2007 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 397 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

220,00 and still going

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable, 200 HP, 30 MPG highway..."

Cons: "Not exactly thrilling looking from side or back"

"bought this car new in 2004. It has needed four sets of tires and a brake job, a battery, a 125,000 mile tune up, and an oxygen sensor. That is it. Whoever posted that they paid for the center console replacement should run back to Acura and demand a refund... they had to replace then all as they were faulty. I cannot say enough about how great this car still runs and looks."

Own this vehicle for 10 yrs and it's still kicking

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance value over the life of the car."

Cons: "None. You get what you paid for, a great car."

"I bought my 2004 Acura TSX in May of 2003. I was one of the first customers to get my hands on it right off the assembly line. As a young professional, this was the perfect car to start with. It had a very sporty feel with a luxury touch to it. As my first vehicle purchase, I keep it in excellent shape. Oil changes and specific services were always maintained. I have my own mechanic, so whenever an issue arouse (engine relating), I would have my mechanic quickly service it to the dealers specifications. This saved me tons of money in the long run. The only time I had to shell out major money to the Acura service dept. was to repair the center console stack when the display went out. The only major fix for my mechanic was for a compressor fix on the AC unit. I've changed out the tires with a brand new set only twice with the lifetime of this vehicle. With proper maintenance, I was able to extend the wear of my tires beyond what they were rated for. A testament to that was easily surviving all three snowstorms during snowmageddon. I'm sure proper maintenance can extend the life of any vehicle; however, there's something about the way the TSX was built. It may not be the fastest, but it has just enough power. It wasn't the most expensive, but it still had a touch of class."

Best car in it's class!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Styling, handeling, fun to drive, east to maintain"

Cons: "road noise, could be a tad larger"

Love this car!

"I have owned this car for 3 years now. We bought it with 80k miles on it. We were hesitant with the millage however, we knew it was a "Honda" and we could risk it. Originally we fell for it because of the looks. No other car in our price range was this fully loaded. Then, we learned through an Acura mechanic (that we know as a friend) that this car has a timing belt instead of a chain-so we could rest a little easier about the millage. He also told us that this was a low maintenance vehicle. So far- he was right. We did have to replace the alternator at 115K miles. Only cost $300 so that wasn't horrible considering that has been the ONLY issue we have ever had with the car. The road noise can get a little loud every now and then. Hoping better tires may help this, but, in no way does this make me like my car less. Great car, love the interior, the audio everything. Could not have purchased a better car! And, she has a TON of life left in her!"

Love this car!

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"I bought this '06 new in Sept 2006. I've had it for about 2-1/2 years and it is the best car I've ever owned. I get about 24 mpg around town, and get mid 30's on the highway. It takes a light foot to get that mileage, but with the instant mileage gauge, it isn't hard. I love the heated seats, the sound system, and the navigation system (especially the voice activated sound and climate controls). It is fun to drive and sporty. While it isn't a rocket off the line, it has plenty of power once you get a few rpms going. There isn't anything I would change with this car. When recently asked what car I would buy if I could spend $40k on a new car, I said I wouldn't! I don't want to ever get rid of this car."

Astonished

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"I bought this one 2 years ago with 30k on the clock...clean and fully loaded, including the NAV system. In the words of the Auto Nations dealer who sold me the car, "You're getting a better Honda"; an homage to the '98 Accord V6 coupe I'd bought new, and traded in (for $3,000 credit). The Accord was still running and getting rated mileage...but it suffered from the kind of 'cosmetic' issues you expect after 11 years. It also didn't start unless you leaned back on the transmission stick; an artifact of a transmission rebuild that didn't go quite right. The TSX was only a 4-banger, but it promised the same horsepower as the V6 Accord: 200, but elsewhere on the engine rpm curve. I found the TSX lacked the 'snap your head back' characteristic when you punched the gas pedal at highway speed that the Accord still had with 220,000 miles on the clock. Translation: it took a pregnant pause longer for you to feel that burst of speed, but it eventually got there. The main difference is in fuel economy. The best highway mpg I ever got with the Accord, at 70 mph and too much air in the front tires was 30; not bad for a V6, but I didn't dare overinflate the front tires in rainy weather or for long trips in the summer. The TSX? 41.5 mpg highway with the 'right' mix of premium and regular unleaded. The engine calls for 90 octane; who sells 90 octane? Yes, there used to be places that sold low octane, 100 octane and 3 versions of 'mid-grade'; not anymore. So I would fill the tank with primo (93 octane) where it's cheap, and top it off when I'd driven 200 miles with regular (87 octane); with a roughly half-and-half mix, I was burning 90 octane gas. Coming home one night, I stopped at a station that must have had some really fresh premium; I topped it off and started home, 67 miles of mostly highway driving south on interstate 95. I started out on the highway at 65 and slowly accelerated it to 70, kicking out the cruise control to 'coast' on downhill runs. The trip compute was still reading 41.5 mpg by the time I'd pulled into my garage. Stylistically, the interior of the car is like a Mercedes or BMW; aside from the signature Acura logo on the wheel, the fit and finish of the leather seats, the plastic/vinyl accoutrements and the power seat adjustments make for a very elegant and comfortable ride. The dual-zone climate control system is a bit cryptic; and though I actually prefer more 'manual' control over the air conditioning here in Florida, the system works well. My only complaint is that have to invoke a whole set of menus and options through the touch-screen of the NAV display to do something as trivial as make the fan blow harder. Now that winter is upon us, I love driving around with the sliding sun roof open. On sunny days when I know it isn't going to rain, I leave it in 'position 2'; cracked open to vent hot air, while still providing security for my stuff. With 17 inch rims and 200 horse in a car not much bigger than a Corolla, it feels like I'm driving a European sport sedan. I love the 'trip-tronic' auto-manual feature of the transmission and often initiate planned braking by using engine compression to slow me down. For this reason, I expect to go a long time before I need to do a brake job. Of course, 'horsing around' costs you fuel economy. Still, with a combined 27 city/highway mileage, I've got some margin to play around. The Auto Nations guy was right; it's a better Honda. I've put 33,000 miles on the car in the last 2 years. I'll let you know how we're doing in another 160,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals