2013 Acura TSX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,366 - $29,576.

10/7.7

9.3

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

High line car features for a regular price

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Interior quality, handling, steering, audio system"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"2010 silver Acura TSX 4 cylinder automatic with black leather. First the bad, the rear seating area doesn't have a lot of room, however my son who is 5-10 and about 230 fits back there and tells me "dad, it's fine, the seats are so comfortable" lol. But I think the room is tight. Now the good!!! I have owned this car for three days and I can tell you being a car guy and having been in the business for 10 years, this car is worth the money, which is very little compared to what you get. Many people talk about the domestic mid sized sedan look, however I think this cars snout and rear end set it apart. The xenon headlamps with fog lights are very nice and bright with a crisp line. The headlights never get in the mirror of the car in front of you which I hate. Sitting in the Acura TSX the first thing you notice is the high quality of ALL the materials inside. They didn't skimp on anything. It's well laid out. It feels like your in a well fitted cock pit of a jet plane while seated. Passenger space and leg room are great. All the controls are well placed and easily mastered after a few drives so don't get overwhelmed. The acceleration is fine for a four cylinder and the gas mileage if far better than advertised. I will get over 500 miles on my first tank driving mostly city and normal driving habits. Lifting the hood will verify the quality as it feels like it is made of pure steel. Mostly driving German cars, I enjoy the feel of sturdiness and quality. Acura maintains the Honda reliability and gives you the premium touches that most consumers crave. The switchblade key fob looks very cool and is easy to operate. The steering is amazing and effortless and the handling is very good. Suspension is good and while you feel some bumps the nice seats make up for that. The interior is quite and the premium sound system is plenty for anyone who enjoys music. Love the Bluetooth hookup to my iPhone which is very easy to set up. I'm usually very critical of all cars but really they only bad thing I can find on this car is that in the middle right part of the driver seat it seems to be a bit uncomfortable however the whole seat in general is way above average. I am 6-1 and weigh about 250 so this might be the reason for that. Hope this review helps. Don't forget that Acura has extremely high resale value and when you factor in the quality and reliability, it's a best b in my opinion. Have fun."

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

Great value for price, with flaws

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Great price, Standard options, Road grip, MPG"

Cons: "Disconnected steering and brake feel, Understeer"

"This car has been pretty much a breeze to own within the 30k miles that i've had it. The only things that you have to watch out for on this car is the rear brake pads. It's been in the shop 3 other times regarding the battery / car dying. That was more the dealership than the car itself. The gas mileage is right on point, if you lighten up on the pedal you can squeeze a lot of MPG from this car on premium. It comes standard with almost everything except the NAV. The xenon lights are great on this car, along with the iPod and Bluetooth if you like technology. The performance is where this car lacks, although it has plentiful power in most situations it lacks low end torque and can feel underpowered sometimes. The steering is horrific and way too loose, it makes the car seem less connected to the road. They should put the tighter TL steering in the TSX! The transmission holds gears sometime and the 5 speed automatic gets busy after 70 mph and revs in the 3000s. The brakes are terrible and inexcusable for a car like this, the stopping distance and pedal feel resembles a large SUV. Other than that, the car is pretty heavy and stable and feels safe. The grip is the strong point for this car, understeer is very strong in curves but the standard tires grip the road with confidence."

Traded my 2007 TSX for my 2011 TSX

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Good looks, great ride, reliability, and resale"

Cons: "Ride is not as sporty as previous model"

"I owned a 2007 TSX and loved it. When the new car fever came I looked at several other cars but bought a 2011 TSX. I do love this car. The 2011 model feels roomier inside and due to the change in the body style you do feel like it is wider. The ride is quieter and smoother than the 2007 model. So overall I am pleased. Now that I have owned by car for 15 months I will say that the 2007 model was more fun to drive. Maybe the smooth ride in the 2011 model has diminished my feel for the road. That is my only negative comment on the 2011 TSX. I get 1-2 MPG more than I did with my 2007 in city driving. Highway MPG is about the same. Having owned a TSX since 2007 I will say that I have never had to have any repairs done. I have regular maintenance done and there was one very minor recall on my 2007 model that Acura fixed very quickly. Overall this is a high quality car that drives nice and looks good. In a few years I might even buy another TSX."

An absolute joy to drive; MPG fantastic

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "MPG; fun to drive; great value for price"

Cons: "Steering wheel should be motorized........."

"This vehicle is an absolute joy to drive; accelerates like a V6 with gas mileage which puts any 4 cylinder non hybrid to shame. I get 23-24 in the city and up to 37 on the highway. Interior is nicely constructed and convenient. Exterior just sporty enough. Would buy again in a nanosecond......"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25