2002 Audi A4

7.6

Based on 485 Ratings for the 2001 - 2004 models.

7.6/10

Love, Love, Love this car!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pros: "Great driving feel, plenty of power, AWD, looks awesome"

Cons: "could get more MPG, fragile interior"

"I have owned this Audi (A4 3.0Q MT) for three years and 40k miles. The car has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I only had to have it towed once due to a coil pack failure, which I highly recommend you do if you ever have a coil pack go out. Other than that everything has been routine (oil changes, brake pads, timing belt etc.) I will say that you need to be very careful with the interior. The paint can chip easily when it ages. I have replaced a few switches to keep everything looking showroom new. Also, DO NOT let maintenance slide. Other than that this car drives very well in all types of conditions and I think at 9 years old, still looks great."

Most expensive light bulb on the planet!

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I really like driving my A4, but the cost of repairs is just ridiculous. My Xenon headlight blew out last week and the bulbs are not easy to find in your typical auto parts stores. After unsuccessfully trying to locate one (I suppose I could have used various message boards to locate a cheaper option) I was forced to go to the dealer to get a bulb. The cost was $200.50 for the bulb! Then, as the service manager was trying to install it for me (you gotta take the entire headlight out) we saw that the igniter/ballast going to the bulb was most likely the original cause of the bulb going out because it was burned up/melted. They located that part on their computer and it is $650.00! That, with $99 for 1 hour of labor makes a total of $949.50 for a LIGHT BULB! A few other things. The dipstick is made of cheap fibery kind of plastic, and whoever changes the oil in it (or checks the oil) needs to apply a little force to get it all the way to the bottom of the engine. Doing so causes the plastic to become weak halfway up the dipstick resulting in breakage. I am on my 3rd dipstick now in just about 3 years, and at $23 a pop it's just ridiculous that they don't have something better. Last thing is you gotta buy the wiper blades from the dealer to (read: expensive) because they're not stocked in auto parts stores. The bottom line is, Audi's look nice, so look at them online or in a showroom. Then go buy a Honda or a Toyota. If you really want the A4, go lease a new one because then any issues are Audi's problem and not yours. DO NOT, under any circumstances, purchase a used A4!"

2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro

By on Sunday, March 07, 2010

"Never buy this car with this engine and year model. I owned my A4 for two years and spent thousands of dollars in repair work. The ignition coils kept failing and I was unaware of all the damage malfunctioning coils can do to the car. As a result, both of my catalytic converters failed, which costs well over $2000 to repair. Other problems include, windshield washer pump, multiple sensors going out, faulty trunk latch, and light bulbs had to be replaced all of the time. I take great care of my cars and I still had all of theses problems. I know the later production of the A4's had better reliability, but still stay away from the 3.0 V6. I owned this car only from 60,000 miles to 90,000 miles and had all of these problems. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DO NOT BUY THIS CAR UNLESS IT IS A 2004 OR NEWER."

Complete Nightmare

By on Thursday, November 06, 2008

"I have had my 2003 A4 1.8T Cabriolet for 5 years. For the first 4 years it was a dream- the last year has been a NIGHTMARE! I have had 3 transmissions, have been stranded on the side of the road 3 times, and have had more than $20,000 worth of work done to it to keep it running. It is so beautiful and lush, but I can't trust that it will get me from point A to point B.... It has been extremely disappointing...."

People can't believe this car is 10 years old!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "sports car handling,fuel efficient,looks great!"

Cons: "windshield wipers,although effective,are noisy"

"Prior to leasing this car, I had owned a BMW 328i and before that a Mercedes 280c .I will have to say that this Audi 1.8 Turbo 4 Dr Quatro with the Sports Package is a superior automobile in almost every respect.Unfortunately or fortunately my engine died(seized up according to the dealership)with only 41,000 miles.However, Audi installed a new engine,without any fanfare, since the car was still under warranty.Since we are moving to Florida to retire and have another vehicle,I am selling my Audi which has a little over 119,000 miles on it with virtually no problems since they replaced the engine(the new engine has only 78,000 miles on it)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals