gray interior is best out of other sedans tested. Love the lane change tap w/ side mirror LED's. Multitronic CVT proves powerful, mechanical and engine notes (DFI techno) make me smile. All around a spirited and sporty car."

Very Comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"The overall car is very good. The headlights are expensive to replace, I have only had one of the headlights go bad on me. Also the rear speakers went out at 54000 miles. Also never use brass high pressure valve stem covers. They somehow welded themselves to my valve stems and I had to replace all 4 with their sensors which was approximately $400 just for those."

In love with this car!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "Too much to list."

Cons: "Distance for warranty work."

"For me, the first time I sat inside and test drove this vehicle I was sold. I have always had an suv and have considered trading her in for the Merced 350GLK, however every time I get behind the wheel or just look at her I think I must be crazy. She always turns heads! She flies down the highway so smoothly that she feels she's going too slow. Knock on wood, no tickets yet."

One of the best cars I have owned

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Great 2 liter turbo engine"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I've had BMW 3s and 5, Mercedes C, never owned an Audi until now. I can say it belongs in the same class as the other 2 top german marques. Great to drive. One marvellous engine for a 4 cylinder. Tried the new BMW 3 series 4 cylinder, thought the BMW's was a little better ... smoother and more low end torque. Overall, the A4 is a wonderful car. No regrets buying it."

Favorite vehicle all time!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

One sweet Audi!

"I've owned a lot of vehicles from Cavalier, Corolla, Firebird, Trans Am, 3 Expeditions, and this Audi is hands down the most perfect car! The all wheel drive is better than my Ford Expedition in ice/snow! It's faster and handles better than my Trans Am! Audi is all vehicles"

One sweet Audi!

Burns Oil

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"My 2009 A4 Quattro with the 2.0T burns an unacceptable amount of oil. It goes through approximately 1 quart every 3 - 4 weeks. The car rides very comfortably and has decent performance, it does lag behind others in it's class."

Brakes and burning oil

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Car is pretty"

Cons: "Burns oil, tires, brakes and rotors."

"The car is fun to drive. The maintenance costs are to ridiculous. The car constantly burns oil which the maintenance service contract does not cover. And you have to change the brakes and rotors at 30k. My lease was for 35,000 miles. When I refused to change the brakes and rotors, they told me I will be dinged for it when I return the vehicle. Basically they want me to pay $800+ to drive 5k more. I have never been in a car that needs to change the brakes at 30k. And all I do are leases. Cars pretty but constantly spending on synthetic oil to top off every 1k to 1.5k miles. I had to buy 4 new set of tires at 20k. But I average about 28 mpg. All this does not add up."

Beautiful Car but very unreliable

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive. looks."

Cons: "cost to maintain and reliabilty"

"This my second A4 2.0 AWD. I really like the way the car handles compared to the 2006 verison, but I have had way to many quality issues with the engine. I drive alot (89,000 highway miles in 2.5 years) , but I have had to take it in for the check engine light 5 times(after warrenty expired at 45,000 miles ~ $2,800K in repair bills), had to replace the manifold at 74,000 miles($1,100), and just blew the head on it at 89,000 miles (est $6,000 that I am fighting). I don't drive fast and had to change the oil every 6K miles because oil light would come on even though the interval is suppose to be every 10K miles. Must have gotten a lemon, but I think this is the last Audi for me."

My Black A4

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, mileage, interiors"

"Owning an Audi A4 is like a status symbol for some, however for me its a feeling of ecstasy and achievement every time I step into it. Its a wonderful car made for those who believes in driving something that adapts to their own style of driving. Such a car is an Audi A4 which gives you the freedom to drive according to the condition. Very reliable and accurate dynamics for every season, anywhere in world. All I can say is that people who have driven Audi can only tell you how precise is the handling and maneuvering of this car that gives an ultimate joy of driving !!"

I love my Audi A4

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and extremely comfortable"

Cons: "Second cup holder for the front seat is too small for most cups"

"I bought my 2009 Audi A4 3.2 quattro about 9 months ago. I liked it back then, I love it now. It is like being in a different world as you drive. The Banging Olsen stereo system is to dye for. It allows you to listen to your music on so many different venues. I don't think they could have thought of anything else to add to this vehicle. I took it on my first 12 hour drive last weekend. I have never enjoyed driving a car for 12 hours straight, but I do this Audi. I love carrying the key in my purse but never needing the key to start the car or open the doors or trunk. I highly recommend this car."

Well balanced

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, a joy to drive!"

Cons: "car burns oil"

"The all wheel drive is amazing. Even though there is no snow down here in Florida, it is a wonderful feature to have with all the slick wet roads down here from the summer monsoon rains. Rain doesnt even affect the handling. I don't think I've ever spun the tires since ive had it, no matter how hard i try, even in wet conditions. The ride is smooth and it almost even seems to steer itself through the curves. It has a lot of pep and is pretty quick, however, you arent going to beat most cars in a striaght line drag race. Save your money and buy a mustang or camaro if that's what you want. This car was built for comfort and handling. Not straight line speed. The car is very easy on the eyes and the interor is just as refined. The seats are genuine leather. Not that leatherette stuff you see in certain lower level luxury cars (cough acura cough cough). Only con is the car burns oil. It doesnt create any white smoke though. The oil just seems to disappear. I am told by Audi this is because the oil also helps cool the hot turbo charger and is then run through an oil cooler. The oil then seems to evaporate before it finds its way back into the case. Aside from having to spend an extra couple bucks on oil (which is the super duty full synteic Euro formual $10 per quart) the performance of the car does not seem to be affected. Just keep an eye on your oil light!! The all wheel drive is also hard on tires and the weight of the car coupled with it's performans is also hard on brake pads. I've already had to replace the tires and brakes at 25,000 miles. All in all, it's worth it!!"

Fantastic, well-engineered automobile

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Fun to Drive, Looks, Comfort, MPG"

"I purchased a new, 2011 Audi A4 two years ago. This is, by far, the best automobile I have ever owned. Every aspect of this car feels "right." The German engineering is obvious, from the dials and buttons on the driver's console, to the layout of the steering wheel. This car is incredibly quick for a 2-liter 4 cylinder engine. I often find myself doing +80mph as I merge onto the expressway to go to work in the morning! This car drives like it is on rails. The automatic 8-speed tranny is absolutely wonderful. The dual-clutch system works flawlessly as you accelerate, and even as you slow to approach a red light, the transmission downshifts smoothly and at the exact right moment. The cost to maintain an Audi is a little higher than typical American cars, but I only need to bring it in every 10,000 miles. I haven't done the math, but it probably works out equally in the long run. This is my first turbo, and it did take a little getting used to. The car does suffer from turbo-lag when driving around the city... But this is a heavy four-door car, with a small 2.0 liter engine, so it is to be expected. The turbo kicks in after about a second (it feels like you are letting the clutch out in a manual) and when it kicks in, hold on! This is a terrific car, and I am now a devoted Audi owner!"

Sporty sophistication

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!!"

Cons: "I got a speeding ticket :("

"This is the best vehicle that I have owned! It is so much fun to drive and is absolutley beautiful!There is not a missed detail! It has the power of a larger engine, but still uses the gas of a smaller one!"

AUDI TRULY IS AN EXCEPTIONAL BRAND!!!

By on Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pros: "Excellent features, great drivng dynamics"

Cons: "The most stunning car vs. its competition"

"Engine: The car is smooth and agile. It responds well to its 8 speed transmission. One of the best ride qualities I have experienced in the mid-size segment. Braking: I have had an Audi before and I have to tell you they have the best brakes in the business compared to others I have driven and owned. Features: Blind spot, rearview camera, rear parking sensors, DVD player( when vehicle is stationary), rain sensing wipers, adaptive lighting, LED running lights, keyless entry-exit"

Best car I have ever had

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "solid and quiet. You can feel the quality"

"I went from a nice Lexus to the A4 and specifically wanted the manual 6 speed with Quattro and the Bang and Olufson sound system. I wanted the manual because I knew it was a small engine compared to the competition and that having a manual would let me be in the gear I wanted to be in. Although a much smaller engine than the Lexus ES 330, it would beat the doors off that Lexus. It is powerful, as much as i desire, and it gets exceptional mileage. I ask people what they think I get for mileage and they usually say 26, or so, on the highway. My best, confirmed, mileage over a 310 mile trip has been 39 mpg! Driving from Seattle to Los Angeles, which involves lots up ups and downs in Oregon, I averaged 36 mpg...Of course I drove slower than everyone else (the real secret of getting better gas mileage). I completely recommend this car to anyone that wants a solid, comfortable, luxury car that is both sporty and fuel efficient. When I get out of the car, I don't have to peel my body out...I get out comfortably."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals