2006 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

I'm glad I bought this Acura

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Styling, headlights, 6 speed manual, navigation"

"I've been looking for a newer used car for some time now and I wanted to stay in the Honda family after owning 5 cars (civics & accords) for the past 20 plus years. I'd never considered an Acura before but had always though of the styling on this first generation of TSX's to be handsome in an understated way. So after narrowing down the year and options (must have manual transmission) all I had to do was find a clean one owner car. I basically bought the car over the internet without even driving it first. I drove my old 1992 Accord to Charlotte, NC from Pennsylvania to take the first test drive in one of these cars. It was every thing I'd hoped it would be. I'm a tall guy, 6'4" and leg room is a BIG concern for me. Knowing that the specs on line were comparable to the current Honda Accord all I had to do was sit in one of those cars to ensure that I would have the leg room my 1992 Honda wagon did not. This car is such a joy to drive and shift that I'm NEVER going to sell this sedan. I will keep this car until I can no longer drive or the wheels fall off!"

Great car- Perfect for a working person

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Solid, reliable"

Cons: "small back seat, no air vents in back"

"Fantastic quick little car, perfect for any couple with no kids or kids that are full grown and out of the house. ONLY because it has a very tiny backseat. I'm a six foot tall woman, so naturally i have to scoot my seat back a lot. It leaves very little room for leg room in the back."

Amazing car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "BALANCE of all good traits"

Cons: "AC Compressor bad design."

"This car is an incredible balance of fun, luxery, style, practicality, size, performance, and capability. Its just amazing how perfectly balanced it is and then throw on top of that the fun and durablity its a home run.I have gotten as high as 32MPG Highway but normally get 28 with mostly highway driving. I only use regular gas. I bought the car with 69K on it and have now owned it for 6 years and am at 198K. Its running GREAT. I have only had 2 repairs in those 6 years. I have had to replace the AC compressor twice. Apparantly its a bad design low on the engine that is prone to failure and Honda will give a partial refund to those that have had them replaced at a dealer. My only advice is dont opt for a used compressor like i did the first time i replaced it. Other than that all i have done is plugs, oil, brakes, tires, rotors, filters, serpantine belt, radiator hoses and gasoline."

lOVE THIS CAR!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"lOVE THIS CAR SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT IT IN 2011. iT DOES NOT RIDE LIKE A 8 YEAR OLD CAR EVEN TODAY."

I love driving it; extremely smooth.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "no AUX plug outlet"

"The interior is a beauty and very comfortable"

Extremely low mileage for a 9-year-old car.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Extremely low mileage for a 9-year-old car. Excellent condition."

Easily beats the competitors in its 2007 class!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, reliable, easy to use, easy to own"

Cons: "Slow, small, so-so gas mileage"

"My TSX has been absolutely reliable, comfortable, and dependable for the entire period of ownership. I'm the second owner and I picked it up when it had about 28,000 miles on it (it had been leased by a female before I bought it, my only data for the previous owner). Since I was coming from the dark world of out-of-warranty BMW ownership, I had been conditioned like Pavlov's dog to expect big service bills and lots of annoying build quality headaches. Instead, the Acura has proven to be a reliable and dependable companion for nearly 75,000 miles under my ownership. There have been virtually zero mechanical issues and the only things which have broken have been minor nonessential items. What has worked well: • The car has been reliable and dependable and has never once left me stranded or without a working car. It just works. The build quality has stood up to years of being parked outside, short and long trips alike, and plenty of use for my personal and business travel. • It still looks good! Even though it's a few generations old now, the car still looks good. I have very dark tinted windows which I think looks great on a silver car by creating a contrast. The 17" alloy wheels also look nice. It's not the sexiest car in town by any means but it is respectable at business functions, on dates, and for cruising around. • Acura service is pretty affordable and I've had a good experience with them. I know that taking it to the dealer for service, particularly outside the warranty, is unnecessary and more expensive than using an independent mechanic. However, having "free" access to loaner vehicles (most recently a brand new Acura RLX!) is invaluable and they do a nice job at prices that I can almost always understand. Again, I'm coming from BMW ownership, so your perspective may vary. What hasn't worked so well: • The trunk release button broke and is pretty expensive to replace. I can still open the trunk through the lever on the inside of the car or with my key fob so I have just written off the third method of entry. • The ashtray door swivels on a hinge and mine has been broken for awhile. Again, too expensive to replace for something I don't really use. A minor annoyance. • The bluetooth phone feature is nice but it requires me to shout to be heard and the audio quality of the other party isn't great either. I almost never use it. • I'm a big guy and the car is kind of small but that is a user decision and not the fault of the car itself. • My fuel economy hasn't been too great considering it's a small car with a small 4-cylinder engine. Again, this comes down to the user, but I'd like something above 30MPG and it does not consistently achieve that in the city. On the highway, it'll do 30+ MPG though. All-in-all, I can't say enough good things about this car. It's almost hard to pick anything apart with it. If you're looking for something reliable, reasonably good looking, with great features and a solid power train, look no further."

Very Good!!!!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

"Never, never has broken."

Ahead of its time..

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable, fun to drive, good MPG"

Cons: "Premium fuel required"

"With the exception of perhaps the 2004 Acura TL, I doubt you will find any other 2004 sports sedans to be as well equipped as the 04 TSX. I bought this car with 110k miles on it. This is a fun car to drive. The 6 speed manual is very smooth. It is nimble and agile. I get a combined average of 27-28 MPG. I have had to pay for a few minor repairs but nothing too expensive. I love this car and would highly recommend!!"

I would buy the exact same car again!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Road Noise"

"I would buy the exact same car again! It has been extremely reliable and held up with regular maintenence only."

Not one incident or repair after 10 yrs and 59000

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "great driving , car handles very well"

Cons: "small tires make for a rough ride over bumps"

"Best handling car I've ever owned. Easy on gas (25-32 mph range)and super dependable. Easy to park. Because this is a sporty model, it sits lower than most cars and some senior citizens have difficulty exiting the car."

220,00 and still going

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable, 200 HP, 30 MPG highway..."

Cons: "Not exactly thrilling looking from side or back"

"bought this car new in 2004. It has needed four sets of tires and a brake job, a battery, a 125,000 mile tune up, and an oxygen sensor. That is it. Whoever posted that they paid for the center console replacement should run back to Acura and demand a refund... they had to replace then all as they were faulty. I cannot say enough about how great this car still runs and looks."

Honda makes the best gasoline engines on earth!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"Will never buy anything other than Honda products ever!"

Love this car.

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Great fun in a family car!"

Cons: "Premium fuel; overactive rev limiter."

"Hope to get another 8 years of impeccable service out of her."

great car!!!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

"I have owned this car since new.I chg oil with synthetic at 20% (avg 4000-4500 mi).This is my third Acura (TL,CL,TSX).For the $ this car has it all.have done nothing to it except reg maint items (batt,pads etc...)Still runs like the day I bought it.....I love this car and will not ever sell it.....8)"

GREAT vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun, economical (27 mpg), sporty"

Cons: "Ride is more sporty, less luxury/comfort."

"This car is everything a car should be -- it has a 200 hp 4 cyl. engine -- gets 27 MPG, is responsive, sporty, quick, fun to drive -- I'd buy this again and again. It has been totally reliable. It has creature comforts such as heated seats, power sun roof, 6 cd player, fold down rear seats to allow transport of larger/long items -- skis, big dogs, etc... I cannot say enough good about this car. Acura should be proud of themselves."

Very good decision

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "price, fun to drive, good design, good on gas"

Cons: "pricey maintenance if taken to the dealer"

"I bought the car used a few months ago and it has been a great experience. Car rides great, has good pickup for a four cylinder, and the consoles are simple and easy to understand. No looking for buttons or features, it is all right there. You know it will be a good buy because it is a Honda, and although there are minor flaws like with every car, I chose to go out on a limb and purchase one. There are not that many TSX's on the road, but they are sharp looking cars. Heated seats, moonroof, fog lights, keyless entry, sport mode shifter, leather seats, optional navigation, HID lights."

Own this vehicle for 10 yrs and it's still kicking

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance value over the life of the car."

Cons: "None. You get what you paid for, a great car."

"I bought my 2004 Acura TSX in May of 2003. I was one of the first customers to get my hands on it right off the assembly line. As a young professional, this was the perfect car to start with. It had a very sporty feel with a luxury touch to it. As my first vehicle purchase, I keep it in excellent shape. Oil changes and specific services were always maintained. I have my own mechanic, so whenever an issue arouse (engine relating), I would have my mechanic quickly service it to the dealers specifications. This saved me tons of money in the long run. The only time I had to shell out major money to the Acura service dept. was to repair the center console stack when the display went out. The only major fix for my mechanic was for a compressor fix on the AC unit. I've changed out the tires with a brand new set only twice with the lifetime of this vehicle. With proper maintenance, I was able to extend the wear of my tires beyond what they were rated for. A testament to that was easily surviving all three snowstorms during snowmageddon. I'm sure proper maintenance can extend the life of any vehicle; however, there's something about the way the TSX was built. It may not be the fastest, but it has just enough power. It wasn't the most expensive, but it still had a touch of class."

amazing car

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Reason: upgraded to the TL

Pros: "smooth rid, quiet ride,no blind spots, good on gas"

Cons: "none whatsoever"

"owned the TSX since december of 2010, it was the smoothest ride ever, I loved her and babied her. I only traded her in because I wanted to the TL."

Dependable, economical, stylish

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, economical, dependable"

Cons: "Small interior space"

"We have owned this car for about 7 years and have put more than 175,000 miles on it. We consistently get a city/highway combined gas mileage of ~28 mpg. This has been a very reliable car for our family. Only normal wear and tear items have had to be replaced. My only complaint is interior space. I am 6'2" so it is not ideal for me. When our children were young it was a good fit for them but now that they are teens and nearly as tall as me, it makes for a cramped ride. We bought an SUV for family movements but kept the TSX as my wife's daily commuting car. It has been a great car for us and we plan to give it to our oldest as her first car."

Not a bad car..

By on Friday, June 07, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage. Sporty handling."

Cons: "Not enough power/torque."

"Traded in my 1999 Maxima for a 2007 TSX with 37k miles on it. Have had little or no problems with this car except for the normal ware and tear. I'd recommend the V6 model over the 4 cylinder."

The perfect car!

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Great on gas, price, performance and luxury"

Cons: "wish it had 25 more HP!"

"Great combination of luxury, price and reliability! What a great car and the last luxury 4cyl. that exists....I LOVE THIS CAR AND HOPE TO OWN IT FOREVER!"

Love my TSX

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "slick 6 spd manual, decent power, good mpg & looks"

Cons: "premium fuel, dash backlight, ...nothing else"

"I have loved this car. Bought it with 110k miles on it in Sept. 2010. I enjoy driving and this car drives well. Great power for a 4 cyl. Nice sound system. Somewhat unique to my car, it came with a front body air dam and a rear deck lid spoiler which i guess were add on options back in '04. It doesn't look like the car is almost 10 years old. I average 28-29 mpg. I have had only a few fairly minor repairs: starter, driver door actuator, O2 sensor or 2. The drivers seat heater and back-lights behind the dash buttons haven't worked since I've owned the car but those minor issues probably cost more to fix than it's worth. My check engine light has been going off and on for over a year now from a catalytic converter issue. $400-$500 fix that i'm in no hurry to have done since I can get it to pass emissions. The premium fuel requirement is probably what I like the least about the car. It would be nice to save $0.30 per gallon but it's a compromise."

Best vehicle ever!!

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Cons: "Cheap carpet/mats"

"I've owned 4 Acura's and they are the best!!"

Great Reliability and Gas saver

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money, Gas saver"

Cons: "could use more space"

"I have owned this car since august 2011 with 84,000 miles. So far oil changes, 4 new rotors with brake pads,and 4 new tires, nothing major. this car is a pleasure to drive and will recommended it to anybody."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals