2014 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,185 - $36,819.

10/7.6

9.3

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"I drove everything, came back to the TSX for the value, safety, quality, and reliability. Great lights, smooth ride, great stereo and a quiet cabin. Like everyone else says the high way steering is annoying, but it is the only downfall of such a great car (and certainly not a deal breaker). When I shop for my next car my first stop (and probably last) will be at the Acura dealer, the whole ownership experience has been excellent."

great car

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"This has been a great car for my wife. I love it so well I am going to buy a 2013 for my next car. I love the look, the ride, the features and the way it handles. Less happy that it dose not seam to have any more power than my Accord. It's been my wife's most favorite car she has ever owned."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Sporty style, good interior, very reliable"

Cons: "Wish I had a V6!"

"Love this car! Very reliable and sporty look. Wish I would have gone for the V6, but otherwise love it. Comfortable and moderately luxurious"

Excellent Driver / Great Value

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Fun, balanced handling, good fuel economy from 4cy"

Cons: "Back seat not childseat friendly, no 6spd in Wagon"

"I have had my TSX 6 Speed Manual for just about three years. The lease is ending. Really going to miss this car. The TSX has been one of my favorite cars ever, the 6 speed manual is very fun to drive! I love shifting through the gears, truly is a great manual transmission. The 4cyl keeps this sedan well balanced for great handling. So much fun to carve up the corners. The 2.4L is a very smooth engine that is happy to sing a sweet song when shifted at redline... but also happy to purr along in sixth gear and sip the gas! Good power in the higher RPMs and Excellent MPGs (average 28 around town)! I would lease another, but need more space as my family grows (going for an Odyssey van next). Wish Acura would have offered the 6speed Manual in the Wagon flavor and that the back seats had longer/stiffer seat belt latches, as it is hard to buckle up children in booster seats. The TSX interior looks best in black. TSX has excellent value. Comes with all the features I want/need in the base model."

Reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Looks nice, fun to drive, comfy front seats"

Cons: "Lack of leg room in back seat"

"Push button start, panoramic sunroof and cooled seats would be a big plus. Original tires wear out fast. Rear seat space is very small. Not easy to get in the back seat."

Very Good but not great

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"I just purchased the TSX Sportwagon after shopping a number of different brands. I shopped the Acura because of its overall brand reliability, value and cost of ownership. I bought the Acura because of its impressive interior comfort, drivability and craftsmanship. One thing, driven hard the TSX Sportwagon is a bit of a misnomer. This is after all a nearly 4000 lb car. It handles solidly but I am more impressed by the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 or even the Jetta TDI Sportwagon. Likewise the engine and drivetrain are solid but not exceptional. Left in automatic mode, the transmission shift points are geared for economy and cruising, not exuberant driving. However, once you get acquainted with the paddle shift controls, the 5-speed automatic gets the best out of a very impressive four cylinder engine. The engine revs quite easily to the 7000 RPM red line. With this kind of driving, I am getting very good highway mileage (nearly 33 MPG on premium) but city mileage is average (25 mpg). I would recommend the car to anyone who is interested in a wagon with great price point, interior comfort, solid driving dynamics and ride from a brand with excellent overall value."

Still new after three years

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"We bought this car new. After looking at Nissan, Toyota, and BMW 3 series, we liked the Acura for styling, interior features and sporty handling. The vague steering was a problem at first, but it doesn't effect the directional stability of the car. On long drives, the mileage is impressive. We have seen 34 mpg on freeway cruising. It wants premium fuel, but I have put in regular on occasion with out noticing any difference. Service costs are minimal. In three years, we have done the 30,000 service and two other oil changes for a total of $760. That included new brakes on the rear."

Most reliable and overall best car I have ever had

By on Saturday, May 02, 2015

Pros: "Great car. I get over 34 mpg in highway driving."

Cons: "must use premium gas"

"Superb car for the money. Many features that are standard are extra on other cars. Better than advertised mpg makes for good range. Solid construction, comfortable, quiet until you put the hammer down. Love this car. Sorry the TSX is being discontinued."

Good enough.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value for features provided"

Cons: "Not enough rear seat room; needs more cargo space"

"My wagon is a good enough ride. It comes with plenty of standard features you would expect on a Premium brand vehicle (mine does not have the Technology Package). It drives nice with enough power (you're not going to win any drag races against any Camaro SS's or Mustang GT's)and engine and transmission work well together. The only thing I would change is expand the wheelbase to the rear seat passengers have more room; and, also at the same time increase the cargo area in the back."

Love my sexy TSX SportWagon!

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, tech bells n whistles, sporty but refined"

Cons: "more cupholders; somewhat complex tech features"

"I just bought a 2011 TSX SportWagon with 5400 miles on it. Was in excellent condition like new. Just one tiny scratch that was repaired on the hood otherwise in perfect condition. Got a great discount from the dealer who was giving deals over Memorial Weekend, and got a good trade in on my previous vehicle. This is my first luxury car and I love the smooth quiet ride, excellent handling, has great power for a station wagon although could use just a tad more, finishes are very nice. I have the Tech package, love the navigation and backup camera. Stereo is excellent including a subwoofer. I'm averaging over 27 mpg since I bought the car, cannot complain about that. Although it's an adjustment to have to buy premium gasoline I am very happy with the mileage I'm getting. I would definitely by an Acura TSX again in the future. Sexy car!"

Awesome car!

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Styling, reliable! Great sound system"

Cons: "My 03 Jeep Liberty has better heated seats."

"Bought 2010 model new from dealer. Fun comfortable ride. Would definitely recommend."

I love this ride.

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"I plan on riding this car into the ground. I knew coming into it that Acura cars kept their resale value, now I know why. Solid car all around and turns heads everywhere you go. Usually Acura puts out a "redesign" every 4 years, but this time they've pretty much kept the 2009 model look because it's just so dang sexy."

Not my first Acura and definitely not my last!

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

"Bought my 2010 Acura TSX brand new 2 years ago. it has 55,000 miles on it and have not had one thing go wrong! I love it."

love this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

"The only thing I would change about this car is the price, but I think it's well worth it. Drives great, quiet ride, awesome sound system, most comfortable seats I've ever had, interior holds up very well, and the resale value also holds up well. Couldn't ask for more."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"My husband and I went searching for Sedans accidentally. 3 days into the search and we were sold on getting a Sedan. Next we determined our price range and max we were willing to spend. In total we looked at 14 different mid to full size Sedans. While we really liked Audi and Volvo they were to expensive when adding the leather and Nav to the package. The great thing about Acura is all that is standard when you buy the vehicle. Add to it the bonus features like the voice activated commands and it can't really be beat. A quality vehicle that looks sporty and is a blast to drive."

V6 model

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"The V6 model is a cut above the I4 model, not only does it have the power that makes you smile, but the Active Sound Control system makes for a nice quiet drive. The suspension and steering compared to the I$ version is also a cut above. Ride is what you would expect out of a semi performance vehicle, firm yet flat when cornering. The fit and finish is what really makes this vehicle shine. Overall you cannot beat the V6 version."

Love this car

By on Friday, January 29, 2010

"The perfect balance of sportiness and practicality. New body style makes this a great alternative to the standard sedan (Accord, Camry or Altima). 2009 has a wider stance and gives me just enough room for two car seats. I find myself staring at this car, as the styling is muscular, yet elegant. Tech package is a must with more bells and whistles than I could ever want. 415 watt stereo is incredible. Rear view camera is wonderful. VSC is amazing and these cars are about as safe as they come. I can honestly say I love driving this car. Some valve tap, in low gear, but I can live with that."

great car!

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Have had bmw, infiniti, and mercedes, this car is best value ever. Great mileage(28 overall), nice handling, superior comfort. Get the nav package, it is terrific."

Value for money

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"The best value for money if you are not a NASCAR driver.Moved from driving a V6 Accord.Had some doubts about the power but after driving it for 700 miles, I am impressed by the handling.You can easily get 33 mpg on the highway with premium gas.Technology package is a must. For people thinking of buying the V6,please buy the TL."

Love it!!

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

"Just bought the new special edition TSX. love it so far. go"

love it.

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no push button start"

"Excellent car love everything about it."

Love my Sportwagon

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Ride, Handling, Engine, Trans, Stereo, Cargo Room"

Cons: "Bluetooth is terrible, Premium gas, road noise"

"I love my 2011 Acura TSX Sportwagon. It handles great, has just enough power, although a little more (no turbo) would be nice. It has perfect cargo room for the dogs. Love the Stereo. Could use less road noise, but that is a Honda trait. All the cargo room of the RDX but without the SUV - Awesome."

Great car!!

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Everything you need is right where its supposed to"

"Ride handling driveability all awesome. Much better car than comprable bmw or lexus."

2nd TSX, still an awesome car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "very agile, fairly fast, good gas mileage"

Cons: "premium gas, would have liked the power of the V6"

"2nd TSX, 3rd Acura, 8th Honda product. All have been excellent. I would recommend them to anyone."

Best car ever owned

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, great technology"

Cons: "turning radius"

"I haven't owned too many cars, but next car I purchase will definitely be an Acura, if not this same car as it has been outstanding. The only thing I wish it did better was have a better turning radius (a CRV has a better turning radius than this car) but it is still an amazing car that is truly worth the price paid for it. The fact that the oil doesn't have to be changed except once every 6 or so months is an added bonus!"