2005 Acura TSX

9.5

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

9.7/10

Own this vehicle for 10 yrs and it's still kicking

By on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance value over the life of the car."

Cons: "None. You get what you paid for, a great car."

"I bought my 2004 Acura TSX in May of 2003. I was one of the first customers to get my hands on it right off the assembly line. As a young professional, this was the perfect car to start with. It had a very sporty feel with a luxury touch to it. As my first vehicle purchase, I keep it in excellent shape. Oil changes and specific services were always maintained. I have my own mechanic, so whenever an issue arouse (engine relating), I would have my mechanic quickly service it to the dealers specifications. This saved me tons of money in the long run. The only time I had to shell out major money to the Acura service dept. was to repair the center console stack when the display went out. The only major fix for my mechanic was for a compressor fix on the AC unit. I've changed out the tires with a brand new set only twice with the lifetime of this vehicle. With proper maintenance, I was able to extend the wear of my tires beyond what they were rated for. A testament to that was easily surviving all three snowstorms during snowmageddon. I'm sure proper maintenance can extend the life of any vehicle; however, there's something about the way the TSX was built. It may not be the fastest, but it has just enough power. It wasn't the most expensive, but it still had a touch of class."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "stylish easy to handle"

Cons: "not made for large families.or tall ppl, im 6'4''"

"This car has been one of the best cars that I have ever purchased. I got it with 42 miles and now it has 165,000. Replaced the timing chain at 155,000 just for preventative. Never had it tuned up till that point and it never gave me any problems. Still have the original head lamps. Would highly recommend this car to anyone."

Very Comfortable, Great Vaule

By on Monday, May 4, 2009

"I love this car! I've owned it for 3 years and am so sad that we will soon be moving onto a bigger car for family needs. It's got a smooth ride, comfortable seats, and everything you need. We've been looking to sell it and it's held it's value well, too. I've never loved a car like I love this one! I'll miss it!"

Great Car for the Money

By on Thursday, April 23, 2009

"My mother and I previously leased a 2003 Acura TL each. The leases came due and we "downsized" and got the 2006 Acura TSX instead of another TL. We have both absolutely loved our cars. The TSX is great on gas and I just can't believe the horsepower you get for a 4-cylinder car. In addition, Honda is known for its quality and Acuras have so many standard features that you pay extra for on BMW's and Benzes. When I compared the Acura to these models as well as the comparable Infiniti and Lexus models, the Acura always won on value, hands down. Why pay extra for leather seats, moon roof, fog lights, heated seats, multi-CD changer, and other stuff that comes standard on an Acura? If you buy or lease one of these cars, you will definitely not be disappointed. The leases are coming due again and we'll both get another Honda-made car. No question about it."

Very good and reliable car

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

"we have owned this car for 10 years, and have 255,500 miles so far with no major problems. Al we do is replace the tires and brakes once in a while"

Beauty and Performance... best car ever!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "hold it's value, reliable, beautiful"

Cons: "truly, none."

"This is my 2nd Acura. Had a 2003 TL but traded it in for this because it was too big and consumed more gas than I liked. I NEVER regretted it! This car has been super reliable, it is beautiful, graceful and comfortable. I usually start to itch for a new car at the 7 year mark. No matter what car I look at, it just doesn't compare to mine! I will likely drive this until it dies. I just can't see trading such a perfect vehicle. BTW, I have the navigation system... this has been wonderful. Only complaint is that even the updated DVD isn't totally acurate all the time. But the ease of use and huge screen are fantastic."

Good Buy

By on Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"I have a 2005 TSX. Overall, it has been a great car. A little disappointed in the little things that have gone wrong (window gaskets, headlight and rear suspension recalls). Dealer experience has been very good, however. The brakes wear quickly. They seem undersized for the car."

GREAT vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun, economical (27 mpg), sporty"

Cons: "Ride is more sporty, less luxury/comfort."

"This car is everything a car should be -- it has a 200 hp 4 cyl. engine -- gets 27 MPG, is responsive, sporty, quick, fun to drive -- I'd buy this again and again. It has been totally reliable. It has creature comforts such as heated seats, power sun roof, 6 cd player, fold down rear seats to allow transport of larger/long items -- skis, big dogs, etc... I cannot say enough good about this car. Acura should be proud of themselves."

Best all around value!!

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, standard equipment, looks, quality"

Cons: "could use about 15 more pony's"

"I have owned my 2006 Acura TSX for two plus weeks and to say the least it has been a dream. The TSX was an upgrade from 1998 Honda Civic (Which I would also recommend as a first car). The sheer volume of features you get for the money in this vehicle is what sold me, features such as, memory seats, blue-tooth, heated seats, moon roof, and optional XM radio are just goodies that keep on giving. For perspective I was shopping the BMW 3 series, Audi A4-A6, the Lexus IS line, Mercedes C-Class, and a few others. I drove all the before mentioned and they all performed excellently for my needs. The BMW is what it is a machine of grace and performance as is the C-Class. But when I broke it down I could not bring myself to pay for the name and not receive what I felt was the best bang for my buck. Enter the TSX similar in horse power 205hp (when premium gas is used) has better average MPG than the BMW and C-Class I currently get 28.5, and the same features and more than the others luxury brands. Overall I rate this car at a 9.5."

Excellent Value

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"I purchased this car 5+ years ago, new from a dealer. I have put 130,000 miles on the car and have loved every second of it. The manual transmission is the smoothest I have driven and the gearing is considerably sportier than the automatic (based on my experience my Mother has since had 2 TSX's, my brother still has his 2008 and my wife just got a 2010, non of which have had any flaws). The Gas mileage is excellent, a full highway trip will still yield me 33+ mpg and my commute (3/4 highway, 1/4 city) has consistently delivered 27-28 mpg with some spirited driving mixed in. If taken care of the interior is still flawless on my car. The one minor complaint is with the paint job, seems to be a little light and I am starting to see minor fading (no garage for the 5 years and many highway miles with trucks). The car is extremely comfortable for long rides, the navigation is reliable and accurate, the XM radio integration is seemless. My one recommendation would be to wax the car frequently to try and maintain the paint job, it is my one regret."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura TSX near Honolulu. See local deals