2015 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,244 - $31,809.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/7.7

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

Great car, experience, decision

By on Monday, January 11, 2016

Pros: "Driving experience, stereo, safety, driver assist"

"I want to write this review because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what car to get and also to justify spending more money that I originally planned to. I looked at a number of SUV’s priced in the high 20’s and low 30’s. Ultimately, I either didn’t like the way they looked or how they drove. Most cars – luxury or otherwise – either were not AWD or just looked boring. Besides the look, I wanted a driving experience and a car that was reliable and safe. According to Consumer Reports, the new A3 has great safety rating and the realiability is suprisingly good. After a ton of research, I took a leap of faith on the reliability after owning Japanese cars to this point. I have owned my car for 6 months so I feel it’s a fair time to write a report. Although it is probably too early to comment on reliability, I can talk to other points. First, the driving experience is pretty amazing. It has great pick up and zips around great. I live in the mountains so going uphill or taking curves is effortless (compared to other cars / SUV’s I have driven or been in). Second, I have now driving in snow a number of times and it feels like vecro is stuck to the tires / road. It handles so well that I couldn’t possibly be happier. I never think twice about road conditions when it comes to this car (of course, you have to worry about other drivers). As for appearance, the car is really sharp. I have gotten my fair share of compliments. The interior is smartly designed – everything makes a lot of sense and it’s easy to navigate. The car heats up / cools off really quickly. The seats are adjustable in a lot of ways and super comfortable. And the interior just looks sharp. The headlights are pretty terrific especially the high beam - both make it much easier to drive at night (I live where streets are not really lit up and tend to be really dark). I ended up with the Premium Plus with the premium stereo and the driver’s assist. Actually, I really wanted the stereo after reading a lot of reviews but the driver assist wasn’t on my ‘radar’. Here is something I learned – not all dealers order the cars the same way. One dealership tried to have me believe that unless I bought the highest end A3 that the radio wouldn’t be an option. Then I went to another dealer to find out that they appreciate good sound and order a lot of their cars with the premium stereo but also a couple other features people might want. He tried to convince me that the driver assist is something I would love as well once I used it. He’s a sales guy – I’m probably not going to believe everything he says. Well, he was right. I love having it as well as the cold weather package (especially but not limited to the seat warmers). Needless to say, to this point I am super happy with my purchase. In the end, I might have spent a little more than I initially had wanted to but it was well worth it all the way around. The driving experience, the amazing stereo sound, the peace of mind, and all the other little things confirm that my research and patience really paid off. I hope my review will help you save some time and answer some questions you might have already had."

Love it - owned the TDI A3 for 4 mos and all good!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, great mileage, great style"

Cons: "Pricey upgrades"

"My only regret is not getting a few more options. Didn't want nav so left off some of the finer things in order to save $3-4k or so. Would have liked a few other convenience options but mostly because I left a fully loaded vehicle and got a little spoiled. I commute about 120 miles a couple times a week so the fuel economy more than makes up for missing a few extras. Love the way it drives, and still is the coolest looking fuel saver on the road IMO. Feels very Euro cool and I get lots of compliments from guys and gals across all demographics. I also coach two of my kids' teams so pile lots of coaching gear in the back no problem. I looked at TDI Jetta & Passat, hybrid Lexus hatch and a few others but the full package of the A3 TDI was my favorite and still is."

Great car, Great Valuue

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Great car, roomy without being bulky"

Cons: "cup holders are a strange size"

"This is an amazing car, it drives great with amazing gas milage. I have the diesel version which is great because the cost of fuel goes up and down less so I can budget better. I got the car after looking alot and saving almost half of the down payment it was a little bit on the pricer side but it was worth it. The car sounds great not at all what you get from a "typical diesel" or the truck sound you would think of. It is really quiet and the turbo gives it real giddy-up. The only thing that is no the greatest is when you hit the gas you have the typical turbo lag but it really is a great car. The milage is great I doon't have a far commute to work and it is mostly stop and go traffic but I still get about 36 MPG which is great. And for longer trips nothing beats this car we take it everywhere, the all weather mats are a great feature as well they are not cheap looking like they are in some cars I keep them in all the time and have only used the carpet once. Overall this is a great car the service is always great with Audi this is a great car to invest in."

Great car, but with a couple downsides.

By on Friday, April 4, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, quiet, standard features"

Cons: "Little headroom in the rear, confusing MMI system"

"Overall, Audi has done a great job with the 2015 A3 sedan! It is quiet (cruising), comfortable,and luxurious with the expected sporty feel of an Audi. The 2.0 quattro accelerates quickly and definitely instills a sense of fast in the driver. On the exterior, it appears aggressive with the body structure and lights. Inside, in the front, it does not appear confusing as the layout is straightforward (including the instruments); in the back, leg space is ample and offers a large trunk. This will benefit those who haul a great amount of items. Most importantly, the major attraction is that it comes with excellent standard features; LED lights (front and back), HD radio, leather seating, sunroof, and many others that frankly, I have forgotten. Many may realize something new inside; the MMI infotainment system. It is great as it retracts into a compartment when not in use and displays EVERYTHING for the car. This is where you can control the modes of the car (dynamic, comfort, etc.), radio, navigation (available package), phone, media (iPod), and social media display. A convenience that benefits the driver is a voice recognition system that is surprisingly accurate. It does take some getting used to though, especially the center console with the switches and handwriting apparatus. It will be confusing at first, but is not impossible to figure out. Another downside to the A3 is the back seat headroom. As a 5' 8" person, my head was almost touching the roof. If you are any taller than me, I would recommend sitting in front. To conclude this review, it is evident that Audi has maintained its reputation for producing great vehicles with this redesigned 2015 A3 and will be a car that I would recommend to someone searching for a decently priced luxury sedan!"

Legendary Audi Performance for the rest of us.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Value, safety, comfort"

Cons: "No backup camera"

"I purchased a 2015 A3 Premium 1.8T a few weeks ago and am still pinching myself regarding what I paid. I feel that the value for money here is exceptional. The cabin, while sporting a minimalist approach, is spacious, quiet and comfortable. Traveling from Chattanooga to Atlanta over 117 miles, using cruise control entirely, my A3 realized 38.2 MPG. Coming from a smaller car previously, I find the A3 to be a perfect size. Not too big, not too small, just right. I also like that the car comes with a standard 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. I cannot rate regarding reliability, but first impressions, and 800 miles in, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The one surprising omission from this car is the lack of a back-up camera. With Audi's focus on safety, this should be standard."