2006 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

Astonished

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"I bought this one 2 years ago with 30k on the clock...clean and fully loaded, including the NAV system. In the words of the Auto Nations dealer who sold me the car, "You're getting a better Honda"; an homage to the '98 Accord V6 coupe I'd bought new, and traded in (for $3,000 credit). The Accord was still running and getting rated mileage...but it suffered from the kind of 'cosmetic' issues you expect after 11 years. It also didn't start unless you leaned back on the transmission stick; an artifact of a transmission rebuild that didn't go quite right. The TSX was only a 4-banger, but it promised the same horsepower as the V6 Accord: 200, but elsewhere on the engine rpm curve. I found the TSX lacked the 'snap your head back' characteristic when you punched the gas pedal at highway speed that the Accord still had with 220,000 miles on the clock. Translation: it took a pregnant pause longer for you to feel that burst of speed, but it eventually got there. The main difference is in fuel economy. The best highway mpg I ever got with the Accord, at 70 mph and too much air in the front tires was 30; not bad for a V6, but I didn't dare overinflate the front tires in rainy weather or for long trips in the summer. The TSX? 41.5 mpg highway with the 'right' mix of premium and regular unleaded. The engine calls for 90 octane; who sells 90 octane? Yes, there used to be places that sold low octane, 100 octane and 3 versions of 'mid-grade'; not anymore. So I would fill the tank with primo (93 octane) where it's cheap, and top it off when I'd driven 200 miles with regular (87 octane); with a roughly half-and-half mix, I was burning 90 octane gas. Coming home one night, I stopped at a station that must have had some really fresh premium; I topped it off and started home, 67 miles of mostly highway driving south on interstate 95. I started out on the highway at 65 and slowly accelerated it to 70, kicking out the cruise control to 'coast' on downhill runs. The trip compute was still reading 41.5 mpg by the time I'd pulled into my garage. Stylistically, the interior of the car is like a Mercedes or BMW; aside from the signature Acura logo on the wheel, the fit and finish of the leather seats, the plastic/vinyl accoutrements and the power seat adjustments make for a very elegant and comfortable ride. The dual-zone climate control system is a bit cryptic; and though I actually prefer more 'manual' control over the air conditioning here in Florida, the system works well. My only complaint is that have to invoke a whole set of menus and options through the touch-screen of the NAV display to do something as trivial as make the fan blow harder. Now that winter is upon us, I love driving around with the sliding sun roof open. On sunny days when I know it isn't going to rain, I leave it in 'position 2'; cracked open to vent hot air, while still providing security for my stuff. With 17 inch rims and 200 horse in a car not much bigger than a Corolla, it feels like I'm driving a European sport sedan. I love the 'trip-tronic' auto-manual feature of the transmission and often initiate planned braking by using engine compression to slow me down. For this reason, I expect to go a long time before I need to do a brake job. Of course, 'horsing around' costs you fuel economy. Still, with a combined 27 city/highway mileage, I've got some margin to play around. The Auto Nations guy was right; it's a better Honda. I've put 33,000 miles on the car in the last 2 years. I'll let you know how we're doing in another 160,000 miles."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "stylish easy to handle"

Cons: "not made for large families.or tall ppl, im 6'4''"

"This car has been one of the best cars that I have ever purchased. I got it with 42 miles and now it has 165,000. Replaced the timing chain at 155,000 just for preventative. Never had it tuned up till that point and it never gave me any problems. Still have the original head lamps. Would highly recommend this car to anyone."

Very Comfortable, Great Vaule

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I love this car! I've owned it for 3 years and am so sad that we will soon be moving onto a bigger car for family needs. It's got a smooth ride, comfortable seats, and everything you need. We've been looking to sell it and it's held it's value well, too. I've never loved a car like I love this one! I'll miss it!"

Great Car for the Money

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"My mother and I previously leased a 2003 Acura TL each. The leases came due and we "downsized" and got the 2006 Acura TSX instead of another TL. We have both absolutely loved our cars. The TSX is great on gas and I just can't believe the horsepower you get for a 4-cylinder car. In addition, Honda is known for its quality and Acuras have so many standard features that you pay extra for on BMW's and Benzes. When I compared the Acura to these models as well as the comparable Infiniti and Lexus models, the Acura always won on value, hands down. Why pay extra for leather seats, moon roof, fog lights, heated seats, multi-CD changer, and other stuff that comes standard on an Acura? If you buy or lease one of these cars, you will definitely not be disappointed. The leases are coming due again and we'll both get another Honda-made car. No question about it."

By on Monday, March 09, 2009

"I bought this '06 new in Sept 2006. I've had it for about 2-1/2 years and it is the best car I've ever owned. I get about 24 mpg around town, and get mid 30's on the highway. It takes a light foot to get that mileage, but with the instant mileage gauge, it isn't hard. I love the heated seats, the sound system, and the navigation system (especially the voice activated sound and climate controls). It is fun to drive and sporty. While it isn't a rocket off the line, it has plenty of power once you get a few rpms going. There isn't anything I would change with this car. When recently asked what car I would buy if I could spend $40k on a new car, I said I wouldn't! I don't want to ever get rid of this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals