2014 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,266 - $36,744.

10/7.6

9.3

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "You get a lot for your money with this car!"

Cons: "Get aftermarket brakes."

"I've owned my TSX since 2009, purchased certified preowned. I have to say that overall Acura did a great job on this vehicle. Honda, Acura's parent company, tends to lag the market with advanced features, so the TSX lacked a few electronics. What it doesn't lack, though, is amazing handling and ride. Even with a 4 cylinder, this car can move! I have had no trouble keeping up and even beating V6 cars with more HP. The transmission and shift points are perfect. The transmission has no problem keeping up. Flawlessly. Where Acura blew it was with the brakes. They were awful! They squeaked constantly and wore out quickly. The rear brakes went out at 15,000 miles! In the meantime, I put ceramic brakes on it and that took care of the wear and squeaking problem. But the rotors were junk, so I put on slotted and vented discs and that took care of it. Other than the brakes, this is a terrific car. I'm sad in a way to sell it - just not enough room in the back. But it's a solid car and I've cared for it meticulously."

Driving this car was a pleasure

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reason: trade in

Pros: "very satisfied with auto"

Cons: "no issues"

"Extremely well built car-- I had no serious trouble with its mechanics. Car served me well over four years of use and it should get another 90K miles. Rear brakes need replacement at 95K."

Comfortable, practical, reliable.

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, comfortable, 30 mpg!"

Cons: "slower than a Golf GTI. Infuriating NAV system"

"The most comfortable car I've ever owned. Front seats are like lazy boy armchairs. Superb for long road trips. Honda/Acura reliability are second to none."

Best car we have ever purchased.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Front seat comfort is the best"

Cons: "None."

"Used only by my wife and me(over 65), always covered, used for frequent trips to Utah and Montana. Never smoked in. All records at Las Vegas Acura."

Best Car I've EVER Owned

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"This car handles like it is on rails. The gas mileage is amazing and the vehicle is very comfortable to drive. I drive in the city and occasionally on the expressway. For a 4 cylinder car it has a ton of power. Will never own another car."

Love the car, wish

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp, turns heads, zips along"

Cons: "Low front bumper easy to scrape."

"It rides low to the ground. It can be bumpy for passengers. Seats are very comfortable but not quite as durable as I would like--feel a wee bit shot after 40K miles, and I am a smallish woman. For the cost and the cost to operate, its a great vehicle."

Overall I love this car

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"I am very picky and looked at many cars before buying this one. I really love this car the only complaint I have is the transmission should shift smoother. The acceleration in non sport mode is ok. In sport mode it is pretty fast. If your going 85 and hit the gas you still really feel it. The cars looks inside and out are just great. Very comfortable to drive. Under the hood is pretty simple and maintenance parts are easy to get at. I plan to keep this car for a while. Also the price can not be beat. I did like the Mercdes C300 a bit better, but the increase in cost was not justified. I will most likely buy a TXL v-6 next time due to wanting a v-6 and the great gas milage and 9 speed tranny."

Hands down best auto I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful driving experience."

Cons: "Lack of AWD"

"I have the V-6. It provides for a great driving experience. Plenty of power, terrific cornering, very solid feel when driving. Components are high quality and sound system is as good as I have heard, including Bose. I have 4 kids old enough to drive that are still at home and this is the car they fight over. It gets 18-20 mpg around town and 35 (yes 35) mpg on the highway. Best auto purchase I have ever made (my 12th car). Can't say enough about it."

Great entry level luxury

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "A lot of fun to drive, awesome price"

Cons: "I really don't have any complaints.."

"This car is probably more fun than it should be to drive. I went into my most recent car buying experience feeling like a 4-cylinder vehicle would be a joke. This car has changed my views on what quality and drivability are. From the high quality leather seats to the amazing sound system and navigation, the interior of this car is top notch. The 200hp engine is no joke, either. Whether I have the car in normal drive or Sport Mode, the car is very sensitive to the gas pedal and responds appropriately. Much more so than I had ever thought that a 4-cylinder vehicle could. I really love this car and am hoping to get years of enjoyable driving out of it. Highly recommend! It's in its last year of production with the new TLX coming out, so great deals are out there for it."

My best car to date

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Performance, style, quality, features, looks"

Cons: "No biggies, really - cabin could be quieter."

"After driving GM prior to 1987, and Hondas since 1987, I decided to get an Acura in 2010. Love it. Perfect car for my style, needs, and habits. Rates a 10 on just about everything, but the cabin should be just a little quieter, with a little more noise isolation, preferably. The V-6 with Tech Package is exemplary in terms of handling and convenience, but I don't use some of the features available in the GPS system, just the basics. I love the sound system, XM Radio, and handsfree links. Gas mileage is impressive considering the performance. I got mine with the interior trim upgrade, moon/sunroof deflector, and I installed an aftermarket protection film on the front end, mirrors, light lenses, etc.... I also have a legal film on the side and back windows, which helps the interior remain cool and protected from UV rays. As a hobbyist detailer, I use only the best buffers and chemicals in protecting all surfaces, and I drive gently most of the time, brake easily, and in general baby the car, but sometimes I do scoot when I feel the need, and the stiffer V-6 Tech Package car responds extremely well in curves and straight ahead tracking. It would cruise all day at 90+ mph, but the car's favorite cruise speed is 75, right in a most efficient band with respect its characteristics. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this car. It is, quite simply, perfect for me, a single man who rarely has more than one passenger at a time."