2012 Audi A3

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Good on gas, fun to drive

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun n sporty"

Cons: "Turbo lag and maintenance cost"

"Bought this car used as my daily driver. its a fun car to drive the Fwd did great in pa 09-10 snow. I've been pulled over from other audi drivers to look at this car. I've added audi's ground effects kit and larger spoiler with audi's ECU upgrade ( done by audi with 4yr warranty) for better performance which has no turbo lag and better throttle response . Have had no issues since ive had the car but be prepared for the cost of owning ( ie; brakes, tires and overall upkeep) a german car. Overall a sporty,fun, nice interior and great handling car."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"This is the best car I've every owned, and I've purchased more than 10 new vehicles in the past 20 years. The balance of styling, features, power, handling, and value is right on. I get over 25 MPG on my daily commute through San Jose, and as much as 30 MPG on long trips, yet there is always power when I need it. The 2.0T engine is superb-- lots of power, almost no turbo lag, quiet but with just a hint of that sweet turbo spool. Perfectly matched to the 6-speed manual. I did drive a DSG when mine was in for an oil change once, and found it very fun as well. I have 20k miles on it now, and I've had only one issue...a broken headrest adjuster button, which was promptly replaced. Fun, fun car, and well worth the price of admission."

Great luxury value

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Overall value for the luxury, highly reliable."

Cons: "Seats could be a little more comfy"

"Although I broke my rule of buying the first model year of a vehicle, Audi has a tried and true 2.0 litre engine that is bullet proof. This car has 105K miles on it and we have only had to replace 1 headlight bulb. That is the only problem we have had. Everything else has been preventive maintenance and the car drives and seems brand new even with 105K miles. Gas mileage is pretty darn good too. We average 28 mpg, with up to 34 on the highway. The hatchback is highly convenient and it takes a Yakima rack like a champ. We have abused this car over the years with camping, biking and sports and it hasn't flinched. Highly recommend this car."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 06, 2009

"I've owned about a dozen cars so far, this A3 S-Line 3.2L is fantastic in every way. The performance of the engine is incredible, it's like driving a race car, and shifts the 250hp engine flawlessly. The styling and appearance is a thrill everytime I see the vehicle, Audi has the best design team. I really like the A3's size, its small enough to park in a snap, and steering radius is great to make quick U-turns or whip it around tight corners. It's large enough to take 4 on a weekend trip or lay down the seats and head to IKEA, capacity is surprisingly large. I didn't think I would like the OPEN SKY at first, but it's better than a convertable or moon-roof. The bluetooth lets me stay in touch, hands free, I just tell the car who to call for me, it's like having a digital assistant in the car. The gas milage is fantastic, I get about 25mpg, highway and around town. The ride is so smooth, it's very easy to speed by accident, and so amazingly quiet. The quality of the materials is second to none. When you close the door, you get this solid feel and sound, no expense in materials saved here, top notch. There is only one issue, because of the innovative gear system, when you put it in reverse it takes an extra second or so to shift gears, something to get used to when trying to park (backwards) in a hurry. When you test drive it park the car several times backward until you know exactly what I'm describing. Overall, this is an extremely high quality, super sporty, practical vehicle that has kept a smile on my face for nearly 2 years now. My highest recommendation."

06 Audi a3 2.0T

By on Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Great car, super fun to drive, very safe. Only bad thing is the reliability. Audi knows about the problems but lacks the desire to recall them to fix it. Watch out for cam follower damage, AC condensor issues and CEL indicators. Expensive to service and the dealers in WI are horrible at best. Find a good after market audi/vw mechanic and your good to go!"

Practical

By on Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Honestly love this car. I have owned a Porsche in the past but the comfort and how this car drives is much higher to my standards. The comfort, controls, options, are all great. I will be an Audi person for the rest of my life..."

LOVE IT

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I way downsized from an '02 tahoe (that I Loved but couldn't rationalize the money I was spending on fuel) I have always loved Audis from afar though... So when my '07 A3 2.0 showed up gently used at the local dealer (it had been their loner vehicle) I jumped at the chance to test drive it. It was true love. I've had it for about a year - no issues mechanical or otherwise in that time. Had to give her a little oil once but that was so easy - the service department offered to do it free just buy the oil, or just talk me through it over the phone! One flat tire the was rectified almost painlessly since I had opted for the tire and wheel insurance. Audi dealerships and especially the service departments really take care of their customers! All in all its a great car that while on the pricey side provides reliability and driving excitement. Just a warning - look out for the dirty jealous looks from other drivers!"

Totally Lovable

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Configure any other small FWD car with the same standard options and you'll be shocked at the price (e.g, MINI Cooper). After more than 2 years and nearly 35k miles, it has been completely trouble-free and reminds me everyday why I love this car. Not the fastest or best handling or cheapest or laden with the most cache, but above average in all those areas and thoroughly fun to drive. The DSG and 2.0TFSI engine conspire to make every shift quick and melodious. Yes, your BMW is probably quicker and your Merc is more luxurious but none are as smile-inducing as this peppy little "sportback." Service has been very good (and free). Time to go for a drive..."

i love this car

By on Monday, May 12, 2008

"I would recommend this car to anybody that likes something more sporty yet practical, fun to drive, and with a european flare. If you're looking for luxury/comfort/boring/cadillac type of a ride, this car is not for you. We get such a bargin for these cars in the states that its unbelievable. They cost about twice as much in europe. Go on the UK Audi site and check it out. I had a couple of small problems with electronics that resulted in the check engine going on. They were fixed with quick dealer visits and under warranty. I have the car for 2.5 yrs and 28,000 miles. Its been a great car. I"

basically perfect

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"i've owned the car for a year and a few months. not a single problem with the car except the annoying check engine light that goes on randomly and turns off a few minutes later. deal has never commented on it when i bring it up and the car has never driven or felt any different. stock tires wear out real quick even with conservative driving. style is great, DSG is the best transmission ever invented, 2.0T is a wonderful engine, a real step up from the 1.8T. rear suspension is also a huge step up from the old platform the A3 was based on. yes its more expensive than its cousin the VW GTi but i much prefer my A3's look, styling, luxury, and comfort. totally worth it and would buy again."

One of the greats

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"I have driven many new model cars as of late. This one really stands out. The 3.2 is a great car with great handling. Compare to a WRX STI, but not made of cheap plastics and with out childish gimmicks. Well refined and luxurious without forgetting the reason some love to drive, its fun."

love the car at this time, we just brought it home

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Again, so far so good."

Cons: "Back seat headroom if you are above 6' 2""

"the back seat headroom is a little short in that my son is 6'3", but in reality we didnt buy this for backseat headroom. The front seats allow us both to stretch out, i am 6'2" and have full leg extension."

A fun to drive TDI

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Lots of fun to drive with great fuel economy and upscale feel. The torque from the diesel makes passing climbing hills a joy. Overall great car."

Love my A3

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "well designed, drives so well, beautiful"

Cons: "no roof rack"

"This car has been a dream. So enjoyable to drive. I have owned it for 3 years and still get exited to drive it every day. Never had a mechanical issue, and drives beautifully!"

Can you catch me?

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I adore this car. I leased it because I figured I'd be ready for another new car in 2-3 years like I usually am. Nope! I'm going to buy my lease out. It's so well made. The sound when I close the doors gives me a little heart flutter. The torque is divine and the styling is superb. I sought out the 6 speed manual and I'm so glad! It shifts like butter and the clutch is the perfect mix of performance and comfort. I drive in traffic every day but I still wouldn't trade it for an automatic. It's geared so well that I can creep along in first and don't have to ride my brakes."

Sweet car!Great Value!

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"Great littlle performer.My car is a Quattro 2.0 TSFI with DSG.Wish they offered it in stick with Quattro.That is the only complaint. It feels and handles like much more expensive car.Top notch fit and finish,and of course nobody beats the Audi's Interior and controls. Priced in the mid thirties is a great value for the money.BWM eat your heart out! Of course nothing beats that Quattro in the snow.And 30 MPG on the HWY!!!"

2007 S-Line A3

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"This car handles like a dream, its fast and tight. I do almost entirely city driving, get +24mpg the whole time. Car is easy to park and maneuver around the city. On the highway the car feels solid as a rock. Steering is tight, suspension firm but not punishing. Highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a small luxurious and sporty vehicle. This fits the bill for fun and refinement."

best compact vehicle made

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"after driving all of the compact cars around this audi with the 3.2 and the quattro is the best most fun car there is. The transmission is amazing. Put this car in sport mode and it takes off like a race car and sounds like one too. I get great comments from people. You hardly see them around. This car is pricy compared to the competition but worth it in every aspect."

Fun and Efficient

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I have a 2006 A3 with premium package, open-sky system, rear spoiler and premium sound system. This is such a fun and sporty car to drive. I love it. The interior is gorgeous and the exterior is eye-catching and different. You don't see one of these often which I really like too. This car has power when you need it while at the same time is fuel effcient. I hope this car holds its value. If it does I will buy another Audi!!!"

MPG meets Performance

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"This is my 3rd Audi. If they don't change, I'll never buy another car. I'm very impressed w/ my A3 because it has 200+ Hp and still gets over 20mpg/City and a whopping 32 mpg/hwy...and I drive over 85mph on the hwy. Car handles great like all other Audi's. Also, it has retained its value. If you want a compact city car with performance and reliability, this is your car. Oh yeah...I've never paid full price for my Audi's. You can talk the dealer down at least $1,500 on this car if you purchase the maintenance and tire package."

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"It drives so sweet! If you are in to 4 door Hatchback this is one worth looking at. It was spendy but well worth it."

S-line A3

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Fun to drive with impressive get up and go for a 4 banger. Goos on gas and the styling cant be beat interior or out. Navigation system is really a nice feature with full color and many features. Well thought out car with many amenities."

A3 One Great Car

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"When you purchase an A3 Audi you get all of the quality, technology, and drivability of a large Audi at an entry level price. This car is a shear joy to drive. Additionally the small wagon format is very practical. Luxurious, sporty, and practical? You can have it all."

very nice

By on Saturday, May 19, 2007

"the car is reliable and fun to drive...but the options kinda costly if you really want to customize the car.."

Love My Little A3

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Sometimes feels too small"

"I've owned my Audi A3 (Premium Plus) since 2010. It was love at first sight. The exterior styling is sporty with a touch of economy. The torque of the turbo diesel make it accelerate like a sports car. The fuel mileage makes driving anything else seem wasteful. The tight handling make me look for roads with curves. The interior is all Audi. Very nicely done. The only complain might be that it's bit noisy on rough roads. The suspension is tight, so those rough roads cause me to apologize to my passengers. But, I love the feel of the road. I've got 75K mile on her now and looking forward to rolling over a couple hundred thousand more. - R"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Audi A3 near Honolulu. See local deals