2010 Acura TSX

Based on 170 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Great car, but could be better

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, quality, highway mileage, value relative to a european marque."

Cons: "tightish back seat, needs 6-speed auto."

"Wonderful road car--Firm but comfy suspension tuning; superb seats, very sharp handling. Car really needs a 6 (or 7 or 8) speed transmission, though. Would make the surprisingly strong 4-cylinder much peppier and improve around-town mileage. Beautiful interior, but at least in ebony seems to show every scuff. Sound system and Navi are great but overly complex to operate, particularly XM radio."

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I love this car to death. Acura makes an incredible automobile. Don't hesitate to try one out. You'll love it too."

best decision i have ever made

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"i love this car. ive only had it for about 2 weeks but man has it been great. for some people its a chore to drive but now for me, its just an enjoyment. the car rides great and has such a comfortable feel. it has everything that other cars have, the only tihng is that it comes standard in the tsx. best part about it is that the safety features dropped my car insurance by almost $50 a month. overall i love the car and it has been the best decision i made."

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I just purchased a 2009 with technology package. It's a great car! Plenty of interior room except the back seat is a little short on space. Performance and quality are excellent and everything you would expect from Acura. It's hard to believe that this is a 4 cylinder car! Great gas mileage (27 combined). My wife has a 2006 TSX that she loves but it was a little bit small for me. The newly designed and enlarged 2009 is perfect size. Again, it is a fantastic car!"

best vehicle

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"Loved the Honda and love this car...would love it more if it was a plug in hybrid!!!!"

Great balance

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Great balance of price, performance and luxury. Performance is more than adequate for me. Ride and handling is a bit more firm than previous cars I have owned but on road imperfections it handles them with confidence. Interior is finished nicely, seats are great - very comfortable and supportive."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"I leased this car about 5 months ago and love it! It has spoiled me. It drives very smooth and is quiet. I have the manual 6 speed, which I recommend. I test drove the automatic and did not like how it rode. It is very roomy. The only thing I did not like was the back seats folding down, they do not fold down that great to fit my surf board through the trunk. But overall, great car!"

Great performance. Average MPG 29!

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Drives great. Very comfortable front seats. Gets great gas millage, I have been getting 26 city and 33 hwy."

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

Great Value with Style!

By on Monday, October 6, 2008

"I considered a basic late model 325ix BMW 6 spd. manual w/26000 Miles on the 0dometer ($28000). On a whim road by the Acura dealer and bought a 2009 TSX. For the money I got a brand new car fully loaded with a 50000 mile 4/yr warranty & the latest technology. So I'll have to pay for my oil changes , but I'll save in the long run. a comparable BMW with all the options I have would cost another $10000.00 It's a gas sipper w/6 speed manual. The ride is great, comfortable seats. In todays economy and high gas prices. I'm happy with my purchase."

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2009 TSX

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Excellent car for the money. Traded a V-6 Honda and was concerned about the loss in HP. This 4 banger produces plenty of HP. Ride is excellent and the Technology is outstanding. Was set on a TL, but the TSX handled much better and was a better value for the money. 3 complaints are the glare from the navigation screen, cheaply made floor mats and the design of the fuel door. The bonus is the mileage. Getting 30+ in mixed driving using mid-grade. Highly recommend this ride. Have owned for 3 months and now have 7k on the odometer."

Best car for the investment

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"After looking at BMW 3-series, Mercedes C-class, and the new 2009 Acura TSX-Tech package, the TSX gives you the most bang for your buck! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking to jump up to the entry-level luxury car market."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I bought my 09 TSX (white w/black leather) this past May 08, and I LOVE my car. After I bought my 91 Legend, I have always been an Acura fan. 1) The style, size and comfort was completely redesigned. The seats are very comfortable. The dash was totally revamped. The interior is beautiful. 2) The car comes fully loaded, with or without navigation. 3) The price is good and you get MORE car for your money. 4) It is alot bigger on the inside versus the 08 TSX. 5) The vehicle moves, and is fast. 6) I drive from LA/Corona to Encino Monday through Friday and fill up every 4 1/2 to 5 days, so it is really superb on gas. With the way that gas prices are today, to fill up on Premium fuel is about $68.00. 7) It is a car that turns head for both the young and the old. I have a friend who is 6'5 who is planning on purchasing this car. If I was to have a complaint it would be the Bluetooth system, which is standard. Callers sometimes can not hear me through my speakers, but it's not a big deal since I have a bluetooth for my cell phone. Maybe the navigation/technology package has the better system."

The 08's were great, is the 09 better?

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"There are few direct similaritites between old and new, like the same engine and price range, but the new 09 TSX stepped up the fit and finish, technology, handling and looks. When Acura redesigns a model they seem to really do their homework in addressing competitive issues and features The safety ratings this car is receiving seems to be best in class. I really like the sound system and the bluetooth connectivity for my phone and audio. I was first interested in the 6speed manual shift but after I drove the auto with paddle shifters, I think the auto would be my pick."

A smart choice

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"In September 2008 I was looking for an entry-luxury sport sedan in the low $30,000 price range. Must-haves included: - Navigation system - Bluetooth - iPod connectivity Given these features were so high on my wish list my preference after driving competitors kept going back to the TSX. -The Lexus IS250 is very well built but has a small back seat and would be too pricey with the Nav system. Plus the Acura's 4-cylinder actually feels quicker than the small 6 in the 250. - The G35 (at the time) had all the engine I wanted but again the price just got too high if I wanted anything but the base model - The BMW 3-series and Mercedes C-Class gave me the same problems with pricing At the end of the day I felt like I was making the "smartest" decision going with the Acura. Some observations after 2 years of ownership and 30,000 miles: - rear brake pads were toast after 20,000 miles. This is common in the TSX's and from my understanding it is more of an engineering trick to get us to buy new brakes at the dealer every few years (remember when rear brakes hardly ever needed servicing?) - overall build quality has held up very well so far, but you will not mistake this for a Lexus over the long term. I've gotten a few small rattles here and there from the rear view mirror, and the driver door lock actuator had to be replaced (under warranty) from a groaning sound - overall things I'm willing to deal with given the low cost of entry - performance around town is "peppy" with the 4-cylinder, and the transmission is very sporty with auto-downshifts and holding the gear in high-revs, but I would certainly consider the new V6 option if the budget permitted - Nav system, Bluetooth, and iPod integration are fantastic and impress many passengers who think the car is more expensive than it is In my opinion, for this kind of money you'd still be hard-pressed to find a car with more features, styling, and reliability than the TSX."

Best looking standard production car on the road

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, loaded with features, best looking"

Cons: "road noise"

"We purchased the 2010 4-cyl model for my son after he graduated from college and we are constantly fighting over who gets to use it. We also own a BMW 3 and a Audi A5 (traded in our Lexus IS). The TSX is hands down much more fun to drive - even more fun than the V6 model because its a harder challenge to keep its performance high. But the TSX 4-cyl has a highly torqued gearing, a high rpm engine and a very fast paddle shift system that - if used properly - will allow you to abuse the road and accelerate to pass like a Kawasaki. We do not baby this car. Yet it holds up well to wear and tear - requiring only a brake pad and air filter change with regular oil service as indicated on dash with some cryptic code that your local Acrura service rep will interpret for you. (Our BMW required a tranny job already). Its sound system is killer - equipped with full separates on doors rear deck, and a dedicated subwoofer - besting anything we heard and test drove. Its also the best looking car on the road till today - the only better looking ones being borderline exotic like the Jaguar and Audi A8. Bluetooth system pairs flawlessly to any cellphone, is voice activated, and controls all music files from the steering wheel. Hellooooo BMW..... Driver seat has memory settings and mine are programmed to move backwards when I open the door - allowing easy entry/exit. Gas cover and trunk are push activated onsite so you don't need to go back into the dam car if you forgot to push the gas/trunk release and the keyfob is still in the ignition. Turning radius excellent - can reverse park from extremely tight angles. Passenger mirror turns down so you can see how close you are to the curb! Lastly, the TSX has the brightest headlights of all vehicles - standard and exotic - ejecting a pure white corona on the road aimed perfectly so it doesn't dazzle the vision of oncoming traffic. (It just spell-binds them). They also stay on when you turn off the engine and exit the car at night so that you're not fumbling around in a suddenly dark garage - helllooo Audi and Benz...."

Good Car, but its not a BMW

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2010 TSX w/Tech in 09/09 for around 31,900, which I thought was a great value. I was coming out of a 2006 BMW 330i with around 85k. I wanted/needed to get a car under warranty, lower cost of ownership, and I really wanted Nav. The Acura is a great value, no doubt about it. However, after owning it for 15 months and placing around 23,000 miles on it, I began to miss the Bimmer. The most annoying issue in the 15 months was one of the must have features-Navigation. Sometimes it was not readable b/c of the glare of the sun or it would freeze up. I would have to pull the car off the road and turn the ignition off to reset it. Needless to say, it was a major pain (This was at least a monthly incident). Dealer suggested cleaning the disk, which seemed to help. Another issue was that the front seat showed excessive wear and I am not a heavyweight. Lastly, (on about 5-6 occasions) the car would not crank on first try. Always on 2nd. I thought this was strange for a brand new car. I like the Acura, but did not love it. I can be somewhat critical with vehicles, so dont let this dissuade you from purchasing. It has great gas mileage and lots of features, but I'm a better fit with the BMW (despite the high cost of ownership.)"

High line car features for a regular price

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "Interior quality, handling, steering, audio system"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"2010 silver Acura TSX 4 cylinder automatic with black leather. First the bad, the rear seating area doesn't have a lot of room, however my son who is 5-10 and about 230 fits back there and tells me "dad, it's fine, the seats are so comfortable" lol. But I think the room is tight. Now the good!!! I have owned this car for three days and I can tell you being a car guy and having been in the business for 10 years, this car is worth the money, which is very little compared to what you get. Many people talk about the domestic mid sized sedan look, however I think this cars snout and rear end set it apart. The xenon headlamps with fog lights are very nice and bright with a crisp line. The headlights never get in the mirror of the car in front of you which I hate. Sitting in the Acura TSX the first thing you notice is the high quality of ALL the materials inside. They didn't skimp on anything. It's well laid out. It feels like your in a well fitted cock pit of a jet plane while seated. Passenger space and leg room are great. All the controls are well placed and easily mastered after a few drives so don't get overwhelmed. The acceleration is fine for a four cylinder and the gas mileage if far better than advertised. I will get over 500 miles on my first tank driving mostly city and normal driving habits. Lifting the hood will verify the quality as it feels like it is made of pure steel. Mostly driving German cars, I enjoy the feel of sturdiness and quality. Acura maintains the Honda reliability and gives you the premium touches that most consumers crave. The switchblade key fob looks very cool and is easy to operate. The steering is amazing and effortless and the handling is very good. Suspension is good and while you feel some bumps the nice seats make up for that. The interior is quite and the premium sound system is plenty for anyone who enjoys music. Love the Bluetooth hookup to my iPhone which is very easy to set up. I'm usually very critical of all cars but really they only bad thing I can find on this car is that in the middle right part of the driver seat it seems to be a bit uncomfortable however the whole seat in general is way above average. I am 6-1 and weigh about 250 so this might be the reason for that. Hope this review helps. Don't forget that Acura has extremely high resale value and when you factor in the quality and reliability, it's a best b in my opinion. Have fun."

On my Second TSX

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Dependable car with great technology"

"Just traded in my 2006 TSX with 165,000 miles for the 2012. My 2006 was extremely dependable and got great gas milage. Other than regular oil changes had no other major maintenance items in the 5 years that I owned this car. When I purchased my 2012, I also looked at the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and the Mercedes C class. All provided none of the upgrades that the TSX had in it's base price. To get a similarly equipped model it was at least 10k more in the other brands. I also test drove the new ILX but found it a bit too small, though the ride was nice. I put almost 25k on my car in a year and enjoy the comfort and technology in the Acura. I also have a Acura MDX that my wife drives and loves. PS - I was able to negotiate a $30,500 price for the TSX with the Tech package (inclusive of destination and with the added floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks). I recommend emailing dealers in the area and making them an offer."

Great value for price, with flaws

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Great price, Standard options, Road grip, MPG"

Cons: "Disconnected steering and brake feel, Understeer"

"This car has been pretty much a breeze to own within the 30k miles that i've had it. The only things that you have to watch out for on this car is the rear brake pads. It's been in the shop 3 other times regarding the battery / car dying. That was more the dealership than the car itself. The gas mileage is right on point, if you lighten up on the pedal you can squeeze a lot of MPG from this car on premium. It comes standard with almost everything except the NAV. The xenon lights are great on this car, along with the iPod and Bluetooth if you like technology. The performance is where this car lacks, although it has plentiful power in most situations it lacks low end torque and can feel underpowered sometimes. The steering is horrific and way too loose, it makes the car seem less connected to the road. They should put the tighter TL steering in the TSX! The transmission holds gears sometime and the 5 speed automatic gets busy after 70 mph and revs in the 3000s. The brakes are terrible and inexcusable for a car like this, the stopping distance and pedal feel resembles a large SUV. Other than that, the car is pretty heavy and stable and feels safe. The grip is the strong point for this car, understeer is very strong in curves but the standard tires grip the road with confidence."

Amazing.

By on Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I have had my Acura TSX for about 2 1/2 yrs and its a beauty. I am looking to get a 2010 to upgrade from my 04' and I wouldnt have it any other way then to get another ACURA TSX. I can honestly say that I am in love with my car. I have been to dealerships and researching the newer models for a couple months now and I am positive this car is well worth the money. Its sleek look with soo many features...Leather seats, premium sound, sunroof, back up camara, fog lights, etc etc etc the list can go on and on. I recommend this car to anyone. I will note my reason for the 4 star for proformance...I have had a few minor maintenance issues that all came after i hit 100,000.00 but i guess its all normal with age. Gooo get your Acura guys :)"

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Bought to go back and forth to work and carry the kids around town. My 3 kids (all under 10) fit nicely in the back seat, but not enough room for long trips. Tons of fun to drive especially in Sport mode or with paddles. The bluetooth, audio features, navi., and other gadgets all work really well. Average ~30 MPG highway, ~23 MPG around town on high grade gas. OK in the snow, but AWD would be a nice addition. 4cyl. is enough power for me and I like the good MPG."

Cool tech Car!

By on Monday, June 8, 2009

"Sound system and Nav. are top of the line. Inside is a little small for big guys. 91 oct. gas makes this car run like a small rocket, stay away from the 87 oct. MPG with high Oct is well worth the cost."

Just bought 2013 TSX

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Very responsive, impressive 4 cylinder"

"I love this car! The outside is very stylish and the interior is beyond basic, very very comfortable. Don't let the 4 cylinder engine turn you away, still has plenty of pick up with great gas mileage! I bought this car because it is very nice is all aspects and acura is known for their reliability. This car is ready for the long haul."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals