1998 Audi A4

8.2

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

So far so good

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"I bought this as a station car used with high milage. The car is very comfortable and fun to drive. In the short time that I have owned it I have learned one very important lesson. If you go to a parts store you are not going to get the right part. ie: I bought Bosch plugs but Audi uses NGK's and the car knew the difference. For your own peace of mind, use parts from the dealer or find out what the originals are. I had to replace the o2 sensors as well and almost made the same mistake. Audi has a different part # for each sensor and it appears that each has a seperate address in the computer so if you use generic these addresses are not correct and you will still get a check engine light. If you use the right parts, this is a great example of German engineering. For what it's worth."

I love my Audi Quattro wagon

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, practical, fun to drive, good looking"

Cons: "burns a little oil, parts are expensive"

"I've owned this car since 2005, and I love it! It is my SUV in a can. I can throw all my gear in the back, including my bike with the back seat down. It gets decent gas mileage, and is super sporty and fun to drive. Not to mention going to the snow is no problem in this car. I just got in a tiny little accident taking out the front corner of the car. Unfortunately, the costs exceeded what the insurance was willing to pay and it got deemed a 'total loss', but I chose to put it back together, and boy am I glad. I couldn't have replaced this classic little car for the money. I perform regular oil changes, and aside from normal wear and tear, i.e, brakes, suspension at 100K, and a new valve cover gasket, I would say it has had very few mechanical problems. I can say that I have never been stranded. I would recommend this car to anyone who appreciates German engineering and creature comforts (heated, leather seats)and loves to drive sporty cars. Hint: find a volkswagon mechanic to work on it. Same cars, cheaper shop rates!"

Stay Away From Dealers!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"I purchased my A4 back in May of 2003 and initially, I insisted on having the vehicle dealer serviced. This wasn't much of a problem initially as it was covered under an extended CPO warranty; however, after the warranty, it seemed that every time I brought the car in, the service department would find about $500 or more in repairs that should be done. The day I stopped taking my A4 into the dealer was when they gave me an elaborate story on how the PCV valve filled with condensate, froze, and caused the engine to pressurize resulting in about a $1600 estimate to replace the gaskets and seals (cam, head, etc.) on the top-end of the motor. The father/son shop that I now take the A4 to discovered that what was truly wrong was a valve cover gasket; which, they fixed for less than $300. That was about three years ago and this was the last non-maintenance repair that I have done during the last three years. It has been the most rewarding car that I have driven, especially when the weather turns bad (Quattro is tank-like in snow). For an 11 year-old car, there is not one spot of rust on the galvanized body nor is there a single rattle present. I will gladly buy another Audi; the key to ownership is finding someone who won't use the fact that you own an expensive car as a way of justifying expensive and unnecessary repairs."

98.5 Audi A4 Quattro

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Excellent vehicle - the ride is cushy, the parts are of high quality, and the comments I receive are never ending. Now, onto the not so good: Repairs and parts are extremely expensive!!! The control arms, timing belt & tensioner are the biggest pocket book killers. If you check out forums for Audi, like audiworld.com - you will find many ways to fix common to major issues yourself. I am by no means a mechanic, but I'm willing to try repairs myself and forums walk you through it. I get gas mileage around 25mpg. Don't buy this car if you think it's fast - cause it's not quick off the line, but it does produce a steady gentle ride. It's a luxury vehcle, treat it right and you will be satisfied for years to come."

Fantastic car!!

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good mileage, and looks good."

Cons: "Premium gas, and cup holders are a joke."

"I have owned this car for two years and it is a great little car. It looks good, performs well, and gets good mileage. I have a manual and around town i get 26 or 27 mpg. It corners nicely and overall handles very well. It is also a decently quick car as well. And still an excellent daily driver."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A4 near Honolulu. See local deals