2011 Audi A4

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

Great Driving Experience, look deeper though

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

"First off, let me say that yes, this is a terrific car to drive. It does not have much power, but once the turbo kicks in it is great! The legendary Quattro makes you feel like you are stuck to the road. The i-Pod interface is also very user friendly. It is also a head turner. People see you in this car. Pros: - The driving is great. Quattro Grips and goes! - Again, Quattro in the Snow. It is one of the best cars that I have driven in the snow, and I have a Jeep too. You can drive like an animal in the snow and Quattro and Traction Control will keep you inline. - The iPod interface is easy to use. - The steering is nice and light in parking lots but sensitive when it needs to be. - Braking is nice and firm, gives you a lot of confidence in an emergency. My complaints: -IT BURNS OIL! This was a brand new car. It should not burn oil. I have talked to other people and this is a common problem across the lineup. Every 3k miles you have to put a quart in of $8 oil. I can not get a straight answer from the dealers either as to why it burns oil. They just respond with "it is how the engine was designed." - The controls for the heated seats and air are unnecessarily complicated. They did away with the picture of the man and the arrows for the airflow and I still have no idea what the new symbols mean. - Gas mileage is not great for a 2 liter engine. Cruising at 75 MPH you will average about 27. My Acura did 31 and had 70 more HP and 2 more cylinders. - Audi Service is expensive ( $100 for an oil change and tire rotation) - Even when you elect to manually shift, it will shift before the redline for you. I put it in manual, let me decide when I want to shift! - The turbo doesn't kick in until about 3,000 RPM, meaning you feel like you are accelerating in a Toyota Camry for about 2 seconds. I just keep wanting more when I step on it. All that being said, I still really like driving the car, it just seems that the Germans have made this car a little more complicated than it needs to be."

best purchase so far!!!!

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "great mpg, good interior and easy to use, and the front end is just mean looking"

Cons: "depending on what features you want it can get alittle pricey"

My 2011 A4 2.0T Quattro

"First off, I'm getting roughly 30 mpg driving to work, this includes hiting stop light/signs and alittle freeway. I drove my A4 from El Paso, TX to to east TN and the best mpg I got was one tank of gas I went 505 miles with 30 miles until empty and averaged 36.6 mpg, that is from Abilene, TX to Little Rock, AK. So the marketing is alittle shy on the actual mpg. Overall I love everything about this car!!!!"

My 2011 A4 2.0T Quattro

My Black A4

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving dynamics, mileage, interiors"

"Owning an Audi A4 is like a status symbol for some, however for me its a feeling of ecstasy and achievement every time I step into it. Its a wonderful car made for those who believes in driving something that adapts to their own style of driving. Such a car is an Audi A4 which gives you the freedom to drive according to the condition. Very reliable and accurate dynamics for every season, anywhere in world. All I can say is that people who have driven Audi can only tell you how precise is the handling and maneuvering of this car that gives an ultimate joy of driving !!"

I love my Audi A4

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and extremely comfortable"

Cons: "Second cup holder for the front seat is too small for most cups"

"I bought my 2009 Audi A4 3.2 quattro about 9 months ago. I liked it back then, I love it now. It is like being in a different world as you drive. The Banging Olsen stereo system is to dye for. It allows you to listen to your music on so many different venues. I don't think they could have thought of anything else to add to this vehicle. I took it on my first 12 hour drive last weekend. I have never enjoyed driving a car for 12 hours straight, but I do this Audi. I love carrying the key in my purse but never needing the key to start the car or open the doors or trunk. I highly recommend this car."

A Fun Sports Car

By on Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pros: "Ride, comfort, looks, handling, fun factor, great audio."

Cons: "A bit o' turbo lag."

Open air experience.

"I purchased my 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio as a CPO. I was drawn to it by the low mileage that, combined with the fact it was a CPO gave me a practically new car with plenty of warranty left over. My car had the Audicare maintenance package, though the dealership tried to sell me another package anyways (never trust the salesman - always do your homework). After years of driving economy cars and pickup trucks, the Audi is a blast. I use it for my daily commute and have had the top down every day that it wasn't too cold and/or rainy except a few times when the mercury hit 98 degrees. The ride, comfort and handling are excellent. It has plenty of get up and go, but don't expect to win any drag races - there's just enough turbo lag to keep the 0-60 time from getting as low as I would like. With the top up it is surprisingly quiet, and with the top down even the wind rush is not very loud. There's obviously more road noise with the top down, but it all seems to come from other vehicles rather than from the Audi itself. Fortunately, the stereo it up to the task of drowning that noise out. The trunk space is generous for a cabriolet of this size and can be increased with the top up. And it is beautiful. When fueling I have had Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Camaro owners stop to comment on it. I read several other reviews that mentioned that the car burned a lot of oil and at least intimated that the dealerships were lying when they said that was normal. In fact the owner's manual states that you may need to add a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but that this can vary depending on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors from my experience is driving style. If you are constantly burying the gas pedal in the floor board - especially in sport mode - you will indeed burn more oil. On the other hand, if you are cruising normally and only using that extra power to accelerate into a break in traffic or to pass, you can easily go 5k without having to add oil. I also read several reviews that challenged the EPA mileage estimates and asserted that the computer readout for mileage was inaccurate. I too challenge the EPA estimates because I have EXCEEDED them several times, with my best mileage coming in at about 33 mpg. When I have taken the time to check, the computer readout of my mileage has been fairly accurate if not spot on. I think some folks just like to whine, or maybe they expect that the same driving habits that have them burning copious quarts of oil should still leave them with 30 mpg highway. I haven't had the car a year yet, but I have not had any major or minor maintenance issues. I expect that if I follow the regular maintenance routine in the manual, I should be able to avoid those for years to come (fingers crossed). Bottom line: this is a fun, nimble sports car. It has more pep than a Saab 9-3 and more comfort than any of the small BMW convertibles that I test drove. The comfort and luxury make long drives feel like extended good times and the fuel economy lets you do more driving and less fueling. (It seems this site ignores hard returns in the reviews, so sorry if this looks like a big run-on.)"

Open air experience.

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

Well balanced

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, a joy to drive!"

Cons: "car burns oil"

"The all wheel drive is amazing. Even though there is no snow down here in Florida, it is a wonderful feature to have with all the slick wet roads down here from the summer monsoon rains. Rain doesnt even affect the handling. I don't think I've ever spun the tires since ive had it, no matter how hard i try, even in wet conditions. The ride is smooth and it almost even seems to steer itself through the curves. It has a lot of pep and is pretty quick, however, you arent going to beat most cars in a striaght line drag race. Save your money and buy a mustang or camaro if that's what you want. This car was built for comfort and handling. Not straight line speed. The car is very easy on the eyes and the interor is just as refined. The seats are genuine leather. Not that leatherette stuff you see in certain lower level luxury cars (cough acura cough cough). Only con is the car burns oil. It doesnt create any white smoke though. The oil just seems to disappear. I am told by Audi this is because the oil also helps cool the hot turbo charger and is then run through an oil cooler. The oil then seems to evaporate before it finds its way back into the case. Aside from having to spend an extra couple bucks on oil (which is the super duty full synteic Euro formual $10 per quart) the performance of the car does not seem to be affected. Just keep an eye on your oil light!! The all wheel drive is also hard on tires and the weight of the car coupled with it's performans is also hard on brake pads. I've already had to replace the tires and brakes at 25,000 miles. All in all, it's worth it!!"

Fantastic, well-engineered automobile

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, Fun to Drive, Looks, Comfort, MPG"

"I purchased a new, 2011 Audi A4 two years ago. This is, by far, the best automobile I have ever owned. Every aspect of this car feels "right." The German engineering is obvious, from the dials and buttons on the driver's console, to the layout of the steering wheel. This car is incredibly quick for a 2-liter 4 cylinder engine. I often find myself doing +80mph as I merge onto the expressway to go to work in the morning! This car drives like it is on rails. The automatic 8-speed tranny is absolutely wonderful. The dual-clutch system works flawlessly as you accelerate, and even as you slow to approach a red light, the transmission downshifts smoothly and at the exact right moment. The cost to maintain an Audi is a little higher than typical American cars, but I only need to bring it in every 10,000 miles. I haven't done the math, but it probably works out equally in the long run. This is my first turbo, and it did take a little getting used to. The car does suffer from turbo-lag when driving around the city... But this is a heavy four-door car, with a small 2.0 liter engine, so it is to be expected. The turbo kicks in after about a second (it feels like you are letting the clutch out in a manual) and when it kicks in, hold on! This is a terrific car, and I am now a devoted Audi owner!"

Brakes and burning oil

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Car is pretty"

Cons: "Burns oil, tires, brakes and rotors."

"The car is fun to drive. The maintenance costs are to ridiculous. The car constantly burns oil which the maintenance service contract does not cover. And you have to change the brakes and rotors at 30k. My lease was for 35,000 miles. When I refused to change the brakes and rotors, they told me I will be dinged for it when I return the vehicle. Basically they want me to pay $800+ to drive 5k more. I have never been in a car that needs to change the brakes at 30k. And all I do are leases. Cars pretty but constantly spending on synthetic oil to top off every 1k to 1.5k miles. I had to buy 4 new set of tires at 20k. But I average about 28 mpg. All this does not add up."

Sporty sophistication

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive!!"

Cons: "I got a speeding ticket :("

"This is the best vehicle that I have owned! It is so much fun to drive and is absolutley beautiful!There is not a missed detail! It has the power of a larger engine, but still uses the gas of a smaller one!"

smooth, powerful engine

By on Thursday, January 13, 2011

"the turbos kick in smoothly and develop power quickly. Everyone thinks it has a V-6 due to the power surge. The predicted gas mileage is not correct, I always get less than the predicted but on a 510 mile leg, I did get slightly over 34 mpg whereas the predictor said I was getting 38. The back up camera is fantastic...it is partially infared in that even in the dark, you can see clearly behind you and, as you turn the wheels, it predicts where you will end up...Overall, the car is better than I expected and I expected a lot!"

One of the best cars I have owned

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Great 2 liter turbo engine"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I've had BMW 3s and 5, Mercedes C, never owned an Audi until now. I can say it belongs in the same class as the other 2 top german marques. Great to drive. One marvellous engine for a 4 cylinder. Tried the new BMW 3 series 4 cylinder, thought the BMW's was a little better ... smoother and more low end torque. Overall, the A4 is a wonderful car. No regrets buying it."

Favorite vehicle all time!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

One sweet Audi!

"I've owned a lot of vehicles from Cavalier, Corolla, Firebird, Trans Am, 3 Expeditions, and this Audi is hands down the most perfect car! The all wheel drive is better than my Ford Expedition in ice/snow! It's faster and handles better than my Trans Am! Audi is all vehicles"

One sweet Audi!

Overall value and cool appeal

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Styling, handling, performance, cool factor"

Cons: "A fold down rear seat would be nice."

"I have the Quattro version and still get great MPG: 28 - 29 city and 31 - 34 expressway. The turbo charged engine and eight speed transmission are well matched and deliver power as needed (smoothly). The interior is comfortable; the little creature comforts, e.g., telescoping steering wheel, lighted rear floorboards, sun roof controls, make for a pleasant ride across town or across the state. The exterior design and lighting draws comments regularly. Driving in wet road conditions (snow, too) is handled exceptionally well by the Quattro handling system. This model was a little more expensive than the Buick Regal (front wheel drive, turbo 4 cylinder) and much less than a Cadillac AWD, Mercedes 350 4Matic or comparable BMW."

I LOVED THIS CAR

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Reason: job loss

Pros: "Very comfortable seats, fast, eye-catcher."

Cons: "Tires wore out too quickly."

"I just traded this car in after 2 years of ownership. Biggest mistake I ever made. My husband lost his job and I thought it would be best to cut back on expenses. But now I regret that, because in the long run, this car was excellent. The only down-side is the Prestige, S-line comes with performance summer tires and they would have needed to be replaced after only 2.5 years of ownership and the brakes in another year. But it's worth it if you can afford it. Digitial speedometer and cruise control that maintains speed even going down hill are awesome. Most comfortable car I've ever owned. Very sad to have traded it away."

Luxury and great MPG

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "MPG, fit and finish, confidence in snow, tech"

Cons: "expensive to buy and own, nav could be better"

"This is the second A4 I've owned. I've only had my newer audi for a few months, but WOW, so many things stand out. First and foremost is the gas mileage. Cruise control on the freeway at 72 shows an average of 32-35 MPG. I'm getting about 430 miles per tank...the 8 speed transmission really does its job and is very smooth. AWD works great up around Lake Tahoe during snow season. Handling on dry mountain roads is absolutly amazing. This is not a cheap car by any means, but the fit, finish, and technology is top notch IMO. I do wish that the scheduled service package that is sold extra for approx 800 was just included like some competitors, but I've yet to see an AWD 4 cyl luxury car out there that gets this kind of mileage (important here in Ca.) I don't think I'll ever buy a car without a backup camera again, it's so nice to know that you're not going to back into anything when parking or pulling out. The MMI system is nice, but can be very distracting. Voice activated NAV is pretty good once you learn what it expects you to say and when, but on streets that have a north/south/east/west to them it can get confused. I still prefer this NAV to the kenwood/garmin system I had in my last audi, but it could be better. Also wish it was a touchscreen in addition to the MMI interface."

A6 / BMW 5-series competitor for a lot less.

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Luxury, handling, and performance for a good price"

Cons: "brake dust, sun visor clips like to break often"

"It's a shame that Audi stopped selling the 3.2L V6 as an option in the A4 after 2009 - it made for the best bang-for-the-buck out of all the mid-range German luxury cars. Why buy an A6 with the same engine, trim and options when the A4 was $10,000 less? Or an A5 - sure, they're very sexy cars, but $6,000 more just to have two fewer doors? The A4 3.2L was the luxury value champion and one of Germany's best kept secrets. Audi added 200lbs of weight with the larger 2009 body, and the 2.0T, although plenty good for getting around town, doesn't come anywhere close to showing off the car's potential. Stick Drive Select in comfort mode and chauffeur around town smoothly but confidently with a superbly finished interior. Even the 3.2, with an additional 50HP, can't shake the unflinching, herculean grip of the AWD Quattro. Pop it into Dynamic mode and chase Vipers through twisty mountain roads, making that poor Viper owner wonder why they spent twice as much to guzzle 8mpg, scald their legs from the exhaust heat, and suffer chronic headaches from the exhaust drone. The interior is superb, with leather appointments and a control system that makes BMW owners cry silently to themselves. Navigation, bluetooth, iPod and smartphone integration all come included, though the A2DP bluetooth audio add-on is another $180. Did you know there's even a towing package? With the same drivetrain as the 5000lb-pulling Q5 and factory-designed hitch mounting already in place, a few hundred bucks (mainly for the brake light integration module) will get you all set up at U-Haul to pull a pair of motorcycles or jet-skis wherever you want to go. All this, and you don't have to worry about the turbocharger's bearings wearing out at 85,000 miles, leaving you with a $7,000 repair bill. If you want a luxurious car for the long-haul, the 2009 A4 3.2L is practically impossible to beat. Just two complaints: The brake dust from the stock brake pads is ridiculous, but it does clean off nicely if you wash your car at least once a week. Also, the little plastic visor clip that holds your sun visor in place is flimsy and breaks often, costing $35 a pop to replace."

I would buy it again

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"I absolutely love my car. I moved to the city, so I need to sell it, but I hate parting with it. It drives amazing in the snow and rain and I would recommend it to anyone. Comfortable, great sound system and quick pick up."

Don't Buy Audis

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I was a long time owner of Audi A4 and can definitely give good account of my experience because I drove this car for 6 years. My advice to those looking to buy is - if you plan to sell it by the time it reaches 4ok mileage, go ahead and buy it but if you plan to drive any longer, BEWARE. This car (and for that matter most of the German luxury cars) won't hold good resell value on long mileage. I absolutely loved my car when it did not have any issues and experience of driving was great. However, there are too many issues in this car and extremely expensive to maintain. I will give you some keywords that you can google yourself and find out yourself for Audi A4s - 1. TCM Problem (Tranmission Control Module/Unit) 2. PRND light blinking 3. Oil Sludge Problem 4. Alternator problem 5. Sensor (motion sensor) problem 6. Timing belt problem Be sure to look up these problems before buying. Each costs 1k-5k for the repair. I absolutely loved to drive this car but gave too many problems beyond 40k mileage."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior/Exterior Styling, fun to drive, roomy."

Cons: "reliability."

It is a beauty.

"It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. It looks great and drives like a charm. But, reliability ironically became an issue as soon as the warranty expired. A few weeks after the warranty expired on my A4, it was in the shop at the Audi dealer for exactly one month and 3 days. But, Audi dealt with it well because they were great to me and my car and they gave me a ridiculously fast loner car. It was an Audi A6 3.0T with a supercharger. As mush fin as the A6 was, I still wanted my A4 back from the shop because I loved it that much. The Audi A4 has to be the best car that I have ever owned."

It is a beauty.

Very spirited car

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"09 A4 2.0T CVT Prem Plus Quartz Gry. Terrific styling with an equal balance of handling and performance to please the enthusist. MPG, saftey, features & opts are solid, only sedan w/ a D pillar. 2-Tone gray interior is best out of other sedans tested. Love the lane change tap w/ side mirror LED's. Multitronic CVT proves powerful, mechanical and engine notes (DFI techno) make me smile. All around a spirited and sporty car."

In love with this car!

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Too much to list."

Cons: "Distance for warranty work."

"For me, the first time I sat inside and test drove this vehicle I was sold. I have always had an suv and have considered trading her in for the Merced 350GLK, however every time I get behind the wheel or just look at her I think I must be crazy. She always turns heads! She flies down the highway so smoothly that she feels she's going too slow. Knock on wood, no tickets yet."

Burns Oil

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"My 2009 A4 Quattro with the 2.0T burns an unacceptable amount of oil. It goes through approximately 1 quart every 3 - 4 weeks. The car rides very comfortably and has decent performance, it does lag behind others in it's class."

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

Beautiful Car but very unreliable

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive. looks."

Cons: "cost to maintain and reliabilty"

"This my second A4 2.0 AWD. I really like the way the car handles compared to the 2006 verison, but I have had way to many quality issues with the engine. I drive alot (89,000 highway miles in 2.5 years) , but I have had to take it in for the check engine light 5 times(after warrenty expired at 45,000 miles ~ $2,800K in repair bills), had to replace the manifold at 74,000 miles($1,100), and just blew the head on it at 89,000 miles (est $6,000 that I am fighting). I don't drive fast and had to change the oil every 6K miles because oil light would come on even though the interval is suppose to be every 10K miles. Must have gotten a lemon, but I think this is the last Audi for me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals