2013 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,674 - $29,898.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good enough.

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value for features provided"

Cons: "Not enough rear seat room; needs more cargo space"

"My wagon is a good enough ride. It comes with plenty of standard features you would expect on a Premium brand vehicle (mine does not have the Technology Package). It drives nice with enough power (you're not going to win any drag races against any Camaro SS's or Mustang GT's)and engine and transmission work well together. The only thing I would change is expand the wheelbase to the rear seat passengers have more room; and, also at the same time increase the cargo area in the back."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive, great tech, audio, nav system"

Cons: "Wish it had Tiptronic to go with paddle shifters"

"I'm a huge car fan and I have previously owned an Infiniti G35 and a BMW 328i. The 2010 V6 TSX blows them both away in almost every category. First of all, the V6 is powerful and easily outruns the 328 and at least keeps pace with the slightly higher HP G35 due to it being slightly lighter. But where the real value comes in is with that actual way this car is made. It's rock solid. Every part of it is well made with very high quality materials. Parts of the BMW and Infiniti were poorly made or fell apart easily. But the Acura is one of the best made cars I've had or seen. The styling is fantastic and it's sporty, but not overdone. Now to the really important part...the way it drives and handles. I will be honest...after coming from a BMW and Infiniti, I wasn't expecting to be blown away with it. But I was. From the moment I test drove this and drove it onto the highway, I was blown away. It has a slightly heavy (in a good way) but perfectly smooth feel to it and handles incredibly. The acceleration (on the V6 model) is flat out awesome...extremely smooth and extremely fast while maintaining extreme control. I was very surprised at how "attached" to the road you feel seeing as this is a slightly lighter car than I'm used to. The handling is truly impressive and acceleration, especially when using the Paddle Shifters, is quite incredible and will shoot you back in your seat if you put the pedal to the metal. I have the Navigation and Technology package and I couldn't be happier with that either. Everything can be controlled by your voice. And if you don't like using that feature, most things can be controlled by the steering wheel mounted controls, including the Bluetooth system. The Navigation system is nearly flawless. It's DVD based, so yes you do have to update the DVD (149 dollars) every few years (probably 3 times if you keep the car for a decade), but it's SO worth it. Takes virtually NO time to boot up and know where you are. You turn the car on, it loads for about 5 seconds while you are putting your seat belt on and getting ready and before you know it, it's ready, spot on with where you are, and never fails me. It's a very intuitive technology and navigation system and it also has lane assist and reads every thing to you while lowering the music automatically while it's speaking. The tech and nav package also comes with ELS Premium surround sound system. I'm a HUGE audio snob and this system absolutely blows both the Bose and Harmon Kardon systems I've had in previous cars out of the water. It has a built in sub in the back and then 9 other speakers that create one of the most impressive and luxurious sound experiences you've ever had. There is no way you won't be blown away with how incredibly awesome the ELS system is. Other random things I'm very happy with about this car is the quality of the leather, interior accenting, trunk space, HID lights, and memory seats. I can't tell you how much fun this car is. It's the best money I've ever spent and I plan on having this car until it won't drive anymore. And since it's basically a Honda, I know that will be a looooong time from now. It's literally the best car you can buy."

Best Value in Its Class

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Wanted a sports sedan, the first fork in the road--safety; check. The next fork in the road--reliability; that left two cars: the Acura TSX and Lexus IS 250. (I should clarify that I understand that neither the TSX or IS 250 meet the true definition of a sports sedan). The IS 250 underwhelms in ride and handling though is an absolutely gorgeous car! The TSX is the practical alternative in this segment and is much better equipped than the IS 250 at substantially less money. It is quick, handles nicely, and has a good balance between ride and handling. Add high quality materials and fit and finish and this car is awesome! The 4CYL lacks the instant power you may want/need when passing on the highway (I am still getting used to the paddle shifters after having a 3.5 V6), but it is not objectionable. Back seat is small, but this isn't an issue for me as 95% of the time I am the sole driver and my kids are grown. My biggest complaint/dissapointment is that I understand the TSX is being replaced by the ILX--too bad."

Great Car Favorite Yet

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "affordable for the options, fast and responsive"

Cons: "passengers comfort not considered much"

"Hands down this car is a fun car to drive. Responsive, punchy acceleration paired with all the comforts makes this car pretty awesome. Mine has everything except DVD system and I use the heck out of all the options. Love the iPhone connectivity through bluetooth and USB for music, love the seat heaters, sunroof and child safety latches for a car seat. Makes it super easy to install a car seat. Back up camera took a while to get used to but I love it and its a must have with little ones. Dual air controls are super nice, very handy. Pretty big trunk for such a small car, too. Strollers, groceries, whatever fits back there and the back seats lay down if needed. The only down side is the passenger seat doesn't have lumbar adjustment or up/down adjust, or back seat heating (only heats butt) and it didn't hold its value as much as I thought it would. Leather on the drivers seat is wearing really quickly, too. Thought it would hold up a little better."

Reliable and Sexy -

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "Best value, fun to drive, reliable, roomy, sexy"

Cons: "uncomfortable driver's seat but fixable"

"If you want a reliable car that you can enjoy driving and admiring in your drive way this is it. The 4cyl engine has good pick up, gas mileage is good. High tech interior with the tech package and sporty looks. The rear seats fold down for hauling large items. The car is very versatile. I purchased brand new at the end of 2008 and love the car. It has been EXTREMELY reliable something I researched intensely before purchasing. The car has exceeded my expectations. One hit would be the drivers seat. It was very uncomfortable for me. I almost did not buy the car because of it but with a small seat modification (I paid a seat repair place to add/change the padding). It is perfect. Just drive the car for 20 minutes to confirm the seat works for you. If not, know that for about $800 you can make any seat comfortable. This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25