2014 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,915 - $29,530.

10/7.6

9.3

Based on 147 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Comfortable, practical, reliable.

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, comfortable, 30 mpg!"

Cons: "slower than a Golf GTI. Infuriating NAV system"

"The most comfortable car I've ever owned. Front seats are like lazy boy armchairs. Superb for long road trips. Honda/Acura reliability are second to none."

Best car we have ever purchased.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Front seat comfort is the best"

Cons: "None."

"Used only by my wife and me(over 65), always covered, used for frequent trips to Utah and Montana. Never smoked in. All records at Las Vegas Acura."

Best Car I've EVER Owned

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"This car handles like it is on rails. The gas mileage is amazing and the vehicle is very comfortable to drive. I drive in the city and occasionally on the expressway. For a 4 cylinder car it has a ton of power. Will never own another car."

Love the car, wish

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks sharp, turns heads, zips along"

Cons: "Low front bumper easy to scrape."

"It rides low to the ground. It can be bumpy for passengers. Seats are very comfortable but not quite as durable as I would like--feel a wee bit shot after 40K miles, and I am a smallish woman. For the cost and the cost to operate, its a great vehicle."

Overall I love this car

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"I am very picky and looked at many cars before buying this one. I really love this car the only complaint I have is the transmission should shift smoother. The acceleration in non sport mode is ok. In sport mode it is pretty fast. If your going 85 and hit the gas you still really feel it. The cars looks inside and out are just great. Very comfortable to drive. Under the hood is pretty simple and maintenance parts are easy to get at. I plan to keep this car for a while. Also the price can not be beat. I did like the Mercdes C300 a bit better, but the increase in cost was not justified. I will most likely buy a TXL v-6 next time due to wanting a v-6 and the great gas milage and 9 speed tranny."

Hands down best auto I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Wonderful driving experience."

Cons: "Lack of AWD"

"I have the V-6. It provides for a great driving experience. Plenty of power, terrific cornering, very solid feel when driving. Components are high quality and sound system is as good as I have heard, including Bose. I have 4 kids old enough to drive that are still at home and this is the car they fight over. It gets 18-20 mpg around town and 35 (yes 35) mpg on the highway. Best auto purchase I have ever made (my 12th car). Can't say enough about it."

Great entry level luxury

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "A lot of fun to drive, awesome price"

Cons: "I really don't have any complaints.."

"This car is probably more fun than it should be to drive. I went into my most recent car buying experience feeling like a 4-cylinder vehicle would be a joke. This car has changed my views on what quality and drivability are. From the high quality leather seats to the amazing sound system and navigation, the interior of this car is top notch. The 200hp engine is no joke, either. Whether I have the car in normal drive or Sport Mode, the car is very sensitive to the gas pedal and responds appropriately. Much more so than I had ever thought that a 4-cylinder vehicle could. I really love this car and am hoping to get years of enjoyable driving out of it. Highly recommend! It's in its last year of production with the new TLX coming out, so great deals are out there for it."

My best car to date

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Performance, style, quality, features, looks"

Cons: "No biggies, really - cabin could be quieter."

"After driving GM prior to 1987, and Hondas since 1987, I decided to get an Acura in 2010. Love it. Perfect car for my style, needs, and habits. Rates a 10 on just about everything, but the cabin should be just a little quieter, with a little more noise isolation, preferably. The V-6 with Tech Package is exemplary in terms of handling and convenience, but I don't use some of the features available in the GPS system, just the basics. I love the sound system, XM Radio, and handsfree links. Gas mileage is impressive considering the performance. I got mine with the interior trim upgrade, moon/sunroof deflector, and I installed an aftermarket protection film on the front end, mirrors, light lenses, etc.... I also have a legal film on the side and back windows, which helps the interior remain cool and protected from UV rays. As a hobbyist detailer, I use only the best buffers and chemicals in protecting all surfaces, and I drive gently most of the time, brake easily, and in general baby the car, but sometimes I do scoot when I feel the need, and the stiffer V-6 Tech Package car responds extremely well in curves and straight ahead tracking. It would cruise all day at 90+ mph, but the car's favorite cruise speed is 75, right in a most efficient band with respect its characteristics. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this car. It is, quite simply, perfect for me, a single man who rarely has more than one passenger at a time."

Very good car

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

"I was plesantly suprise at the gas milage. When I first bought the car I thought the gauge wasn't working because it took so long to move off the F"

BEST RELIABLE CAR

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "SMOOTH TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NO LEGS ROOM FOR BACK SEATS"

"NOT TOO FAST LIKE BMW OR BENZ"

Love my TSX.I would by it again.

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

"Pleasant drive,low maintenance cost."

Excellent Car

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Incredible styling, quality interior, performance"

Cons: "Back Seats tight - good for kids"

Taking Delivery of My New Baby

"After 4 years of research, test drives, and comparisons of various luxury sedans in this class, I decided on leasing a 2014 Acura TSX Special Edition 5 speed. The styling was great, the interior roomy (not in the back, but the kids are still little and fit) and the driving dynamics are comparable to anything in it's class. After test driving other cars in this class, I saw no reason to pass this one up - backed by Honda's Ironclad reliability - this one is a keeper - will buy out before lease ends for sure! If you want a well built, well engineered, and reliable performer with standard features that cost thousands more with the competition- look no further - there is no prestige in overpaying for the overpriced, potentially unreliable competition from across the pond."

Taking Delivery of My New Baby

Still exceeds expectations after owning 6 months

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Front seat comfort, performance, reliability"

Cons: "Small rear doors"

"I purchased a used TSX wagon as a second car for the wife, kids, and dog. The car quickly became the car of choice for the whole family (over the BMW). It combines Honda reliability with Acura cool. Front seat comfort is outstanding, performance of the 2.4 is solid, paddle shifters responsive, xenon lights are great, and the utility is perfect. The only negative is that the rear doors may be a little tight when the kids get older. I rent different cars several times per month. It is always a treat to come home to the Acura."

Good enough.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value for features provided"

Cons: "Not enough rear seat room; needs more cargo space"

"My wagon is a good enough ride. It comes with plenty of standard features you would expect on a Premium brand vehicle (mine does not have the Technology Package). It drives nice with enough power (you're not going to win any drag races against any Camaro SS's or Mustang GT's)and engine and transmission work well together. The only thing I would change is expand the wheelbase to the rear seat passengers have more room; and, also at the same time increase the cargo area in the back."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive, great tech, audio, nav system"

Cons: "Wish it had Tiptronic to go with paddle shifters"

"I'm a huge car fan and I have previously owned an Infiniti G35 and a BMW 328i. The 2010 V6 TSX blows them both away in almost every category. First of all, the V6 is powerful and easily outruns the 328 and at least keeps pace with the slightly higher HP G35 due to it being slightly lighter. But where the real value comes in is with that actual way this car is made. It's rock solid. Every part of it is well made with very high quality materials. Parts of the BMW and Infiniti were poorly made or fell apart easily. But the Acura is one of the best made cars I've had or seen. The styling is fantastic and it's sporty, but not overdone. Now to the really important part...the way it drives and handles. I will be honest...after coming from a BMW and Infiniti, I wasn't expecting to be blown away with it. But I was. From the moment I test drove this and drove it onto the highway, I was blown away. It has a slightly heavy (in a good way) but perfectly smooth feel to it and handles incredibly. The acceleration (on the V6 model) is flat out awesome...extremely smooth and extremely fast while maintaining extreme control. I was very surprised at how "attached" to the road you feel seeing as this is a slightly lighter car than I'm used to. The handling is truly impressive and acceleration, especially when using the Paddle Shifters, is quite incredible and will shoot you back in your seat if you put the pedal to the metal. I have the Navigation and Technology package and I couldn't be happier with that either. Everything can be controlled by your voice. And if you don't like using that feature, most things can be controlled by the steering wheel mounted controls, including the Bluetooth system. The Navigation system is nearly flawless. It's DVD based, so yes you do have to update the DVD (149 dollars) every few years (probably 3 times if you keep the car for a decade), but it's SO worth it. Takes virtually NO time to boot up and know where you are. You turn the car on, it loads for about 5 seconds while you are putting your seat belt on and getting ready and before you know it, it's ready, spot on with where you are, and never fails me. It's a very intuitive technology and navigation system and it also has lane assist and reads every thing to you while lowering the music automatically while it's speaking. The tech and nav package also comes with ELS Premium surround sound system. I'm a HUGE audio snob and this system absolutely blows both the Bose and Harmon Kardon systems I've had in previous cars out of the water. It has a built in sub in the back and then 9 other speakers that create one of the most impressive and luxurious sound experiences you've ever had. There is no way you won't be blown away with how incredibly awesome the ELS system is. Other random things I'm very happy with about this car is the quality of the leather, interior accenting, trunk space, HID lights, and memory seats. I can't tell you how much fun this car is. It's the best money I've ever spent and I plan on having this car until it won't drive anymore. And since it's basically a Honda, I know that will be a looooong time from now. It's literally the best car you can buy."

Best Value in Its Class

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Wanted a sports sedan, the first fork in the road--safety; check. The next fork in the road--reliability; that left two cars: the Acura TSX and Lexus IS 250. (I should clarify that I understand that neither the TSX or IS 250 meet the true definition of a sports sedan). The IS 250 underwhelms in ride and handling though is an absolutely gorgeous car! The TSX is the practical alternative in this segment and is much better equipped than the IS 250 at substantially less money. It is quick, handles nicely, and has a good balance between ride and handling. Add high quality materials and fit and finish and this car is awesome! The 4CYL lacks the instant power you may want/need when passing on the highway (I am still getting used to the paddle shifters after having a 3.5 V6), but it is not objectionable. Back seat is small, but this isn't an issue for me as 95% of the time I am the sole driver and my kids are grown. My biggest complaint/dissapointment is that I understand the TSX is being replaced by the ILX--too bad."

Great Car Favorite Yet

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "affordable for the options, fast and responsive"

Cons: "passengers comfort not considered much"

"Hands down this car is a fun car to drive. Responsive, punchy acceleration paired with all the comforts makes this car pretty awesome. Mine has everything except DVD system and I use the heck out of all the options. Love the iPhone connectivity through bluetooth and USB for music, love the seat heaters, sunroof and child safety latches for a car seat. Makes it super easy to install a car seat. Back up camera took a while to get used to but I love it and its a must have with little ones. Dual air controls are super nice, very handy. Pretty big trunk for such a small car, too. Strollers, groceries, whatever fits back there and the back seats lay down if needed. The only down side is the passenger seat doesn't have lumbar adjustment or up/down adjust, or back seat heating (only heats butt) and it didn't hold its value as much as I thought it would. Leather on the drivers seat is wearing really quickly, too. Thought it would hold up a little better."

Reliable and Sexy -

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Best value, fun to drive, reliable, roomy, sexy"

Cons: "uncomfortable driver's seat but fixable"

"If you want a reliable car that you can enjoy driving and admiring in your drive way this is it. The 4cyl engine has good pick up, gas mileage is good. High tech interior with the tech package and sporty looks. The rear seats fold down for hauling large items. The car is very versatile. I purchased brand new at the end of 2008 and love the car. It has been EXTREMELY reliable something I researched intensely before purchasing. The car has exceeded my expectations. One hit would be the drivers seat. It was very uncomfortable for me. I almost did not buy the car because of it but with a small seat modification (I paid a seat repair place to add/change the padding). It is perfect. Just drive the car for 20 minutes to confirm the seat works for you. If not, know that for about $800 you can make any seat comfortable. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned."

Great Wagon!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Handling, Cargo Room, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Premium Gas, could use more torque"

"Just traded my 2011 TSX Sport Wagon with 42K Miles on it for a 2013 TSX Sport Wagon Tech. Once I hear Acura will no longer make this car after 2013, I went out and got another one, just different color and better equipped. Love this car and so do the 2 dogs (lab and golden)Handles great with decent acceleration. Great gas mileage Have had MANY cars, but never the same one back to back. Love it"

great car

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"This has been a great car for my wife. I love it so well I am going to buy a 2013 for my next car. I love the look, the ride, the features and the way it handles. Less happy that it dose not seam to have any more power than my Accord. It's been my wife's most favorite car she has ever owned."

Stylish, comfortable, luxery.

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, sleek lines,"

Cons: "No V6 available"

White just screams luxury

"Bought a 2010 TSX 2 1/2 years ago. My first Acura. Between that and the Acura TL. Went with the TSX because it had a bigger trunk, and the seats fold down (the TLs dont). Pearl white, tan interior, dark tint. Head turner off the lot! Interior is more comfortable than some BMWs and Lexus models Ive sat in. Very soft seats, lush smooth leather, she welcomes you everytime you get in. A pleasure to drive long trips like I do for work. A 5 hour drive is a pleasure cruise, and 36-38 MPG on the hwy is great too! 500+ miles/tank. Tight steering, and takes corners like a champ. If you can find one, get the tech package, the NAV system is great, very user friendly. Performance is great with the automanual option. Quick in Auto-S drive, but quicker if you want to paddle shift on your own. Only thing I would change is the engine, they dont come in a V6. Absolutely love it, you wont be dissappointed. People at work think I got a huge raise when they see what I'm driving. "Luxury, inteligently priced" is the slogan, and its EXACTLY what you get in the TSX."

White just screams luxury

Just bought 2013 TSX

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive, impressive 4 cylinder"

"I love this car! The outside is very stylish and the interior is beyond basic, very very comfortable. Don't let the 4 cylinder engine turn you away, still has plenty of pick up with great gas mileage! I bought this car because it is very nice is all aspects and acura is known for their reliability. This car is ready for the long haul."

Practical,comfortable,great MPG, might need AWD

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Value, MPG, Comfortable, Solid build, practical"

Cons: "AWD would be nice w/out sacrificing MPG"

"My 2nd TSX,the first was a 2010 TSX Sedan. The wagon is great, plenty of room for day /weekend trips with the family, or to keep your gear stored away for spontaneous day excursions. I added aftermarket Thule racks which are very helpful, bikes on top gear in the cargo area. I do not do much day/city driving working from home office, but will take regional business trips where I am on the highway for 5-8 hours and the car drives great, is comfortable, and I regularly get 33+ MPG on the highway. The paddle shifters are fun, and help get you in and out when you need to. Also, I find that many who own this car never use the [S] Sport mode. This is simply just geared down but makes a bit more fun to drive. Typical driving is a bit underpowered but sufficient. Living in the mountains I do yearn for AWD at times but considering the reduced MPG most AWD get I don't miss it the rest of the year. I might opt for the Tech package if I did it again, but the standard package is practical, allows for direct USB plug into for iPod with dash controls, includes Bluetooth, steering controls, and has solid sound. If you need more space than a sedan but still want MPG (vs SUV), a few luxury comforts (the seats are great), and reliability of Acura this is a great car. Good value, solid build, great MPG; I am debating buying out my lease at the end and keeping this car."

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

Best in style and ride

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "great price, great drive, great look and feel"

Cons: "not that I am aware of ;)"

"I got a 2013 Acura TSX. I know its too early to call out this is the greatest car that I had ever driven, But so far this car has given me the utmost pleasure in look and feel compared to my previous car. This car is absolutely flaw less I would highly recommend this car, the features of this car are way more than what we get for other cars with same affordable price."