2013 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,322 - $26,175.

10/7.5

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Love it - owned the TDI A3 for 4 mos and all good!

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, great mileage, great style"

Cons: "Pricey upgrades"

"My only regret is not getting a few more options. Didn't want nav so left off some of the finer things in order to save $3-4k or so. Would have liked a few other convenience options but mostly because I left a fully loaded vehicle and got a little spoiled. I commute about 120 miles a couple times a week so the fuel economy more than makes up for missing a few extras. Love the way it drives, and still is the coolest looking fuel saver on the road IMO. Feels very Euro cool and I get lots of compliments from guys and gals across all demographics. I also coach two of my kids' teams so pile lots of coaching gear in the back no problem. I looked at TDI Jetta & Passat, hybrid Lexus hatch and a few others but the full package of the A3 TDI was my favorite and still is."

Cons: "Premium gas; instrumentation design"

"Best thing is the driving experience - it's a little rocketship, with great handling and crisp precise shifting (I own the 6-speed manual). However I find the instrumentation poorly placed and overly complicated. For example the climate controls are way down at knee level, and cramped together at that. While cargo space is ample, the passenger compartment storage leaves something to be desired, with a miniscule glove compartment and no pouches on the seat backs. Another annoyance is that the exterior door handles can only be grasped from underneath. For a "luxury" car I find it disappointing on such points."

Great car, but with a couple downsides.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Fast, comfortable, quiet, standard features"

Cons: "Little headroom in the rear, confusing MMI system"

"Overall, Audi has done a great job with the 2015 A3 sedan! It is quiet (cruising), comfortable,and luxurious with the expected sporty feel of an Audi. The 2.0 quattro accelerates quickly and definitely instills a sense of fast in the driver. On the exterior, it appears aggressive with the body structure and lights. Inside, in the front, it does not appear confusing as the layout is straightforward (including the instruments); in the back, leg space is ample and offers a large trunk. This will benefit those who haul a great amount of items. Most importantly, the major attraction is that it comes with excellent standard features; LED lights (front and back), HD radio, leather seating, sunroof, and many others that frankly, I have forgotten. Many may realize something new inside; the MMI infotainment system. It is great as it retracts into a compartment when not in use and displays EVERYTHING for the car. This is where you can control the modes of the car (dynamic, comfort, etc.), radio, navigation (available package), phone, media (iPod), and social media display. A convenience that benefits the driver is a voice recognition system that is surprisingly accurate. It does take some getting used to though, especially the center console with the switches and handwriting apparatus. It will be confusing at first, but is not impossible to figure out. Another downside to the A3 is the back seat headroom. As a 5' 8" person, my head was almost touching the roof. If you are any taller than me, I would recommend sitting in front. To conclude this review, it is evident that Audi has maintained its reputation for producing great vehicles with this redesigned 2015 A3 and will be a car that I would recommend to someone searching for a decently priced luxury sedan!"

Cons: "cup holders are a strange size"

"This is an amazing car, it drives great with amazing gas milage. I have the diesel version which is great because the cost of fuel goes up and down less so I can budget better. I got the car after looking alot and saving almost half of the down payment it was a little bit on the pricer side but it was worth it. The car sounds great not at all what you get from a "typical diesel" or the truck sound you would think of. It is really quiet and the turbo gives it real giddy-up. The only thing that is no the greatest is when you hit the gas you have the typical turbo lag but it really is a great car. The milage is great I doon't have a far commute to work and it is mostly stop and go traffic but I still get about 36 MPG which is great. And for longer trips nothing beats this car we take it everywhere, the all weather mats are a great feature as well they are not cheap looking like they are in some cars I keep them in all the time and have only used the carpet once. Overall this is a great car the service is always great with Audi this is a great car to invest in."

Cons: "Premium gas; instrumentation design"

Legendary Audi Performance for the rest of us.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Value, safety, comfort"

Cons: "No backup camera"

"I purchased a 2015 A3 Premium 1.8T a few weeks ago and am still pinching myself regarding what I paid. I feel that the value for money here is exceptional. The cabin, while sporting a minimalist approach, is spacious, quiet and comfortable. Traveling from Chattanooga to Atlanta over 117 miles, using cruise control entirely, my A3 realized 38.2 MPG. Coming from a smaller car previously, I find the A3 to be a perfect size. Not too big, not too small, just right. I also like that the car comes with a standard 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. I cannot rate regarding reliability, but first impressions, and 800 miles in, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The one surprising omission from this car is the lack of a back-up camera. With Audi's focus on safety, this should be standard."

Per Page:  5 | 10