2010 Audi A4

Based on 138 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

best car ever

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Pros: "great in summer and winter"

Cons: "Seats not super comfy for long road trips"

"Our dream car and we are not disappointed one bit. Its all that we hoped for and has been so much fun. Great in a heavy snow climate as well."

A Fun Sports Car

By on Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pros: "Ride, comfort, looks, handling, fun factor, great audio."

Cons: "A bit o' turbo lag."

Open air experience.

"I purchased my 2009 A4 2.0T Cabrio as a CPO. I was drawn to it by the low mileage that, combined with the fact it was a CPO gave me a practically new car with plenty of warranty left over. My car had the Audicare maintenance package, though the dealership tried to sell me another package anyways (never trust the salesman - always do your homework). After years of driving economy cars and pickup trucks, the Audi is a blast. I use it for my daily commute and have had the top down every day that it wasn't too cold and/or rainy except a few times when the mercury hit 98 degrees. The ride, comfort and handling are excellent. It has plenty of get up and go, but don't expect to win any drag races - there's just enough turbo lag to keep the 0-60 time from getting as low as I would like. With the top up it is surprisingly quiet, and with the top down even the wind rush is not very loud. There's obviously more road noise with the top down, but it all seems to come from other vehicles rather than from the Audi itself. Fortunately, the stereo it up to the task of drowning that noise out. The trunk space is generous for a cabriolet of this size and can be increased with the top up. And it is beautiful. When fueling I have had Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, and Camaro owners stop to comment on it. I read several other reviews that mentioned that the car burned a lot of oil and at least intimated that the dealerships were lying when they said that was normal. In fact the owner's manual states that you may need to add a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but that this can vary depending on a number of factors. One of the biggest factors from my experience is driving style. If you are constantly burying the gas pedal in the floor board - especially in sport mode - you will indeed burn more oil. On the other hand, if you are cruising normally and only using that extra power to accelerate into a break in traffic or to pass, you can easily go 5k without having to add oil. I also read several reviews that challenged the EPA mileage estimates and asserted that the computer readout for mileage was inaccurate. I too challenge the EPA estimates because I have EXCEEDED them several times, with my best mileage coming in at about 33 mpg. When I have taken the time to check, the computer readout of my mileage has been fairly accurate if not spot on. I think some folks just like to whine, or maybe they expect that the same driving habits that have them burning copious quarts of oil should still leave them with 30 mpg highway. I haven't had the car a year yet, but I have not had any major or minor maintenance issues. I expect that if I follow the regular maintenance routine in the manual, I should be able to avoid those for years to come (fingers crossed). Bottom line: this is a fun, nimble sports car. It has more pep than a Saab 9-3 and more comfort than any of the small BMW convertibles that I test drove. The comfort and luxury make long drives feel like extended good times and the fuel economy lets you do more driving and less fueling. (It seems this site ignores hard returns in the reviews, so sorry if this looks like a big run-on.)"

Open air experience.

I would buy it again

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"I absolutely love my car. I moved to the city, so I need to sell it, but I hate parting with it. It drives amazing in the snow and rain and I would recommend it to anyone. Comfortable, great sound system and quick pick up."

Don't Buy Audis

By on Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I was a long time owner of Audi A4 and can definitely give good account of my experience because I drove this car for 6 years. My advice to those looking to buy is - if you plan to sell it by the time it reaches 4ok mileage, go ahead and buy it but if you plan to drive any longer, BEWARE. This car (and for that matter most of the German luxury cars) won't hold good resell value on long mileage. I absolutely loved my car when it did not have any issues and experience of driving was great. However, there are too many issues in this car and extremely expensive to maintain. I will give you some keywords that you can google yourself and find out yourself for Audi A4s - 1. TCM Problem (Tranmission Control Module/Unit) 2. PRND light blinking 3. Oil Sludge Problem 4. Alternator problem 5. Sensor (motion sensor) problem 6. Timing belt problem Be sure to look up these problems before buying. Each costs 1k-5k for the repair. I absolutely loved to drive this car but gave too many problems beyond 40k mileage."

Great Driving Experience, look deeper though

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

"First off, let me say that yes, this is a terrific car to drive. It does not have much power, but once the turbo kicks in it is great! The legendary Quattro makes you feel like you are stuck to the road. The i-Pod interface is also very user friendly. It is also a head turner. People see you in this car. Pros: - The driving is great. Quattro Grips and goes! - Again, Quattro in the Snow. It is one of the best cars that I have driven in the snow, and I have a Jeep too. You can drive like an animal in the snow and Quattro and Traction Control will keep you inline. - The iPod interface is easy to use. - The steering is nice and light in parking lots but sensitive when it needs to be. - Braking is nice and firm, gives you a lot of confidence in an emergency. My complaints: -IT BURNS OIL! This was a brand new car. It should not burn oil. I have talked to other people and this is a common problem across the lineup. Every 3k miles you have to put a quart in of $8 oil. I can not get a straight answer from the dealers either as to why it burns oil. They just respond with "it is how the engine was designed." - The controls for the heated seats and air are unnecessarily complicated. They did away with the picture of the man and the arrows for the airflow and I still have no idea what the new symbols mean. - Gas mileage is not great for a 2 liter engine. Cruising at 75 MPH you will average about 27. My Acura did 31 and had 70 more HP and 2 more cylinders. - Audi Service is expensive ( $100 for an oil change and tire rotation) - Even when you elect to manually shift, it will shift before the redline for you. I put it in manual, let me decide when I want to shift! - The turbo doesn't kick in until about 3,000 RPM, meaning you feel like you are accelerating in a Toyota Camry for about 2 seconds. I just keep wanting more when I step on it. All that being said, I still really like driving the car, it just seems that the Germans have made this car a little more complicated than it needs to be."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Luxury, ride, handling, leather seats standard"

Cons: "No backup camera/keyless entry for premium model"

"Great luxury sedan value. I compared this vehicle to the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-class. All had their advantages. I liked the BMW styling the best, the Mercedes had a fantastic interior but the Audi did well in all categories. What finally sold me was the value. For several thousand less, I was able to get a sun roof, NAV, and heated leather seats. Other standard features were options on the other two cars. The ride in the Audi A4 is very luxurious and it sticks to the road in any weather conditions. It is an absolute pleasure to drive and I look forward to any trip. I haven't owned it long enough to comment on reliability or cost of ownership but I did get the maintenance package ($800) which pays for the first four major checkups--good deal. Love this car."

Best premium wagon period

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "See above. Plus fit and finish (excellent)."

Cons: "Radio and comfort controls need work."

"Too bad Audi has stopped making this model, wanting us to upgrade to the AllRoad (a little clumsy looking) or the SUV (a hulk). I've always owned wagons and this was far the best yet. It's handling is superb. The combo of nimble 4-cyl. turbocharged 211-hp engine and 8-speed Tiptronic transmission gets excellent gas mileage yet offers all the power anybody could want. Acceleration at all speeds is quick, powerful, and deeply satisfying. This powertrain, as many have reported, is a work of genius, better than a BMW's in this range. As more car companies downsize to four-cylinder engines, this is the standard they'll want to beat. But they won't."

This car will leave you broke with repairs

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

I own this car
Reason: mechanical failures - My approximate mileage is 96,000

Pros: "Good exterior design."

Cons: "No reliability of the mechanical components."

"I bought a new A4 2006 2.0T with CVT transmission. 8 years, 96,000 miles, and $40,000, my vehicle is no longer working. Any potential buyer, should look beyond the exterior design of the car, and instead look for consumer reports regarding recalls,records of common mechanical failures, class action lawsuits, and auto forum opinions regarding customer service. Had to drive the car with a unbearably noisy and defective intake camshaft, camshaft follower, and high fuel pressure pump for months before Audi would replace them under an "extended warranty." Worst of all, despite regular care and maintenance, my transmission broke down. It can't be repaired. Cost: $6,572. Car is history. Lost my investment."

Very good so far

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable so far, good economy and performance."

Cons: "German premium price and premium gas only!"

"28k miles, computers says avg 28mpg in mixed urban/highway. Gets 31-34 on highway, great pickup and great amenities! Not been to shop for any repair but a sunroof adustment covered under warranty. Origial tires still have 1/3 left of life. Quattro has come a long way since my last one in 03' which ate tires and MPG with 2.7 biturbo got about 24mpg. Very good mix of comfort and sport. I don't have sport package as I have it on our 3 series BMW but would recommend that if you prefer road feel. I like the bit of comfort on this model which is primary my wifes car. Personally I like the lines on the Avant and think the body design is very attractive! We cross shopped it to the Q5 and could not find many reasons to pay for for the Q5 other than sitting a few inch's higher. The Avant has similar interior dimensions but better "Car like" dynamics. Cuz its a CAR! Personal preference I suppose. Very happy with the fit and finish as well. Its why one pays a premium over other brands."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Interior/Exterior Styling, fun to drive, roomy."

Cons: "reliability."

It is a beauty.

"It is one of the best cars that I have ever owned. It looks great and drives like a charm. But, reliability ironically became an issue as soon as the warranty expired. A few weeks after the warranty expired on my A4, it was in the shop at the Audi dealer for exactly one month and 3 days. But, Audi dealt with it well because they were great to me and my car and they gave me a ridiculously fast loner car. It was an Audi A6 3.0T with a supercharger. As mush fin as the A6 was, I still wanted my A4 back from the shop because I loved it that much. The Audi A4 has to be the best car that I have ever owned."

It is a beauty.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals